Acer Iconia Tab A1-810 - user opinions and reviews

Acer

7.7
7.6
7.8

> In reply to pane @ 2014-11-21 22:40 from ptSU - click to readThanks for your advise. Unfortunately I installed the update to prepare the tablet before doing the KitKat upgrade. I have cleared the cache since and as warned before doing the KitKat upgrade, found it is not possible to go back to 4.2.2. Thanks anyway.

• 2014-11-23 10:54
  • wvVe

> In reply to pane @ 2014-11-21 23:28 from ptSU - click to readKitKat update is a must for Acer A1-810 !
Only with that you can switch on to ART runtime which runs the tablet really fluid and smoothly.

• 2014-11-22 07:08
  • Kxu1

> In reply to dech @ 2014-11-17 14:49 from v0qT - click to readcheck (system settings/app/All) on the applications list, you will find "Acer live updater" and "system updater".

those 2 applications check the OS updates .
if does not work then only left to wait for update.
I 'll try to answer supervision but I think you missed the chance. and do not upgrade pirate is extremely dangerous , you better stay on the jelly bean , I personally do not see any significant difference with kitkat .

• 2014-11-21 23:28
  • ptSU

> In reply to kiwi user @ 2014-11-19 01:01 from wvVe - click to readYour post is very frustrating but whether it is justified . means a1 810 with kitkat works perfectly . the question is whether you have installed the update before KitKat was the upgrade that is important to work on KitKat version. If you have not done the update you've probably why you have problems . So if you're satisfied with 4.2.2 then reset the tablet and go back to the jelly bean version.

• 2014-11-21 22:40

> In reply to ud @ 2014-11-16 11:15 from IWT5 - click to readdont root

• 2014-11-21 22:05
  • ptSU

> In reply to kiwi user @ 2014-11-19 01:01 from wvVe - click to readInteresting that you faced those problems in which I never know.

Try clear cached data.

• 2014-11-19 14:46
  • Kxu1

Can anyone tell me where my GPS went when l updated my A1 810 to KitKat. I can't see any other comments about this problem. Maybe I'm the only one. The tablet that I had and was so impressed with running on 4.2.2 now is also slower, jerky and seems to run the battery down faster. I did manage to get youtube back after some trouble though. I can't imagine where the good comments come from about doing the kitkat upgrade. My advise is "if you haven't done it yet, and it ain't broke, don't fix it. I had to go and buy a secondhand one still running on 4.2.2.

• 2014-11-19 01:01
  • wvVe

if i missed on the last update before 4'4 kitkat,how can i get the update that i missed? I tried checking other system updates but it only says update service temporary unavailable. status code 400.. Can anybody help me or tell me what to do?

• 2014-11-17 14:49
  • v0qT

How to root A1 -810

• 2014-11-16 11:15
  • IWT5

> In reply to Curious @ 2014-10-30 23:31 from Y7kR - click to readI m a true Acer A1-810 user.
First thing first, don't just believe in whatever comments posted here in this forum, including mine.

Use some commonsense and you can distinguish who are not Acer A-810 users but posted rubbish because of some reasons.

My Acer A1-810 was updated in mid July with Android 4.4.2 firmware and so far so good. You should experience the following at least,
- software optimization really improved a lot. It operates smoothly and more fluid manner.
- if the About Device shows you that it is 4.4.2 then it is updated, don't believe in those who tell you something else.
- for me, both Antutu and Quadrant benchmarks improved after the update. Especially for Quadrant, it shows up to 60% improvement!
- so long as you constantly use Clean Master or other apps that do the same job, to clear caches and free up RAM, then the system and Apps would run very nicely without problem.
- camera software however improved slightly only as I noticed.
- you still can't move apps data to the sdcard.
- WiFi connection remain the same if not slightly improved. That's also depends on your WiFi provider's signal strength.

Better still, if you were to download the following latest Android 5.0 Lollipop apps via APK install without root, you are likely to love your tablet more!
- latest Google Now Launcher. (It is much better than the Acer stock launcher).
- Lollipop Google Keyboard.
- Lollipop Google Gmail.
- Lollipop Google+

I play Temple Run2 and Racing 3 etc. without any problem.
I will keep this tablet longer than I would have thought...

• 2014-11-07 12:13

• YMf4

how to move apps or games to sd card if it is kitkat 4.4.2

• 2014-11-02 07:51
  • Hktb

I am a user of this tablet, everything is great other than the display and weight. But it's excusable for a budget tablet!

• 2014-11-01 10:09
  • IWUa

Thanks AM.But wait what is pen drive? Thank you.

• 2014-10-31 13:19
  • YT@n

> In reply to potroub @ 2014-07-09 01:19 from NBL1 - click to readI received notification about the 4.4.2
update a few months ago. I updated my
tablet and I checked the specs and it
shows 4.4.2.

So are you saying Acer hasn't really
truly given an update? I did notice
that I was connecting to sites faster,
that they looked clearer; things like
that. I'm just trying to understand your
point of view. I'm also now experiencing some slowing of my connection so I really don't know how much of an improvement that really was.

• 2014-10-30 23:31
  • Y7kR

> In reply to Jenkai @ 2014-10-17 10:24 from P@dw - click to readyes. OTG cable can allow the tab to connect to USB. pen Drive also can be access via OTG

• 2014-10-18 06:14
  • IVLG

I have little idea about OTG . Can someone explain it further and is Acer A1 iconia capable of this tech? Thank you :)

• 2014-10-17 10:24
  • P@dw

> In reply to sibincs0711 @ 2014-10-01 16:53 from sSNU - click to readFirst You need the last update before 4'4 kitkat and then you can upgrade to KitKat version,so if you miss that one you can not do that.

• 2014-10-03 09:55
  • ptSU

> In reply to emmann @ 2014-07-23 10:44 from IsxJ - click to readi can't update to 4.4.2...when try to do mannually,it is showing update service not available

• 2014-10-01 16:53
  • sSNU

> In reply to fuzzy_bear38 @ 2014-09-29 02:45 from wMHH - click to readU may check the Display Screen On timing in the device's Setting.

• 2014-09-29 17:47
  • Kxu1
Total of 218 user reviews and opinions for Acer Iconia Tab A1-810.