2005 GSM Awards Nominations
The GSM Association announced today the shortlist of nominees for the 2005 GSM Awards and the latter also celebrates the tenth anniversary this year with a record number of 450 entries from every corner of the industry’s global eco-system.
The winners will be announced at the Awards Evening on 15 February at the 3GSM World Congress in Cannes, France within the following categories: 1) Applications, Content & Services 2) Handsets, Devices and Network Solutions 3) Marketing and Promotion 4) Mobile in the Community.
The most attractive category "Handsets, Devices and Network Solutions" include a contest within sectors "Best Mobile Handset" and "Best 3GSM Handset".
GSMArena.com appreciates user's personal opinion and thus starts a visitor's inquiry with a voting for the nominated mobile phones.
Twelve awards in four categories will be presented as follows:
1. Applications, Content & Services, sponsored by Nokia
- Best Enterprise Application
- Best Mobile Messaging Service
- Best Mobile Entertainment Content or Service
2. Handsets, Devices and Network Solutions
- Best Mobile Handset
- Best 3GSM Handset
- Best Billing or Customer Care Solution
- Best Network Infrastructure
3. Marketing and Promotion, sponsored by Microsoft
- Best Marketing Campaign
- Best Broadcast Commercial
4. Mobile in the Community, sponsored by Vodafone
- Best Use of Mobile for Special Needs and Accessibility
- Best Use of Mobile for Emergency Situations
- Mobility in the Environment
“Over the last decade winning a GSM Award has become recognized across the industry as a hallmark of ingenuity and innovation,” said Rob Conway, CEO and Member of the Board of the GSM Association. “We would like to thank all entrants for the outstanding quantity and quality of entries which demonstrated a wealth of innovation delivered in many guises. Pioneering products and services, exceptional community programs and inspiring new marketing campaigns made the job of our independent judges all the more difficult this year!”
At the gala evening in Cannes, a further Award winner will be announced – the GSM Association Chairman’s Award. This is given at the discretion of the Chairman to recognize outstanding contribution to the advancement of GSM. In 2004, the Award went to President Zhang Li Gui of China Mobile Communications Corporation.