Alcatel Idol X - user opinions and reviews

Alcatel

8.2
8.0
8.0

> In reply to freeman @ 2014-10-13 22:37 from puyg - click to readi dont know about the idol x2 but there is idol X+

• 2014-10-14 22:35
  • nTSc

> In reply to bryanjay420 @ 2014-10-12 19:03 from nTS4 - click to readDo you know about Idol 2, does it have same components as TLC brand?

• 2014-10-13 22:37
  • puyg

> In reply to Bugoy @ 2014-09-17 14:16 from P%uR - click to readif you have knowledge in flashing you can upgrade to 4.4.2 kitkat version for TCL (same specs of alcatel idol x) you can go to this site http://forum.xda-developers.co...rom-t2904511 :)

• 2014-10-13 21:36
  • nTSw

you can update your idol x through flashing to get 4.4.2 version of kitkat BUT this rom is not for alcatel but for TCL brand. same hardware, same features, but different brand. i installed it on idol x. the rom was good. but i cant install root to it and cant install google apps. still testing it though. the rom is stable and good for daily use.

• 2014-10-12 19:03
  • nTS4

> In reply to SR @ 2014-10-06 17:09 from JG0k - click to readi upgraded mine to 4.4.2 beta

• 2014-10-12 09:22
  • PFNS

I wrote an e-mail to them and they give me the same answer that you can read below this comm the near future they planning to 4.3 to phone and they are not planning 4.4.

They tell me the meaning of the "near future" is: this year so...be patient and lookin' for update!

• 2014-10-06 17:09
  • JG0k

I have a problem with some app it doesn't work now but about 10 days it was working perfectly. The app like.
Cpu_z and nogoum fm and led flash light.
I rest my. Idol x but it still the same problem.

• 2014-10-05 20:52
  • 9xHH

phone looks slim and nice.. why its not available in US?

• 2014-10-05 05:08
  • qB3D

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-09-30 20:03 from d%}q - click to readNo not yet. I have heard rumours they are beta testing it though.

• 2014-10-01 15:07
  • 6DaA

Does this phone have a update for Android 4.4.x?

• 2014-09-30 20:03
  • d%}q

screenfroze
touch screen froze
i cant turn on

• 2014-09-29 19:00
  • 3WPe

I bought an alcatel idol x , and i dropped it. After a day it wont open. I have to go back to canada because i bought it there so i can use the waaranty. Its so sad bcs its just 2 weeks when i bought it.

• 2014-09-27 16:38
  • th2E
  • F

Sound only works with headphones on my alcatel one touch idol x the ringtone wont even work. How do i fix this please

• 2014-09-27 03:04
  • jE2h

Does any one else have problem with the volume? If I don't want the volume to be loud I have to wear headphones. It goes from being loud with one click more being silent.

• 2014-09-24 16:56
  • D9fS

> In reply to hypher blue @ 2014-09-19 14:14 from 3CbR - click to readSorry, can't remember the details. I googled all that stuff back then. There's tutorials on how to use flashtool.

• 2014-09-20 15:58
  • nYFM

> In reply to Omer @ 2014-03-30 22:17 from 3KaE - click to readThe same what will heppen to my idol 2 the boot logo is on and off, how can you manage that problem please help me

• 2014-09-19 14:14
  • 3CbR

> In reply to qu4k3r @ 2014-09-13 04:06 from 4rpX - click to readOne thing I noticed from the 03001 update is the top left corner of the phone does not get hot any more when watching a few hours of video or streaming from youtube.

• 2014-09-18 21:35
  • NCvV

> In reply to superstream @ 2014-09-10 01:18 from BNyJ - click to readI also have the same problem. Sometimes it is very frequent, then it does not come up for weeks. Anyway, it's unacceptable. I even sent the phone back to the service and they replied that it has no problems and works fine. It is nice to hear that letting the battery to become empty helps for you. However it would be great if we could reproduce the problem to show to the service. If anyone finds out how to do it, please let me know!

• 2014-09-18 11:58
  • Ede$

> In reply to hamaki @ 2014-09-16 21:40 from rk6Z - click to readNo you do not need a screen protector. The Dragontrail glass with oleophobic coating is very good. I carry it in my jeans pocket every day and there's never a scratch on it.

• 2014-09-17 18:42
  • NCvV

I'm from the Philippines, I have sent inquiry to Alcatel global site, asking them if there is a possibility of Kitkat upgrade, they replied it is still on going development, I think there is no hope of an upgrade due to its weak mediatek processor MTK6589!, please Alcatel make it happen, this is one of your flagship phone! And please fix some of the bugs on the phone like Battery drain percentage is unreliable, very slow display on inputing pattern/number password, dark pictures when press screen for camera to focus, make it a little bit faster not controlling the processor temperature limited only to 39 degree celcius thereby limiting clock speed, make it until 45 or 50 for which the processor can still perform well! Or if this unit cannot be ugraded, give us option for those still on warranty to swap it to your new model idol x+, adding only a few bucks, paying and picking it up to your official service centers here in the Philippines!

• 2014-09-17 14:16
  • P%uR
Total of 1035 user reviews and opinions for Alcatel Idol X.