16 days after I bought this phone, it turned off, sent it In and paid $10 for shipping. Waited a month and a half to get the same phone. A month later it turned off again. No picture at al. Paid $12 bucks for shipping this time. Waited another month and got a new one"supposingly" not even a week later this phone turns off at work after an 8 hour shift never did the other do that so when I got off work I charged it up to 75% charged set the alarm took it to bed with me at midnight, woke up at 7:00am with the vibration of the phone turning off and when I went to grab it, it burned my hand. It was extremely hot. I am so ready to tell these people off but where will it get me. Extremely disappointed!!!
Anonymous, 22 Jul 2014Love???Seriously??You probably got lucky. I hate this phone so much that I wouldn't even make ... moremy 2nd alcatel..and when i txt phone shuts down..cust serv..wont give new model..tld me metro would thats a lie..phne sux even web cant type.turn phne off bogs typng..now i cant watch vid an dwnld sux dnt wrk.
Anonymous, 28 Jul 2014For those not convinced of why this phone SUCKS here you go:
no 3G only 4G or 2G
sponsored b... more@anonymous
You may want to research a little the talking points you have been given to discredit this phone.
1. I don't know about 3G (and I don't care).
2. So you are attacking T-Mobile as well as Alcatel! Hmmm....
3. Fierce DOES have an average quality flash. As for the pictures quality, phones are NOT cameras. They are intended for casual capturing of instant moments which would otherwise be lost, when a camera is not available. The picture quality varies from one model to another, but CHECK THE PRICE!
4. As I mentioned, I've downloaded and installed 80 apps on this phone. I still have over 750 MB storage space and 200-250 MB RAM available. This is more than enough, even for an apps junkie like me. For those who use the phone to take and store thousands of pictures nobody ever looks at, I have news for you! There is a slot on the phone for a micro HDSC card(up to 32 GB in size).
5. The phone has built-in wifi calling (it's one of the reasons I've purchased it), but the app is very poor. Using Google Voice instead, solves the problem 100%.
6. My phone was never laggy and never froze. As I mentioned, the lemon percentage for the Fierce is probably higher than that of the brand names. It is something a reasoning person can live with when he/she pays for the Fierce less than 20% of what's paid for a high end brand name.
7. On all the Android phones I ever had I've installed the Multiling keyboard, because I need the diacritics when typing in other languages. On this phone, it works as well as on any previous phone, with none of the symptoms you mention.
8. I don't know what you mean by ugly display. Personally, I think the phone looks cool. As for display quality, it is not a Retina, but CHECK THE PRICE!!!
9. The battery on my phone lasts about 12 hours. It is the same or better than any phone I ever had.
10. I have Office Suite 7. It can open AND save in PDF format. I also have Moon+ Reader which can open many eBook formats, epub, mobi and pdf included. The PDF Utility Lite can split, join and extract images from PDF files up to 1.5 MB in size. The CamScanner can save pictures from camera or storage in PDF format.
It is obvious you NEVER used this phone.
11. This is at least the third time you mention some criminal history Alcatel has. Although an important player on the European and Asian markets, Alcatel is a new comer in the US. Therefore, while most Americans never heard of Alcatel, you keep mentioning this corporation criminal history, while not knowing Fierce works fine with PDF files. Again, obviously, you use talking points GIVEN to you.
Anonymous, 28 Jul 2014what is wrong with this phone???did you seriously ask that question? i'll tell you what's wron... moreActually, the phone is made by tct mobile of hong kong. Alcatel lucent sold their stake in the company a few years ago.
Anonymous, 28 Jul 2014By the way I AM NOT a rival manufacturer. I'm just a pissed off customer who was fooled by thi... more@Anonymous
I've read a lot of messages with your exact style. You seem to be a fixture on this board.
The Samsung Galaxy S5, which is really a great phone, sells in average at $575. That is almost six times the price I paid for the Fierce. This is VERY important for people who reason when they buy something. As opposed to those who spend money to show off their belongings.
The percentage of lemons among the Alcatel Fierce is probably much higher than among the high end Samsung, Apple, Nokia or Sony phones, but you can buy the Alcatel several times and you still don't pay the same as you pay for the brand names.
Apple makes the best hardware, but they charge five-six times what it costs them to manufacturer a device. That's why Samsung was able to snatch most of the market share from Apple (they sold items almost as good at more reasonable prices). Alcatel brought to the market this phone which by any stretch of imagination is not six times worse than a high end brand name. It performs actually extremely well and that scares the hell out of the other players.
As I said, since your comments show up many times on this board and you sign as anonymous, I suspect you may be just doing your job when you vehemently criticize this phone. If somehow this is not the case, I really feel sorry for you!
For those not convinced of why this phone SUCKS here you go:
no 3G only 4G or 2G
sponsored by two bad carriers T Mobile and Family Mobile
camera that can't take clear pics and no flash
only 4 gb storage
can't perform wifi calling
keyboard too touch sensitive
terrible battery life
can't read PDF files
made by a company with criminal records
All those optimists UNDERSTAND NOW???
By the way I AM NOT a rival manufacturer. I'm just a pissed off customer who was fooled by this piece of crap's cheap price.
simple0, 28 Jul 2014I'm a Windows Phone user, but I needed an Android to run some business apps not available for ... moreFor ANY DAMN PRICE EVEN FREE this phone is NOT amazing. Really???You SERIOUSLY said that the Samsung GALAXY S5 is not much better than this stupid phone???WHAT is WRONG with you? Are you on drugs? Samsung is a company with a great reputation while Alcatel has a history of crime. The positive reviews are probably from T Mobile or Alcatel workers who are trying to promote their garbage.
I'm a Windows Phone user, but I needed an Android to run some business apps not available for WP. I've bought the Alcatel Fierce from ebay, new and sealed for $97 with free shipping.
I'm really furious after reading so many negative reviews about Fierce, without any reasonable explanation of why.
For this price, this phone is AMAZINGLY good! Under the ALL tab of Applications Manager, I have 240 apps, 80 downloaded and installed by me. Available RAM is 200-250 MB. I had the phone for about six weeks and it never froze and never lagged.
I have Comcast app TV Go and Limo TV. The phone plays HD TV channels in full screen with no dropped frame and no artifacts! The quality of TV on this phone is incredible!
I don't play games on phones, but I've installed for testing Aircraft Combat. The game runs without dropping any frame, regardless of how many moving objects are on the screen or how fast you move through the scenery.
I'd say the voice quality is low end of average, but very loud, including on speaker.
The only really bad function of this phone is wifi calling. What I hear during a wifi call and what I'm told it's heard on the other end is VERY bad! The wifi calling app installed on the phone is very poor. However, I'm using Google Voice to call through the Internet, and that works impeccably.
NetFlix, YouTube and any other video streaming service works as well as on my laptop (with an i7 quad core processor).
I very strongly suspect these so many negative comments about this phone are planted by rival phone manufacturers scared that a competing device can perform at such high quality at a really low price. I am IT and my daughter (Samsung Note 2) and her husband (Samsung Galaxy S5) give me their phones to configure and maintain. Except for the larger screens (which I hate), the better image quality and the wifi calling, there is nothing which works better on those very expensive phones.
I recommend this phone to anybody who wants to own a smartphone with all the bells and whistles expected, working VERY WELL and costing a LOT less than the ridiculous prices charged by the brand names.
Daniel G, 25 Jul 2014Not enough reviews are aimed at leaving a good review. This is going to be a good one. Ive had... moreThis phone doesn't deserve ANY good reviews. The people who made it need to find a different job. If you're not going to put your full effort into making or doing something, then do it. Same goes for Alcatel. I would love to see Alcatel withdrawing from the smartphone industry.
Iconoclastic, 26 Jul 2014This is my first month with this phone and I'm surprised: Not problem at all! If you're expe... moreIf you need to deactivate apps, that just means this phone isn't fit for its job. The sooner the world gets rid of Alcatel, the better the planet would be. Alcatel, I hate you so much I really do.
etech02, 25 Jul 2014I really don't know what all the fuss about this phone is??...I have 2 of them one for me and ... morewhat is wrong with this phone???did you seriously ask that question? i'll tell you what's wrong. it's a poorly designed phone with many technical flaws built by a lousy company with criminal charges!!!doesn't that say enough already???
I've had this phone since Christmas 2013, and it has been a pain. First, the video camera wont work indoors--the video is black. Second, I've had an issue where it wouldn't charge for several days, then suddenly, it did. Third, I've had a problem where the screen wouldn't light up after I finished a call--had to remove the SIMM card.
To sum it up, my phone has had issues that I consider unforgivable. I wish I had a Samsung or something else, but I'm stuck with this dog.
I was wondering how I can use both my Bluetooth and my navigation system at the same time or at least each of them working in tandem. When the blue tooth is activated the navigation stops giving verbal driving instructions. Anyone else notice this.
This is my first month with this phone and I'm surprised: Not problem at all!
If you're experiencing 'laggy' issues, I'd suggest you to deactivate some applications and other stuff for sure you won't need, like the live wallpaper, Street view, etc. You can also disable 'MAPS', and enable it just when you need to set up the GPS, the point is you should figure out how to handle he low memory and capacity. To be a very 'limited' phone on paper, I find it very useful, fluid and responsive...
Not enough reviews are aimed at leaving a good review. This is going to be a good one. Ive had the Alcatel One Touch Fierce for a few weeks now and it has survived me better than phones at twice the price. For the money this is worth it. I encourage anyone on a budget like myself to give this phone a try.
I really don't know what all the fuss about this phone is??...I have 2 of them one for me and one for my wife, we have had them now almost 1 year and "STILL NO PROBLEMS" with them. Texting..no problems Internet...no problems...Calling or receiving calls...no problems...picture taking and sending pictures from either phone...no problems...So my question to all of you is...What the heck is wrong??...My phones are great, and I will not change them for no mans money.
Ivypurples, 16 Jul 2014I need to know this too. And I can't figure out how to replace a changed contact number, just ... moreClick on the contact name so just the one contact is displayed. Then at the top to the right of the star, click the menu(3 dots). You will have the option to edit or delete the contact.