Alcatel Idol X - user opinions and reviews

Alcatel

8.1
7.9
7.9

> In reply to Aamir88694 @ 2015-06-26 06:00 from GQYy - click to readYou don't!!!

• 2015-06-30 10:10
  • p{hA

Hi! Good day I just bought my alcatel 6040E and after one week the mouth piece is not working so I have to go to the service center so they fixed, it then I was trying to connect to the internet using wifi it doesn't work anymore. What should I do I hope you could help me. Thank you.

• 2015-06-29 02:30
  • t7Xx

How Do I Update My Alcatel One Touch Ideol X 6040D To Lollipop Pls Tell Me

• 2015-06-26 06:00
  • GQYy

> In reply to a10739 @ 2015-06-04 10:37 from fkkx - click to readMy is 4.2 :( i also want to update it to Lollipop

• 2015-06-26 06:00
  • GQYy

Hi, I currently bought a used Idol X and I'm experiencing problems with the USB connection to my PC- it connects, but I can't send any files to the phone (I get an error message that the phone was disconnected or does not respond). Does anyone know, what could be the problem? Is it some software issue or should I send it to a service (it's still in warranty)?

• 2015-06-23 18:13
  • JyDI

I have version with 8gb internal memory and total space for applications is 5.5gb.

• 2015-06-12 14:37
  • JK$S

How many memory in this phone for apps installation? Plz tell someone.

• 2015-06-09 06:01
  • Xu4Y

why no updates for idol x iam 4.4.2 never change ?

• 2015-06-04 10:37
  • fkkx

Alcatel Customer Service

9:36 AM (10 minutes ago)

to me
--please do not reply below this line--

Dear Mooaz,
You might receive this reply late due to recent system upgrade. We sincerely apologize for bring you inconveniences. Thank you for your understanding.
For your question,
Sorry we have no plan to upgrade idol x to higher android 4.4 version at present.

Again thank you and have a wonderful day.
Should you have another request, do not hesitate to contact us.
Thank you for choosing Alcatel!

www.alcatelonetouch.com
Date:Tuesday, February 10 2015 4:37am

--------Original Message---------
Message:
The following information was collected
Name:
Mooaz

E-Mail:
moo********@
Subject:
bad support

Message:
i need to know
when i can upgrade my idol x to kitkat?

Country: Egypt

Product Name: IDOL X

Support Language:
English

• 2015-06-01 09:51
  • Nkws

well im from bangladeah and i have this phone.The display is way better than other phone's display.The qued core 1.5 ghz processor is good and helps to play games smoother.camera interface is awasome.but the problem is its a little bit of slower as it looks.No kitkat updates and its a colour os based phone.The phone get hot every time after playing games or useing the phone.Other wise its looks great in hand.

• 2015-05-29 20:43
  • X}e3

why idol x plus doesn't support red eye correction in its camera?

• 2015-05-29 14:27
  • Nku5

Better have an amazing 320ppi than an average 440ppi.
I had an htc desire HD, an Acatel Idol X and an LG G2.
LG and HTC are great phones but HTC even so quite old now is still a great phone. The build quality is amazing the screen is amazing ... I would highly recommend to buy htc. They know how to make phones. LG is great value for money. They do everything well but nothing amazing. Alcatel can't be compared to these brands especially when you install kitkat upgrade and it destroys your chinese motherboard. Pass your way. You won't regret. Buy a one year old LG instead you won't be disappointed. HTC always keep a high price tag but for good reasons.

• 2015-05-24 06:30
  • TCw3

> In reply to Harry @ 2015-05-19 18:17 from TCw3 - click to readIdol X screen is awesome! Althouth battery could last longer

• 2015-05-19 19:43
  • JKP5

Better have an amazing 320ppi than an average 440ppi.
I had an htc desire HD, an Acatel Idol X and an LG G2.

• 2015-05-19 18:17
  • TCw3

hellow guys I am from bangladesh, I wanted to buy this alcatel one touch idol X which is 14990/= BDT (nearly 180$). so I wanted to know about the camera+battery backup and display quality and build quality of this phone... Jelly bean/kitkat isn't a major concern for me cause I allready own 2 lollipop device one hTC and another nexus 7. so I wanted to buy this device as my secondary phone but I am so much concern about build quality and battery backup.plz lettme know about the device's battery backup with data/wifi/gps on (as I don't turn it off in any of my device) will it be a value for money? I am really scared of it's 2000 mAH battery but fell in love with it's 441 ppi display where my 29600 BDT htc 816 has 320 ppi only

• 2015-05-16 18:31
  • X}xi

I have the idol x 6040A and I haven't had a single issue with it. Battery life huge, crisp display, phenomenal speed etc. Still using it and it out performs every single phone I've put it up against in terms of offline software processing.

I will say that the Alcatel software itself sucks so i recommend installing a third party launcher for better performance. Try Go Launcher for increased speed and crazy customization.

Haters gone hate!!

• 2015-05-04 22:43
  • 45Wd

> In reply to dexter1882 @ 2015-03-06 07:40 from IVIZ - click to read Same problem I face it. My data all can't missing.

• 2015-04-24 18:56
  • uCmD

My phone wont turn on. I plugged it into the computer and the computer just said alcatel single RNDIS interface #3, not alcatel one touch idol x 6040D like it did before all this happened. I unplugged the battery overnight but that didn't work either. I don't know what to do. Anybody can solve this probem?

• 2015-04-21 18:37
  • Rxbv

I want to update OT-6040D to os 4.4.x or 5.0

• 2015-04-20 15:20
  • fD7N

> In reply to dexter1882 @ 2015-03-06 07:40 from IVIZ - click to readHi Dexter1882,
I had exactly the same problem with my alcatel idolX. Worked perfectly well until I decide to do the upgrade to 4.4.2 which actullay never worked and left the phone totally hectic and in android 4.3 version. Anyway.
I wanted to know what the repair center told you and how much it has cost you. My phone is obviously out of warrantee as I bought it in December 2013 and it just crash yesterday.
Also I was thinking to find a class action as many people seeem to have the same problem.
Thanks for any little feedback you could give.

• 2015-04-05 18:22
  • TRRg
Total of 1197 user reviews and opinions for Alcatel Idol X.