Acer beTouch E130 - user opinions and reviews

Acer

6.7
6.5
6.5

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2010-10-18 11:13 from Trpb - click to readwell I really, really like the look of this phone and was thinking of buying this or the Nokia E71 in white. But there are 2 posts on here that say the build quality is very bad (trackball and screen) I was waiting for an Android QWERTY and I don't mind Android 1.6 I'm just worried about the build quality.

thank you.

• 2010-10-18 11:25
  • Ur09

I am in Dubai and the phone is selling for about usd 250. The build quality fine and the qwerty keyboard great. The android is the 1.6 though but managed to download all the applications which I needed. Finally a qwerty phone with android software. Unfortunately motorola has no demand in this part of the world which is a shame seeing the new range of motorola phones. If you are shopping for an alternative to the blackberry or nokia qwerty phones then I definately would suggest it.

• 2010-10-18 11:13
  • Trpb

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2010-10-17 22:00 from n$CW - click to readwhere are you and how much did you pay? how is the build quaility?

• 2010-10-18 07:51
  • wHbF

Just bought the phone and have have had no issues whatsoever works great touch screen is perfect and I am enjoying it and the android software. Great size and the keyboard is perfect. I would say it is probably one of the best phones out there after the motorola droid pro. I have put my iPhone 4 and blackberry bold 9700 away.

• 2010-10-17 22:00
  • n$CW

Low price and very nice phone but...

After 6 days the trackball stopped working.

• 2010-10-13 19:58
  • Dt19

Can i disable agps and use only gps module?

• 2010-10-10 23:24
  • A{3H

> In reply to Jackie @ 2010-09-30 12:12 from mngC - click to read@Jackie - thank you...you sound like someone who ACTUALLY has the phone instead of someone just commenting on it based on a review they read. My friend told me that Acer phones are built badly....unless I see something that sasy it's good and maybe you got 2 bad phones I'm going to go back to my 1st choice...NOKIA E71 White

• 2010-10-01 08:25
  • wHbV

Worst phone i ever had.
It looks cool, but the phone build quality is really bad!
I have my second one in repair right now;

So the story goes like this:

I bought one 3 weeks ago in Belgium.
So, I unpacked the box and I saw the view of the screen was blur. I thought it was maybe because of the android menu (special menu or something). But no, when i texted a message, the same thing came. The screen was not perfectly glued together, there was like water in it...

Anyway, i took it back an asked for a new one.

I got a new one after a big discussion...

Now, 1,5 week later, the screen stopped working. I only had a black screen. Lights for the buttons did works as the sound did also.

So i went back to the shop and luckaly got a replacement (old) phone in place, the phone is now send to the repair center.

So, think twice before buying this phone!

Bye

• 2010-09-30 12:12
  • mngC

For built quality it is almost perfect (screen trackball azerty perfect to surf). Only thebackside locking look a bit weak (for 10 years use ;-).

Gps is surely a agps kind so i have to wait till i get a data operator

But for the video streaming not working i m confused why me ??

At the end if the video streaming work it is a very good phone to surf.

It miss only the flash then

• 2010-09-27 15:16
  • S0dF

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2010-09-26 14:16 from S0dV - click to readhow is build quality?

• 2010-09-27 08:16
  • wHbF

almost perfect (screen is great, battery lenght, fast,...) BUT sadly 2 majors concern :

1° No GPS working, can not find my position
2° No flash support on android 1.6 !!! (how is it possible on earth ?)

Wait till the upgrade ? = Thise video show theses features working (but as a seller don't reply anoying question)?????

How does i can use his GPS and watch youtube ? fake ?

• 2010-09-26 14:16
  • S0dV

When this phone arrive in India, i will buy this!!
so will my brother, father, mother, sister, aunt and uncle. When i show it to my boss and neighbours, i sure the will buy it also!! India will tremble upon the force of this phone!!

• 2010-09-17 21:49
  • J89s

hey everybody,
To choose between de acer E130 en de nokia E5, my bottom line (except the battery performance)is the internet use.

So nokia E5 sould be better with his processor and more couloured screen.

BUT I want to be able chek my regulars websites "out-of-line" on my lap top from my cell phone memory, is symbian v60 or Android 1,6 better in this case ?

• 2010-09-16 04:54
  • S0dV

Very good phone... Android (1.6, hope for upgrade quick), a large Qwerty, a touch screen and that trackball, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, 3mpixel camera and very beautifull piece of machine... 240 in Portugal contract-free...

• 2010-09-09 15:49
  • ix9y

That CPU cannot possibly be up to the task, despite the small screen and low resolution. I got rid of an android phone with a 600MHz CPU because it was to slow.

• 2010-09-02 15:02
  • mJdw

when is this phone coming to uk, does any one know

• 2010-08-30 04:42
  • 3J9{

I've only used the black version and the quality seemed to be good but its all in plastic, even the borders. The keyboard's keys felt like to be strong.
Hope I answer your question :)

• 2010-08-23 15:03
  • Tqxb

> In reply to Primax @ 2010-08-16 17:30 from sqda - click to readwhat color is best and how is the build quality

• 2010-08-17 05:12
  • Uccf

And also, it's not an optical trackball but a simple one like on the HTC Hero or Magic!

• 2010-08-16 17:30
  • sqda

Hi guys,
I had the occasion to use this phone in a shop (in belgium the phone is already released) and the reason why I didn't buy it is because of the screen: it's a resistive touch screen! And when acer said that an update to android 2.1 will be available before the end of the year, I though it would be nice with the multi-touch. But with a resistive touch screen, there is no way.
However when you read the specs you may think that the phone'll be slow (with a 400Mhz proc) but i can tell you that it is not a problem, the phone is fast and fluid, at least in the menu and the launcher, and the keyboard is really nice!

• 2010-08-16 17:10
  • sqda
Total of 219 user reviews and opinions for Acer beTouch E130.