Acer Liquid Gallant Duo - user opinions and reviews

6.4

Thanks

• 2012-10-11 04:32
  • n2K6

How can I set my calls in order the receiver sees my number on the screen?

• 2012-10-10 17:48
  • xvUe

> In reply to Zaid @ 2012-10-10 08:38 from Liys - click to readI was also battling between the Vivo and the Acer Liquid Gallant Duo, but Gsmarena stated that the Gallant Duo "is arguably the most powerful dual-SIM droid currently on the market" (http://www.gsmarena.com/htc_de...7p10.php)and since the Vivo's ram is appearently 512mb instead of 1gb, I am leaning towards the Acer!

• 2012-10-10 13:28
  • yXZX

> In reply to Zaid @ 2012-10-10 08:38 from Liys - click to readAcer is well known brand & the Liquid Gallant Duo has been used & tested & it has proved to be Good by many happy users.

Never heard of BLU & I read in other forums that Blu are chinese re-branded phones, doesn't mean they are bad thou. Choise is yours if you want to experiment or take a risk :)

• 2012-10-10 12:40
  • 9EaQ

I am confused between ACER LIQUID GALLANT DUO and BLU VIVO 4.3.
I need your advice. Acer is famous company. Blu is not famous and some of users of Vivo 4.3 said that that the RAM is not 1G. That make me feel that BLU is not a honest company.
Please advice me.

• 2012-10-10 08:38
  • Liys

> In reply to stannsh @ 2012-10-06 09:42 from yXZX - click to readI emailed blu manufacturer, and they said the blu vivo 4.3 would work as wifi hotspot

• 2012-10-08 21:16
  • 9LN4

Hey all...

I am trying to make up my mind between the Blu Vivo and the Acer Liquid Gallant Duo. I know the Vivo is dual core + Super Amoled Plus screen + 720p video + Dual Cam (Skype Video). But the Acer has Wifi hotspot which would help greatly with my ipod touch + 256 ppi pixel density as compared to Blu's 217 ppi. and Acer is more established and reputable brand than Blu, at least in the so-called 'mainstream' arena.

I am not a mobile gamer, and don't bother watching videos on my phone. My most important features are Whatsapp, Skype (although I'm unsure if I would need Skype Video calls), and a decent browswer and Wifi hotspot.

Your thoughts would be appreciated.

• 2012-10-06 09:42
  • yXZX

is this dual sim active or stand-by???????

• 2012-10-04 21:43
  • 0Uw0

very good phone from acer.. the phone also comes with a scratch resistant screen. but this is not mentioned in the spec. i have been using it for 2months ..and its top class stuff

• 2012-10-04 10:14
  • mqyH

> In reply to Manny @ 2012-10-03 10:59 from 9EaQ - click to readThanks, it has a higher rating, but since ive had samsung and never an acer, wasnt sure

• 2012-10-03 17:45
  • gxJL

> In reply to Socks023 @ 2012-10-02 15:11 from gxKF - click to readDefenitely Acer Liquid Gallant Duo compared to Galaxy S Duos.

• 2012-10-03 10:59
  • 9EaQ

The same happened in Italy...few days and all the "Liquids" have been sold, and now the price is grown up exactly of 10 Euro if no more. No one sell it into physical shop...only through Internet. :-/
I've purchased one (white) only 1 hour ago...the delivery is estimated within 2 days, after that I think to make a review in italian language.

• 2012-10-03 02:39
  • nMIx

I have a samsung b7722 which is dual sim but not android, do you think it would be best to get this acer, or the samsung galaxy s duos?

• 2012-10-02 15:11
  • gxKF

> In reply to sambam @ 2012-10-01 13:10 from mXb5 - click to readYes, they are running out of stock , selling fast...

• 2012-10-02 10:51
  • 9EaQ

> In reply to Leyla @ 2012-09-29 01:19 from MFJZ - click to readYea its wierd, I ordered one on expansys when the price was low and still havent recieved it! im wondering if they have run out of stock

• 2012-10-01 13:10
  • mXb5

where we can buy. this in India or Bangkok,
is it good with Skype.

• 2012-09-30 12:21
  • iwpB

> In reply to Leyla @ 2012-09-29 01:19 from MFJZ - click to readExactly. Here in Portugal the same is happening...

• 2012-09-29 03:32
  • pXx7

Price keeps going up for this phone!!

Normally when a gadget comes out it is expensive & it slowly goes down in value & gets cheaper to buy. But for Acer Liquid Gallant Duo it is opposite. It was advertised for £148 GBP in Expansys website for pre order, then went up to £150, then £153, now £161. They are selling it for £186 in Handtec & over £200 GBP on Ebay & some are even asking for £250 GBP for the same phone on Ebay. What is going on??

May be too many people are interested on this phone compared to other in the same league such as Samsung Galaxy S Duos, HTC Desire V & Micromax A90.

• 2012-09-29 01:19
  • MFJZ

My experience with Acer Liquid Gallant Duo: I previously used Samsung Galaxy Y Duos.

Brilliant HD screen.

Nice speed for the spec.

Plenty of internal storage compared to similar phones in the same league + the option to have 32GB Micro SD card.

Camera not the best.

GPS Navigation not the best.

Battery gets drained quickly if all the apps are running at the same time. But it tells you which is using the most battery & you can disable that app or stop it. I had to stop Google map. Switching off Wifi when not in use extends battery life. Anything that you are not using turn it off.

Speed Booster app & AVG or Avast Antivirus app recommended to keep your phone in best performance.

Games like Temple Run plays fantastic.

3G internet speed is better compared to Galaxy Y Duos.

I have the Facebook, Whatsapp, Wheather update, Gmail, Yahoo mail, Google map location service, Ebay, NDTV News, Dinakaran News (you can set up how often you want these apps to self refresh or update to manage the speed). No lagging or what so ever & The phone works BRILLIANT & I LOVE IT!

• 2012-09-29 01:02
  • MFJZ

> In reply to Nogood @ 2012-09-27 18:52 from n%ii - click to readIts very easy to switch between sims but different to the Samsung Galaxy Y Duos. It has options in Sim settings that everytime you make a call or send a text message, it asks you from which number you want to make that call or sms.

This has made my life easier because I accidently have made calls from wrong sim few times from Galaxy Y duos.

• 2012-09-29 00:37
  • MFJZ
Total of 130 user reviews and opinions for Acer Liquid Gallant Duo.