Acer CloudMobile S500 - user opinions and reviews

Acer

7.5
7.3
7.2

I want to know the battery life? in stand by and in talk time. Is big difference between acer and samsung s advance? because acer have 1460mah and samsung have 1500mah. why at spec at samsung apear 550h in stand by at samsung and just 355h at acer? is a difference about 40mah.

• 2012-11-06 20:27
  • nDxG

> In reply to Clem @ 2012-10-18 15:29 from 0LG4 - click to readwhere did you read that and when?

• 2012-11-02 22:29
  • p@Xx

Gsmarena, please make a review for this phone!

• 2012-11-02 15:39
  • gxP8

i have the phone about a month now and no complaints so far. except, for all of you worrying about the battery: it really isn't much of a powerbank. When using it normally, ie the way i'm used to with my nokias like E63 and E6, it's a disaster. charging it at least twice a day... And it only means normal use, msn and skype in background, some browsing and that's it. Goes empty in 8 hours. No games, no movies, if i do that, 4 hours tops. Right now trying a day without anything running besides factory apps in background, so no msn or skype to see the difference. Results so far are promising, 7 hours up-time with 84% juice remaining. So much about a smartphone, don't use it and it will go on a whole day...

• 2012-10-28 18:28
  • nB4@

there is radio on acer s 5oo...and guys excuse me what is about the battery ...so small..please tell me your opinions..thanks!

• 2012-10-27 18:38
  • pqB1

I sure hope they make a bigger battery for it at some point. I just purchased this phone (still waiting for it to arrive). I hope the battery life isn't too terrible. My previous Arc S had a 1,500 mAh battery and it regularly lasted me almost a day, if not more on a regular basis. So that gives me some hope.

• 2012-10-24 06:54
  • kPp1

It's been now a week with the phone and it's supa sweet !
Regarding the call quality, it is very decent and I didn't experience any muffled voice. Remember that call quality depends on your mobile network as well, maybe it was the issue Toon had.
Battey is the drawback of the phone, I charge it once a day because I'm playing a lot with it. But there is an energy saver mode which can make it last longer. Anyways, I've read Acer will release a bigger battery soon.
Needless to say, go for it, it's a nice investment

• 2012-10-18 15:29
  • 0LG4

> In reply to dorso750 @ 2012-10-15 23:54 from gCvq - click to readThanks mate. I think i will buy one too.

You how is interesting about this nice phone can buy it here

• 2012-10-16 23:20
  • njxA

> In reply to kotsoss @ 2012-10-13 18:27 from 0Tvs - click to readThe device is very fast. The screen is just perfect and the android 4.04 runs very smoothly.the quality is very good also. i have it for 5 days so far and i am very happy. the only thing that bother me is the small battery but is removeable. greets from greece

• 2012-10-15 23:54
  • gCvq

Anyone that has it, please tell impressions.

• 2012-10-13 18:27
  • 0Tvs

> In reply to Loki @ 2012-07-09 14:30 from uuxw - click to readits a micro sim card slot, check out the user manual

• 2012-10-12 20:25
  • pJxk

> In reply to Michael @ 2012-10-07 22:36 from LgNk - click to readNo matter what a phone costs, it should be decent at call quality. My cheap Galaxy Gio was reasonable to call with, my Lumia 710, which didn't break the bank has excellent call quality (although the earpiece could be a little louder).
I think it is a shame, cause the Cloudmobile is a very nice device further on! It's got really nice hardware. But I don't like its call quality at all. It sounded too muffled, even at a point where I had to ask people what they were saying.
A good test for call quality is to leave a message at your own voicemail! Then you know what you sound like through the mic and the earpiece of your phone. And that was just horrible!

• 2012-10-08 21:08
  • n706

> In reply to Toon @ 2012-10-07 21:21 from n706 - click to readAh, i have bought it too but have not called yet. Good to hear feedback and i will try it tomorrow. Thing is that calling this a flagship maybe isnt that fair because it costs almost half as much as the real flagships

• 2012-10-07 22:36
  • LgNk

Well I have tested the device and while it performs really fast, it lacks in a few departments...
First of all, I used only Samsung or HTC devices previously. This meant that Facebook and twitter integration worked seemlessly. My contacts automattically integrated in my existing google contacts and also calendars were automattically synced with my phone. None of this on the Cloudmobile. I had to link each Facebook contact manually and it was impossible to sync my Facebook calendar.
But more importantly: as a phone this device was horrible. The call quality was below acceptability. It was nearly impossible to hear what people were saying at the other end, although the earpiece was very loud. Everything sounded very muffled and hollow. At the other end people complained that I sounded as if I was having a very bad cold.
As a flagship this can't be tolerated. I was very disappointed especially considering the call quality. Near vanilla rom experience can be good in some areas, but smooth Facebook integration should be a must to me.
I returned this phone immediately and was happy to get a full refund. I would not recommend this phone to anyone!
Save your hard earned money and buy from a decent brand as there are Samsung, HTC or Sony. Their overlays on Android may be well criticized, but they offer welcome additions. And more importantly: they offer decent call quality!

• 2012-10-07 21:21

i'm expectin 2 the core..!!launch it soon in india

• 2012-10-06 09:54
  • Y}Jx

> In reply to michael @ 2012-10-03 16:50 from 38fD - click to readHi Michael,

Exactly! I am from Belgium and I saw it on the Vandenborre site for 289.99. Looks like it will be available for purchase this weekend.
That's not much for a Qualcomm S4 dual core Krait 1.5Ghz powered device. I've seen a few films on the device and the screen looks good too.
I am having the same concerns as you do: I have seen some Acer phones before, but none of them were really outstanding. And I have never dealt with their call quality or their ringer volume. The battery life may be another concern with 'only' 1460 mAh... makes me wonder whether it will make it through the day.
I am looking forward to your thoughts on this matter! Especially about call quality, loudspeaker volume and battery life!

• 2012-10-03 23:12
  • n706

> In reply to Toon @ 2012-10-02 21:21 from n706 - click to readDo you live in Belgium or the netherlands and saw it at the vandenborre site? I'm realy considering the cloudmobile to, but I'm a bit worried about acer not being a well known cellphone manufacturer. I'm probably getting the phone next week and check it out, test it for a couple of days and if needed change it in. I'll give my opinion next week :) but judging the hardware it should be a really good phone

• 2012-10-03 16:50
  • 38fD

I really want this phone but the fact that it has a 1,460 mAh battery is extremely disappointing. The battery stand no chance with this phone.

• 2012-10-03 03:14
  • kPpc
  • F

This looks like a very decent phone to me! You can buy it for only 289.99 here!

Does anyone have experiences with Acer phones? I was wondering about the call quality (earpiece + how do you sound at the other end?) and speakerphone loudness (ringing volume).

• 2012-10-02 21:21
  • n706

> In reply to Chandan @ 2012-09-20 14:20 from PEFV - click to readΙt will cost about 350.

• 2012-09-22 14:42
  • gxML
Total of 270 user reviews and opinions for Acer CloudMobile S500.