Acer Iconia Tab A1-810 - user opinions and reviews

Acer

7.7
7.6
7.8

Please can you tell me how to move my photos to a sf card please

• 2014-08-31 13:53
  • 3iLQ

> In reply to dan3048 @ 2014-08-29 04:20 from D96p - click to readYou are damned right. Go for it.
In fact the wifi only Acer A1~810 is eligible for Kitkat update, a smoother Android version.

• 2014-08-29 13:22
  • Kxu1

I'm looking for an in expensive tablet for travel. Basically use wifi to check e-mail, surf the net, take some pictures, and read some books... It seems that this tablet should do the trick. Is this correct and how durable is it to throw into a khaki pocket or backpack?

• 2014-08-29 04:20
  • D96p

> In reply to khan @ 2014-08-21 07:03 from KIAi - click to readi had the same experience. i just endorsed my gadget to ACER service center. they've reset and fixed it. i think u should probably do the same as well.

• 2014-08-26 04:25
  • wujA

> In reply to Alyce @ 2014-08-22 16:28 from kEuW - click to readThe Acer A1~810 does not allow moving apps to the sdcard even updated to KITKAT.
BUT after update the performance improved very significantly.

• 2014-08-23 14:17
  • Kxu1

> In reply to Expert 123 @ 2014-08-05 06:51 from Kxu1 - click to readI'd like to know how well the functioning of the micro-sd card now works?
I bought my tablet recently (the Acer Iconia A-1) specifically because of the SD Card. I always kept my apps on the card instead of the tablet due to space issues. Now, after I buy the tablet, I find out I cannot move apps to SD Card ...and this update limits this even more.
I don't know whether the update is worth it or not if most apps won't work.

• 2014-08-22 16:28
  • kEuW

> In reply to Spooky36 @ 2014-08-22 02:49 from qGjf - click to readWhat type of email account is it?
Gmail?
Yahoo?
Hotmail?
Your ISP email account?
It sounds as if you are using your own ISP email account and have 'ticked' the box that tells your account to 'leave mail on server'.

You will need to provide additional information before anyone can instruct you to help.
You may not need to delete the account, just change a setting.
Have you contacted your ISP about this issue? They could probably walk you though fixing it.

• 2014-08-22 15:40
  • kEuW

I have an Acer Iconia A1-810 tablet; Android Version 4.4.2; how do I delete an email account? I tried to delete my email account, because I keep getting emails after Iíve deleted them, needless to say, this is verra annoying! Thank you for your assistance in this; it is greatly appreciated.

• 2014-08-22 02:49
  • qGjf

After upgrading to kitkat, my acer iconia a1 810 shuts down when charging... How can i solve this problem?

• 2014-08-21 17:43
  • v0qT

from where can i get its digitizer (touch screen ) , got my touch screen broken,,,, display working but touch not

• 2014-08-21 07:03
  • KIAi

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-08-18 08:23 from Nv3w - click to readpush deeper with your finger nail

• 2014-08-20 08:30
  • ptSU

My SD card will not click in.

• 2014-08-18 08:23
  • Nv3w

> In reply to mr vavavoom @ 2014-08-11 03:48 from w0Pt - click to readDont have to. Just do the following:
1. Use Clean Master app to clean up junk files & memory.
2. Go to Setting 〉Storage 〉 Clear Cache data

Only if you encounter specific apps that run slow then you reinstall them.
My experience is that, this 4.4.2 firmware update for Acer A1~810 is very stable.

• 2014-08-11 07:47
  • Kxu1

> In reply to pane @ 2014-08-07 20:38 from ptSU - click to readOK, now there is a new problem. Do I need to reinstall my apps? because my apps became slow and it really sucks!

• 2014-08-11 03:48
  • w0Pt

> In reply to mr vavavoom @ 2014-08-04 07:31 from w0Pt - click to readto mr vavavoom for ;Man the last update makes my camera not to work, it says unfortunatelly the gallery stoped, it makes me mad at it damn! i have the same problem.this come with 4.4 kitkat- so first delite icon camera the go to main menu and you find the new icon camera run and after that well working good ,also you can put this icon on your first menu.good for you.

• 2014-08-07 20:38
  • ptSU

> In reply to mr vavavoom @ 2014-08-04 07:31 from w0Pt - click to readdelete old shortcut ,go in menu, take new shortcut and now push camera
work for me

• 2014-08-06 15:15
  • ptS0

I read about some bad comments about ACER A1~810 KITKAT update on this forum. So i just share my own encounters here.
I received the first Pre~Kitkat firmware update from Acer in June. Thats to prepare the device for its actual update. Then on 17 July i finally got the notification i was waiting for ~ it's Kitkat 4.4.2 alright.
The OTA update process took at least 15 mins to complete and installed. The file size is big, about 258MB.
Take note after this update, the following:
1. Perform cache data clean up on your device (Setting > Storage)
2. Dont update your Google Map (set to non auto update)
The updated map app wont work well with this firmware update.
3. Delete your stock Acer camera app (4.2.2)
4. Most importantly, SWITCH OVER TO Android Runtime (ART), this mode apparently works perfectly with the Kitkat firmware update! (Via Developer Options)
5. Download latest Google Now Launcher (releashed on Aug 1)from Play Store
6. If encounter any apps forced close or lag, uninstall them and reinstall

Let me tell you, after update to Kitkat 4.4.2 my Acer A1~810 really rocks, perform like a brand new high end tablet! Quadrant benchmark shows at least 80% improvement in software optimization!!! I kept trying and finally i have to believe that this Is REAL!

There's a few review articles on Acer A1~810 4.4.2 update on this website: www.watchpage.wordpress.com

• 2014-08-05 06:51

• 2014-08-04 07:31
  • w0Pt

Why do IKeep my e_mails from constantly repeating after I trash they??
Why does my screen darken when I try read in kindle??

• 2014-08-04 00:26
  • j@M9

> In reply to hstan @ 2014-07-18 08:06 from 9ye9 - click to readBad choice

• 2014-08-01 22:52
  • NBL1
Total of 188 user reviews and opinions for Acer Iconia Tab A1-810.