Acer Liquid Gallant Duo - user opinions and reviews

Acer

6.4
6.2
6.4

> In reply to Nogood @ 2012-09-27 18:52 from n%ii - click to readI Have The Phone ... It's Perfect

No Need To Change The SIM Cards ... There's An Option To Ask You Every Time U Make A Call Or Send A Message ... The Phone Asks You Which Line You Wanna Use ? .. And You Choose ... Just This Easiness

• 2012-09-28 19:37
  • fqYc

How do you switch sim cards? Is there an easy option in the notification menu like in the samsung galaxy y duo?

• 2012-09-27 18:52
  • n%ii

> In reply to Manny @ 2012-09-20 22:01 from 9EaQ - click to readof course I read....but if I have a Gallant and a 64gb micro sd card....why don't try? ;)

• 2012-09-27 13:24
  • 30{e

> In reply to styvx @ 2012-09-20 13:07 from 30{e - click to readIt is designed to take upto 32GB micro sd card.

• 2012-09-20 22:01
  • 9EaQ

> In reply to Mark @ 2012-09-20 00:23 from mybv - click to readI tried the Google Navigation today, it took a while to receive GPS signal. I kept driving with it in my car as I know where Im going. It picked up after a while & did work fine without any problem. Not very helpful when you really need it or depend on it to find your way....

My battery drained within a day, but to be fair its my first day with this phone & I was constantly on it trying out everything. So far I love the screen & the speed of the phone. Dual sim works perfect!

• 2012-09-20 22:00
  • 9EaQ

> In reply to Mark @ 2012-09-20 00:23 from mybv - click to readThe problem is MTK platform with GPS receiver. Find the fix this issue in the internet.

• 2012-09-20 18:26
  • 0mXg

Hello, anybody tried a 64gb micro sd card on it? ;)

• 2012-09-20 13:07
  • 30{e

For the price this phone is absolutely excellent and I doubt you will get any better.

The screen is really, really good and everything works as it should. The only negative for me is the gps reception - its totally abysmal in fact I have never got a signal at all. Anyone else have this problem?

• 2012-09-20 00:23
  • mybv

The Good :-
Great screen - large good colours
Good build - seems sturdy, nice plastic back.
Android ICS runs well.
Recognised both SIMs (Britain & Germany) - connected to respective networks.
WiFi - reasonable but needs a good signal.
Samsung-like experience in setup and ability to swype
The bad:-
Photos with flash overexposed.
GPS - useless. Got signal once in 4hrs (UK) and never in 3hrs(Germany).
Battery life - not good. I can get 1 day per charge (just some emails, a little browsing, maybe 5-10 calls and 5-10 texts maximum!).
The ugly:-
Wish I'd bought something else...

• 2012-09-19 17:18
  • sk}U

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-09-16 17:26 from C4ik - click to readNo, It doesn't polish language. It has english, german, french, rusian, italian, thai, holand, bahasa indonesia, indian and chinese.

• 2012-09-19 10:52
  • 0mXg

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-09-16 17:26 from C4ik - click to readJust email Expansys customer Care with any questions, they will answer your queries as they are selling this phone to all Europe. first@expansys.com is their email id.

• 2012-09-16 19:08
  • 9EaQ

> In reply to Pigwin Tech @ 2012-09-15 09:37 from mxT7 - click to readIf this phone has the Polish language?

• 2012-09-16 17:26
  • C4ik

I have just ordered this phone White version on Expansys. Can't wait to get my hands on it. Will post my views on it soon. Im currently using Samsumng Galaxy Y Duos.

• 2012-09-16 15:15

I think i will wait for the Xtreamer Mobile !!! it sounds interesting

• 2012-09-15 18:42
  • 3rTk

I Have had this phone since Thursday 30Th August 2012 and so far I am pleased with the phones as for the price bracket the phone works very well holding up to my games testing and web testing including flash WiFi and 3G are very fast and you get very clear calls through it also screen is good better than my brothers Samsung galaxy ace, also the android ICS is a very nice operating system and runs beautifully on this device. My over all verdict is this phone is very good except from not having a front facing camera.

• 2012-09-15 09:37
  • mxT7

This phone exceeded my expectations having just upgraded from the Acer Liquid MT. The screen is vastly improved and on a par with HTC One X and Galaxy S III not just because of its large size ... but because of its clarity....ideal for BBC iPlayer and YouTube videos. Also the on screen keyboard is consequently larger and the Swype text when you glide from letter to letter instead of punching out words letter by letter works well. The speaker quality is excellent and the camera is vastly improved with lots of settings e.g. fireworks for bonfire night ! The colours are more true. Battery life I thought may suffer ... due to the large screen ...but I would say this is also superior to the Liquid M T. Easily copes on one charge a day with heavy use. The dual SIM capability is easy to manage and is ideal for foreign Sims or if there is no signal on one network, just switch to the other sim and usually you will be amazed you can still make the call ! Why does reception vary so much between network provides ? Finally the phone is lovely to hold because it is thin and has a flat back... a bit like a small tablet and the soft rubber bit between the screen and casing makes it so easy to grip. Build quality is not as solid as Liquid MT but the on off button next to the camera flash is genius. Highly recommended if you want a large screen android phone.

• 2012-09-15 09:35
  • mxT7

> In reply to u-r-a @ 2012-09-12 09:21 from Lg4y - click to readI assume it is dual "standby" only, I never heard about "dual active" phone wit MTK6575

• 2012-09-12 13:54
  • MS9U

Is this Phone dual active? like samsung galaxy s duos.

• 2012-09-12 09:21
  • Lg4y

is this dual active or dual standby?

• 2012-09-09 17:54
  • PMs3

May be that there is no front camera but the price is unbeatable considering its performences, even by Samsungs.

• 2012-09-07 23:20
  • pnRx
Total of 130 user reviews and opinions for Acer Liquid Gallant Duo.