Acer Iconia Tab A101 - user opinions and reviews

6.0

look good. but no phone

• 2012-08-18 11:01
  • ULZn

,-kkkkkNo phone ?!?!? For one of the Best products of acer !?!? So saaad i regret my send!!!

• 2012-07-02 00:41
  • MwTh

You may use battery saver or similar programs that can be downloaded from Android Market for free. It will help to keep your battery longer.
Secondly, please use SIM Card 3G to make internet connection. WIFI Connection will drain your battery faster, it is a common knowledge.
You may use messaging service by choosing Message in the menu of programs in the Android.
Battery is 1500 correct, but 2x1500 is the fact.
Well, I have used this tablet for months... the battery is still left after 12 -14 hours with office usage. Using a live wallpaper will drain your battery faster, but not in great percentage.
The minor is only : Official Accessories is rare. But you may find third party accessories suppliers in the Net.
There is a wide of variety tablet in the market now. You can choose one that suitable with your needed. Each tablet has it's own plus and minus, even the famous one.

• 2012-06-14 11:53
  • IaeH

In terms of the power of the device, I'd say it is a good tablet. I got mine just two days ago and I'd say, I am proud of this machine except its wireless. For some reason it cannot find wireless connections made from laptops while other tablets like the Explay, connect to and finds all available wireless networks. If anybody knows how to help me connect my a101 to my Samsung laptop R540, please, please help me. otherwise, I am certain others are facing a similar challenge. Thanks

• 2012-06-01 17:46
  • nqZm

I looked at this in JKT just recently called the A101-3G but the staff said it only does sms and not voice calls. How strange is that. It is a good looking device and good price and with USB and HDMI. The battery is Ni-Po so dont know if it is more efficient than Ni-Li. But why no voice calls. Is that just to keep the price down by not being registered for voice calls. It just seems Acer stoped half way when making this. If it had voice calls and full 3G, that is with all the fequencies, then it would be a great device.

• 2012-05-22 15:11

• Kirw

> In reply to rupz @ 2012-04-21 09:17 from m2hC - click to readtry plug-ins

• 2012-04-27 12:02
  • HxcD

> In reply to K F @ 2012-04-01 14:25 from m1%j - click to readusually android with 7" must have minimum 3000mAh batt capacity but iconia only had 1500mAh so im not surprise if the batt drain fast.try to turn the 3G to 2G to keep the batt safe.

• 2012-04-22 04:18
  • KiN6

Can some one tell me where can I find this in Dubai??? I tried to find it in Carrefour ... but its without 3G.

any other place????

• 2012-04-21 09:17
  • m2hC

> In reply to K F @ 2012-04-01 14:25 from m1%j - click to readtry using android booster from android market.
it will work.

• 2012-04-05 22:45
  • t}ae

I bought Iconia A101 just 3days ago and found battery is drowning faster in standby mode. I tried to find out stand by time and usage time but could not get this information on internet and even usermanual, is anybody have this information?

• 2012-04-01 14:25
  • m1%j

i have a new unit of acer icona A 101 tab i just want to know how to text and read messages here.i inserted my cellphone's sim card here .thank you God bless

• 2012-03-24 10:08
  • v0qT

> In reply to hamarr @ 2012-02-28 01:40 from ucq{ - click to readIt can't make a phone call. It can only sms.

Tablet is for personal multimedia access and personal digital assistance. If we talked about phone call, I prefer using classic phone. It's more easy, good quality voice, and battery saver.

• 2012-03-08 06:58
  • Iaea

> In reply to Indo A101 @ 2012-01-26 11:29 from Iaea - click to readcan it make phonecalls ?

• 2012-02-28 01:40
  • ucq{

Yes, screen is not as good as Ipad2. It's glossy, especially in sunny day. It reflected.
By the way in Indoor is okay. The best view is in a room with little light. By the way, I think it's better to see video at LED TV or Cinema. Anyway, If you can find doft screen protector, your problem with glossy can be minimize.

• 2012-01-26 11:29
  • Iaea

What about the screen? I want to buy this tablet,but i read the review that say the screen is poor,not good to watch movie? Thanks

• 2012-01-16 18:51
  • tD}T

I have used Iconia 101 for more than one week, it's my tenth days.

I want update about my experience for the battery. I used the tablet for work mostly in my office. I usually start it up around 7am, and recently, I didn't need to recharge it for 12 hours or more later. Of course with light usage like see email, notes.

• 2012-01-10 08:23
  • Iaea

About battery, it is 1530mAh x 2, so total battery is 3.060mAH!
It less than Galaxy 7.0 Plus with 4.000mAh, but with the price different compared with minor different in facilities, still worth it.
Of course Iconia doesn't have phone calls, Infrared, and less total storage capacity (7.0 Plus can be added with max 64G SD card). Anyway, it's rarely to use so big "phones" to make a call. Infrared is depend on, data transfer now usually using Bluetooth and cable data. Well, infra red will be used if you want to make it as a remote for TV :)

• 2012-01-03 08:01
  • Iaea

I have bought it yesterday, Iconia Tab 101 3G, the blue one. First, I afraid of the battery performa. But after my first try today, It lasted for more than 9 hours before battery run off to 15%. Well, of course I'm not using it to see Video or full browsing. Only use it for some application, browsing, notes.
Quick application, good price, and handy. About OS, no further comment, it's an Android 3.2 Honeycomb.

• 2012-01-02 12:22
  • Iaea

Sorry, the correct word is "interesting", not "interesant" :P.

• 2011-12-29 20:31
  • PwSV
Total of 65 user reviews and opinions for Acer Iconia Tab A101.