Acer Iconia Tab A1-810 - user opinions and reviews

Acer

8.0
7.9
8.1

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-07-20 05:42 from v0qx - click to readmine has none of the problems you mentioned, it even is far faster than before no hang at all

• 2014-07-20 14:01
  • Mfxf

Absoloutley awful. Not compatable at all. Will buy a new tablet and scrap this one "Acer iconia a1". I know some of the problems are because of Google but even still The kitkat update has made my tablet slow, jerky, causes it to freeze and done something to the graphics. Will not be purchasing Acer again. And will reconsider getting android again. Has caused a big problem with my banking as was in the middle of something when it froze. :(

• 2014-07-20 05:42
  • v0qx

Now is avabile Android 4.4.2
I downloaded right now and my tablet works very fast,the battery it's good,the camera is very nice,i cand do more things with the camera(have a lot of new things),the new update is super!!!

• 2014-07-18 11:30
  • pqxL

is there any A811 user's gets Kitkat ?

• 2014-07-18 08:59
  • tDCa

is there any A811 user's gets Kitkat ?

• 2014-07-18 08:58
  • tDCa

Kitkat in Malaysia too. MicroSD card write permission change as per pop up window message.

• 2014-07-18 08:06
  • 9ye9

Now the update is also in Romania.

• 2014-07-17 22:16
  • 0Uw%

Kitcat update has arrived in ireland, im installing it at the minute!

• 2014-07-17 09:18
  • ny5I

got my update of kitkat last night. it looks ok for now

• 2014-07-17 09:18
  • iFnG

Kitkat is arived in serbia! I m trying it right now!

• 2014-07-16 23:14
  • JFp2

> In reply to pab12play @ 2014-07-12 19:52 from 8Fu% - click to readMost likely. Didn't tried out yet. PS: My tab is not rooted.

• 2014-07-13 14:42
  • 6QfT

> In reply to kurimaw2014 @ 2014-07-13 08:26 from iFnG - click to readIt is a pre-kitkat update. Kit Kat update will come after this update. Notice the change in keyboard and emojis. :)

• 2014-07-13 14:40
  • 6QfT

> In reply to TRIANGLE @ 2014-07-12 12:18 from KIeq - click to readi updated nothing happen still on jelly bean

• 2014-07-13 08:26
  • iFnG

Does anyone now if i update my tablet, i will lose root?

• 2014-07-12 19:52
  • 8Fu%

Received KitKat notification too! Wow Acer, what a surprise!

• 2014-07-12 12:18
  • KIeq

Kitkat coming
i jz receive notice of kitkat update, well done ACER

• 2014-07-12 05:00
  • IV5c

I recently posted this on Acer Forum Community of Users for the Iconica A1-810 from Acer...

They totally erased parts of my message concerning the truth about the update on this unit

please read it...

«After Talking to Acer then Google Android's team...that shoot me right back at Acer...Saying it is to them to make all updates available ...for now they are locked by Acer team.
Even thought they want you to believe that they have not finished testing KitKat with Iconia A1-810...
They are lying...because...not only they are not doing any test...they just stopped supporting this device and locked it to Jelly Bean 4.2.2.
They will not confirm you this over the phone or on Chat .
But clearly Acer will not update this tablet like the advertisement said when we all purchased the unit.

Nothing in the hardware would prevent the unit to get KitKat...and even the new L upcoming...(asides from certains feature that won't work because of it's hardware limitations)

So...Acer is fooling us... +

Be aware that the Heartbleed fault issue for security is not protected from when on Jelly Bean 4.2.2.
Google advises all to update to the latest KitKat 4.4.3 to get protection from the Heartbleed.

So I've decided enough is enough...

I made this Facebook page to collect data info on the Iconia A1-810 users database. To inform them of this.
And perhaps gather enought attention and fallowers to sign a petition against this practice by Acer Team.

If I get enough of petitionners I'll will fileup a lawsuit against Acer with all your supported signatures.

The battle Starts here my friend and if you know any Iconia A1-810 users pass the word please

«The goal of this page...

Is to expose and gather all users of the Acer Iconia A1-810 will never get the promised updates for their Android OS.

It will be stuck with the present 4.2.2. Jelly Bean.
Not only they have no intention of updating it...
But they already support other newer models like the A1-830 that is updatable to KitKat.

So...if you want to be part of a potentiel Lawsuit against Acer this is the place to reports yourselves.

As soon as I get a desired amount of users that supports this idea of a lawsuit. I will bring the case in court with your signatures.

And hopefully if we win we all get compensations and the future updates to Google's Android OS.

Thanx a bunch»

And then visit this Fb page to gather your info...and signatures so I can fufill a legitimate lawsuit agains them for usurpation and false claim.

Because when we purchased this unit...it was said it you be updatable garanteed.

• 2014-07-09 01:19
  • NBL1

> In reply to Paul @ 2013-12-16 14:54 from MP@W - click to readYes, there is a buzz in the headphone jack. I have checked two so far and both have a background buzz in the headphone jack. Otherwise a neat tablet but very weak I think that Acer is unable to design or manufacture a tablet to provide a decent audio socket. If anyone knows a viable workaround, other than bluetooth audio, please post.

• 2014-07-04 10:25
  • s50Q

> In reply to z @ 2014-06-21 06:17 from t7XH - click to readDISPLAY Type LED-backlit IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
Size 768 x 1024 pixels, 7.9 inches (~162 ppi pixel density)
Multitouch Yes

• 2014-07-02 10:35
  • 05v5

Hey acer a1 is a great tablet and since 2014 acer has corrected the los sensetivity screen

• 2014-06-28 11:45
  • 0ZDT
Total of 157 user reviews and opinions for Acer Iconia Tab A1-810.