Acer Iconia Tab A100 - user opinions and reviews

Acer

7.2
7.1
7.1

Yes, you can connect the tablet to a TV (not sure about your particular make and model) provided that the TV has an input connection for HDMI. Most TVs made within the past year or two have an HDMI input. Of course you also need to have a cable to make the connection. A100 HDMI is the micro-HDMI, which is a smaller socket than plain HDMI, so you would need to look for an HDMI to micro-HDMI cable.

• 2013-02-19 08:17
  • q9IZ

Is there any special cable for viewing gallery in my 46''Samsung LED TV through Acre?

• 2013-02-17 08:17
  • Hkqt

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-11-11 21:20 from Iedt - click to readThere is a button that will lock the device from switching from portrait to landscape mode. I wonder if you accidentally pressed it. If you hold the device with the power button at the top right, the portrait/landscape lock button is on the right side of the device near the top. Note: This is a physical button; it's not on the screen.

• 2013-01-13 19:00
  • qUdF

is it normal that my tablet doesn't change side when I want to watch a video?? does it have this fonction?? pls help me!

• 2012-11-11 21:20
  • Iedt

hey, I was just wondering, is it normal that my tablet doesn't change side when I want to listen to a video, does it even have this fonction??

• 2012-11-11 21:14
  • Iedt

It now has 4.0 and acer have said all iconia devices will eventually be 4.1

• 2012-11-11 20:40
  • TSI0
  • F

does anyone know how to delete preinstalled apps.
i am using this for time clock purposed and don't need all the apps

• 2012-11-11 16:54
  • q}1}

> In reply to mommy and daddy @ 2012-03-31 09:02 from Hxes - click to readPls hw do u uses d 3g sim,without the sim space in A100,I want to also knw if I can use d A100 to connect to my laptop with moderm on it.pls

• 2012-11-08 13:26
  • 3sE3

Please please help me this tab main main problem unfortunately has stopped any body do the problem tell me I am waiting you thanks

• 2012-10-07 22:26
  • IT@4

• 2012-10-07 21:04
  • IT@4

> In reply to Wildrat @ 2012-06-14 02:09 from sc0{ - click to readHi ,
Could you please tell me how you did that honey comb is not stable i would like to upgrade it .

Thanks
ROY

• 2012-08-31 13:49
  • CVQ}

> In reply to Wildrat @ 2012-06-14 02:09 from sc0{ - click to readthere was no point in rooting, ics is already here. Your lucky it could have got damaged.

• 2012-07-18 18:50
  • msg6

This device I great.. I have unlocked to bootloader and rooted the device. I am running a modified version of icecream. I am using Google Voice and Groove IP so as long as I have a WiFi connection or I am tethered to my phone I can make Call and SMS. I have enjoyed this device very much.. I got it refurbished for 199 with free shipping and it has been worth every penny.

• 2012-06-14 02:09
  • sc0{

a100 tablet is not good for if your are having router and wifi then its ok otherwise it is not good . if GSM sim could be fix on this tablet could have been better is there any tablet in which we can put sim card also and with donggle suport also mail me the detail on lotus.752003@gmail.com

• 2012-06-02 09:43
  • bC9P

• 2012-06-02 09:30
  • bC9P

I've had the Acer Iconia A100 for a few months, and I'd say it's a solid 7.5 to 8 (esp. now that it's been updated ICS) over 10. It won't wow you but it'll do most everything that needs to be done. ICS seems to help with the battery life, which is the biggest issue (it lasts 4-5 hours tops, less if several things are running and downloading). As to the screen, it's not as bad as some say. The only time I have to do some adjusting is when I watch a movie. Overall the Acer Iconia A100 has a good balance of features (decent cameras, expandable to 32gb with a micro-SD card, the usual Android tablet specs) for the price.

• 2012-05-25 05:31
  • ij@c

Got This Tablet At The Source In Canada for $279.99 plus tax so it came up to $318, first thing was to, add 32gb SD card charge it then to turn it on and register it, then add your google info, then go to xda developers and root it, take of acers crap that you don't need, then do the sd card internal external swap by crossix, then instead of 5.4gb you'll have 29gb internal storage, and to protect your investment order a case on ebay mine came up to less than $20, so there you have the easy way to get a decent tablet for a good price with out paying for tethering and being locked to contract or wasting your hard earned money buying apples apps.

• 2012-05-19 21:02
  • q}WP

> In reply to n.lorusso @ 2012-05-10 15:22 from pi%@ - click to readI agree there is no micro USB charging, but with the standard charger from Acer, it charges very quick. Also, with the recent update to ICS brings some improvement to the battery life. Now, this nice little tablet becomes a very power tool for my daily use.

• 2012-05-11 04:54
  • q{Ze

Mostly great tablet with a few drawbacks:
1. terrible battery duration: it is like my laptop, almost always plugged in.
2. unresponsive at times: In honeycomb platform starting default browser is sometimes laggy. I did not checked in ICS.
3. no microUSB charging: it is necessary to have an official ACER adapter. there are some official docks for proprietary connectors but not easy to find.

Size, screen resolution, price/performance ratio are great on the other hand.

With microUSB charging and at least 10 hours of battery duration, this gadget might have been the best.

• 2012-05-10 15:22
  • pi%@

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-05-07 20:38 from q{Ze - click to readI upgraded mine to 4.0 last Friday. The app drawer is easier to use with an option to scroll through widgets and drag them to the homescreen(same thing was avaliable on honeycomb when you hold down on the background of the home screen) but its easier to manage widgets with 4.0. Another huge difference is multitasking. I noticed it right after updating but it is much easier to play music while messing with other apps, browsing the internet etc.
All the apps I had when I had honeycomb still work with 4.0 so when upgrading the apps still work. I know that was a big concern to some people. I highly reccomend updating it improves the device drastically.

• 2012-05-09 23:10
  • 0f$G
Total of 112 user reviews and opinions for Acer Iconia Tab A100.