Acer Liquid Gallant Duo - user opinions and reviews

Acer

6.4
6.2
6.4

Was a great phone for the year I had it. Though sadly when replacing the screen the LCD contact was broken so I had only a black screen :/ That is one negative of any phone though. Another gripe was no front-mount camera though this wasn't major. The biggest problem I had with owning this phone was the lack of cases available. There is only one company that makes cases specifically for this phone (all other case may FIT it, the camera and power button are on the left-hand corner of the phone, not the middle so you wouldn't be able to use it). Another small thing was that the speakers were rather tinny. Overall, I would have happily bought another model of this phone but I believe that they aren't made anymore. A shame as for the money it was fantastic.

• 2014-04-03 08:56
  • EmM3

Mine would not reboot or wipe data,just keeps crashing if you switch wifi on. After a year..dead ...no response to anything. When working it was pretty good, I even began to understand Android but it was false economy. The battery life is terrible : you could not plan a long journey with this without a back up. Come on Apple...let's have a dual sim iPhone soon. This was 120 pounds wasted .

• 2014-01-23 14:25
  • mW$2

> In reply to annie @ 2013-12-15 22:55 from JaFK - click to readI have to say that I found this to be the best mobile I have ever owned. I bought this as a cheap replacement for a drowned phone and only intended to use it for a short while. At the time I got an intro offer on it for £120 and it was a bargain.

I give this mobile really heavy use 24/7 and it has never yet let me down.
So 18 months + later I am still using it and see no reason to change it.

• 2013-12-20 22:30
  • HCwS

When it worked it was brilliant but, 9 months on has now given up the ghost and totally died - no answer from Acer helpline so have just ordered another (different) phone. Disappointed that it didn't have a front camera, for 1/2 the price I am getting a new phone with a higher OS and twin cameras.

• 2013-12-15 22:55
  • JaFK

I bought this because I was told it had the best value for money dual SIM phone. From the third month something was always wrong. But the worst are its battery's life and the fact that is something happening in the core and I can't read, receive or send any message. When I called back the store where I bought it from they said it is a usual problem for this model. At first I thought I had found the perfect smartphone, but now please don't bother buying it...

• 2013-10-25 17:16
  • atK0

hi guys
how about battery

• 2013-06-17 21:04
  • fp8x

> In reply to vib @ 2013-03-24 12:40 from w0QB - click to readIt is apparently caused by cache size being too big, get application to clear it from time to time.

I have App Cache Cleaner running in background and set to clear cache every 4 hours.

Since I got it my E350 works perfectly

• 2013-06-05 15:43
  • smNy

> In reply to lostinspace @ 2013-01-20 18:49 from YHF$ - click to readtry pixmania

• 2013-04-01 05:20
  • nqFk

I have gallant duo and I have problems with it.
I play subway surfer, temple run,and etc...and after few day it get slow... slow when you're playing...
I reset it but there's nothing happens...
Also when you're texting its also slow...
Please help me if there's a solutions for this thanks..

• 2013-03-24 12:40
  • w0QB

> In reply to dkaparis @ 2013-01-29 02:47 from 3iwX - click to readYou should visit their web page www.acer.com for inquiry. They will report to the police if it's a fraud.

• 2013-03-13 14:52
  • bx9j

I bought this phone 3 weeks ago and have used it when travelling so I could run 2 sim cards at once. I found no issues or problems with the phone at all. It happily runs the 2 phone lines and managed to stayed logged onto skype and a VOIP presence at the same time. OK its not super fast but considering the modest pricing I think the phone is an excellent buy.

• 2013-03-09 17:40
  • s4cZ

> In reply to Forever2sim @ 2012-10-03 02:39 from nMIx - click to readWhich site did u buy your acer liquid gallant duos?

• 2013-03-08 16:53
  • fu4C

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-01-13 12:25 from naIu - click to readHello I need a dual sim phone where both sims are operating at the same time ie you don't have to switch between the two. Is this the case with the acer liquid?

• 2013-02-01 20:18
  • mxP}

> In reply to Allent1 @ 2012-11-26 16:28 from 0R3D - click to readim after a spare battery too if anyone has an answer it be greatly appreciated!

• 2013-01-30 07:42
  • gAcM

I found a smartphone listed as "Acer Liquid Gallant S Duo E350S" on Ebay. It looks identical on the picture and the listed specs are the same, except the CPU/chipset, which is MTK 6577, Dual Core 1GHz.

I inquired the seller whether it was a mistake in their description and they responded it was an upgraded Taiwanese model. I'm unable to find any references to an upgraded Taiwanese version of this phone with an MTK 6577 chipset.

Any opinions on its legitimacy?

• 2013-01-29 02:47
  • 3iwX

I bought this phone when it first came out in the UK, I think its great, one small problem is that the screen light keeps going on and off when not in use, I noticed it when I woke up in the night and saw it glowing, on and off, anyone know why, and how to rectify it, it has been updated twice

• 2013-01-24 11:32
  • JiIH

> In reply to lostinspace @ 2013-01-20 18:49 from YHF$ - click to readCheck out stores in The Netherlands

• 2013-01-24 09:13
  • mSj}

This sounds like a great phone, but it seems impossible to find. Only expansys has it in their UK online store, and even though it says "in stock" they won't ship for another month (yeah nice scam that one). Are there any online stores where it is available now?

• 2013-01-20 18:49
  • YHF$
Total of 129 user reviews and opinions for Acer Liquid Gallant Duo.