Acer Iconia Tab A500 - user opinions and reviews

Acer

7.3
7.3
7.4

> In reply to ake @ 2013-12-18 11:54 from Nw8a - click to readwhen you boot, its stuck to word android in screen? same thing happened to me several times. i followed several steps from xda. i used 3 processes. first, something to do with cpuid, which was difficult because of pressing the reset button, power nad vol+. second is flashing an acer rom. 3rd is rooting. you will lose all data in the tablet but at least you can use the tab again.

• 2014-04-12 04:25
  • ubgJ

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-02-08 23:25 from 4DQb - click to readVery difficult

• 2014-03-23 08:54
  • 6cpm

> In reply to florin @ 2014-01-06 03:33 from q}0Y - click to readI don't think you can install Adobe flash player. I downloaded Photon Browser instead.

• 2014-02-08 23:25
  • 4DQb

> In reply to ake @ 2013-12-18 11:54 from Nw8a - click to readTake A Wide Breath From A Mountain and Throw It Down! As I done it with my Tab. After That Get Close to the tab with a close eye and slowly opens. try to push a power button if it works its good if not then it is suffering from AIDS..............:(

• 2014-01-18 10:01
  • 6QeG

> In reply to SanDil @ 2013-01-22 16:32 from tere - click to readI did it and worked fine for a while till I got an update that made my tablet not working, so do not advise anyone to root it

• 2014-01-06 03:40
  • q}0Y

> In reply to zeyad @ 2013-11-08 12:54 from Nkef - click to readHow did get working adobe flash on it?; otherwise you cannot say is a good device, try to light me up at my email flomar2009@gmail.com

• 2014-01-06 03:33
  • q}0Y

i can't boot my acer iconia A500 tablet it comes with android written on the screed and then remains there. it boot

• 2013-12-18 11:54
  • Nw8a

i owned this tablet for the last 18 months , it is an amazing tablet with great specification the camera is good , the battery is 8 hours with wifi and screen on . the only thing that is bad i that i doesn't support 3g connection , beyond that it is the best tablet ever manufactured by acer .

• 2013-11-08 12:54
  • Nkef

> In reply to kittycat @ 2013-01-12 23:33 from kgWx - click to readMy Acer tells me I can't open new tab but I am unable to close any. I see that problem mentioned, but find no answer to the problem...please help.

• 2013-11-02 09:11
  • qPMA

Its a good idea that i bought this tablet 1year ago. With the spec. and look are all perfect. My son and wife love to have this until now...

• 2013-10-11 22:25
  • tS9x

> In reply to dave @ 2013-08-05 20:33 from rvPY - click to readIU detect a iFan Apple troll .... the device is smooth and stable if you know how to use it .... then again, I have installed a custom Rom (As mentioned in an earlier post) - also you might just have a dud device with some hardware issuee (Always possible) which gives you bad experience (and I am just lucky to have a good device from the batch)

• 2013-10-03 08:44
  • RtJH

Actually Thor and DigitX makes a custom ROM for the A500 that is smooth and their latest 4.3 Rom adds features and makes my A500 super smooth with no issues yet (and its still a test version (the 4.3 Rom)) They have a 4.2 version also.

Take a look :

and this is for the 4.3 version

• 2013-10-02 16:42
  • RtJH

> In reply to satish @ 2013-08-09 10:09 from 7tRe - click to readfactory reset.

• 2013-09-09 16:01
  • 7AQu

Rubbish,too heavy and too slow

• 2013-09-07 14:27
  • XrZ1

Dnt ever root your A500. Cos if u do it'll begin to have a glich and most times it freezes. I don't think its necessary to root your acer tab.

• 2013-09-04 18:21
  • 3sEw

ya this is satish. i am using acer icona 500 tablet .yar 2 days i forgot the password of this tablet. can any one suggest how to recover the password of this tablet.

• 2013-08-09 10:09
  • 7tRe

HUGELY DISSAPOINTED.
I really expected a functional instrument.

1. WiFi pickup rubbish
2. Browser closes and shuts all sessions often
3. Keypad typing malfunctions often. You can't see what you writing and it has mind of its own. Only way to reset is through all sorts of stupid actions like switching sessions or scrolling ... don't always work....
4. Delayed keyboard response... uuuurgggghhh
5. Does not display images in Google search when you drill into one
6. Youtube freezes. On my iPhone it works perfectly.

I am not a complaining type but this can't be better than some cheap rubbish from China. I am so so dissapointed. After a year I am switching to a product I can trust. Apple.

I am on latest version of OS. I have factory reset plenty. I give up.
I think it is partly to do with android.
What rubbish. In no uncertain terms.

• 2013-08-05 20:33
  • rvPY

Just got the acer A500 tab but I can't change the language from deutsh to english because there is only the deutsh option in the language settings and how can I upgrade the tab

• 2013-08-05 12:52
  • 3sEw

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-02-19 14:55 from 9C4L - click to readI could connect a wireless mouse to the USB port and it can easily read my pendrives (different brands and sizes). Its a good tablet.

• 2013-06-01 20:01
  • 8EqC

Hi I just bough acer500and I can't make it sync. They wrote u have to enter to www.acer,.com and install Acer sync program and I did as they wrote and installed the Acer sync program but it didn't operate.I don't know why.please help

• 2013-05-29 13:03
  • fvUP
Total of 236 user reviews and opinions for Acer Iconia Tab A500.