Alcatel Idol X - user opinions and reviews

Alcatel

8.3
8.0
8.0

> In reply to Omer @ 2014-09-09 21:24 from nYFM - click to readOops, I meant to write: AT least.

• 2014-09-09 22:01
  • nYFM

> In reply to Josh S @ 2014-09-09 17:33 from 6DaA - click to readYeah, I too don't think 4.4 is out yet -add least no official release.

• 2014-09-09 21:24
  • nYFM

> In reply to Omer @ 2014-09-09 10:20 from S1@h - click to readHi Omer, good question. I never did figure out what that was about. Either he managed to get a Kitkat beta, or he was confused. Maybe he had 4.2.2 and thought it was 4.4.2. I'm definitely still on Jellybean.

• 2014-09-09 17:33
  • 6DaA

> In reply to Josh S @ 2014-09-08 17:30 from 6DaA - click to readJosh, didn't one of your fellow-Canadians claim he got 4.4? How did that story end? Was that true or not? I think I read on (I believe) 4pda.ru that there is a 4.4 beta going around of which some folks at Alcatel even don't know it exists (At least that's what I gathered through the auto-Google-translate option).

• 2014-09-09 10:20
  • S1@h

> In reply to KA @ 2014-09-07 19:46 from fkUT - click to readHi KA,
The most current version is still 4.2.2. I did receive an update a couple of weeks ago, but it still stayed at 4.2.2. The phone will notify you when firmware updates become available. You can also check for updates in settings, "about phone."

• 2014-09-08 17:30
  • 6DaA

> In reply to zabe @ 2014-09-02 19:16 from LKqP - click to readHi Zabe,
if you're looking for a value for money device, but don't mind some cheap material or a little lag here and there .. then you should consider this phone ..
but if you have a bit luxury of money, I would strongly recommend you go for Nexus 5 (DONT BUY ANY PHONES FROM OEMs, EVER .. they almost always do hang after a little while) ..

if you can wait a little bit longer, around 2-3 months .. you can see by end of year there will be a bunch of new phones, like Nexus 6 for example ..
if you must buy now, and from the set you have selected, then definitely i'll go with HTC One M7 .. and most certainly NOT SAMSUNG ..

note: I am not saying this is a bad phone, I am saying that the best android phones are always the nexus line ..

• 2014-09-07 20:22
  • fkUT

Can someone tell me what's the latest software version of this device is?
Mine is on 4.2.2 (JellyBean) since i bought it, like a month ago .. so are there any updates available since then?
If yes, can anyone guide me how to get them ?

• 2014-09-07 19:46
  • fkUT

I used this phone since march 2014. I have a problem with my idol x. Bottom side of touchscreen not function. Is it hardware problem? What should I do?

• 2014-09-06 19:28
  • PTGs

Does anyone know what it is, after update after a few days will be full of very poorly, it charges but it takes 30min to 1%, try the Drude chargers and the same. The same thing happens when you turn off the light for notifications is steady. And when you turn it on it says system Ul stops. Thanks to the kennel ..

• 2014-09-06 03:42
  • 3Lg$

This is a nice handset to use. I purchased it week back. However I am having issues with respect to use of mailing applicaton "Good". Can Alcatel technical team help me with this. It pretty often displays the message is "Unfortunately, Good has stopped". I purchased this phone for business use, however with Good not functioning it is really a tough time. Is this a OS issue or manufacturing defect.

• 2014-09-04 06:49
  • bEMP

A lot value for money. And much better than any samsung with the same specs. Alcatel makes some nice phones.

• 2014-09-04 00:42
  • 0wxc

> In reply to Animesh @ 2014-09-01 21:14 from Mfxi - click to readDude chill out, it's just a phone. Others may have different experiences than you. It doesn't mean they're wrong.

• 2014-09-03 04:18
  • MiP5

> In reply to zabe @ 2014-09-02 19:16 from LKqP - click to readI recommend it, very happy with my idol x. No major problems after 7 months of use.

• 2014-09-03 04:16
  • MiP5

so , i am planning to buy a phone soon , my options are : HTC one m7 , s4 and the alcatel x , why i should not go alcatel x , since i have read all the specs and it seem pretty useful for the price.

• 2014-09-02 19:16
  • LKqP

> In reply to sivakumar @ 2014-08-21 10:55 from tUaC - click to readBull shit...!!!
M using the phone, and there is not such heating problem as u r explaining.

• 2014-09-01 21:14
  • Mfxi

> In reply to Kevin @ 2014-08-20 03:49 from UD{8 - click to readIn daylight it gives good results.
But at the night time, it struggles a bit.

• 2014-09-01 21:10
  • Mfxi

> In reply to stellarness @ 2014-08-26 21:47 from QD0i - click to readKeep ur phone plugged for quite sometym, say 30-40 mins and then try turning on.
I believe it should get turned on.

• 2014-09-01 21:05
  • Mfxi

my phone is stuck in boot and wont go to recovery mood is there anyone who knows how to solve this ?

• 2014-09-01 20:14
  • fkT5

Was really satisfied but after 1002 everything went bad about battery...it drains out trough the night when i left it on 30%. What can i do?

• 2014-08-31 11:36
  • JFk4

hi
have this phone been updated to kitkat???

• 2014-08-30 14:49
  • B{5x
Total of 1001 user reviews and opinions for Alcatel Idol X.