Alcatel Idol X - user opinions and reviews

Alcatel

8.2
8.0
8.0

> In reply to Mohamed Hassanen @ 2014-04-04 16:48 from fkIi - click to readI have idol x its good but return button not response well all time.. But every thing else are good cam ram cpu

• 2014-04-04 19:40
  • fqc2

i`ll buy idol x or galaxy grand 2 from egypt after 2 or 3 days can any one tell me what is the best one of them please .
thanx .

• 2014-04-04 16:48
  • fkIi

iam will buy idol x or galaxy grand 2 please can any one tell me what is the best one off them please .
thanx..

• 2014-04-04 16:42
  • fkIi

> In reply to Portulaco @ 2014-03-24 17:11 from mNZk - click to readHi mNZk,
I'm afraid You have no idea what phone model this thread is about.

"...in my opinion the greatest fail is the camera. Absolutely terrible! Didn't expect such from a 5mp device."
That's not about Idol X.

"service asked for the price of repair. Surprise! More than 100 (500PLN)"
Why are You surprised about that, how much is the price of Idol X dual in Poland?

"...Maybe in France, where this mobile comes from... "
Wrong again, both the company and your phone comes from China.

"Will be looking for a more popular mobile phone company with more friendly cost for spare parts and repairs."

Good luck with that. :-)

• 2014-04-03 17:32
  • Ttey

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-04-01 04:48 from RJhh - click to readHi. I am a Malaysian. Yes, this phone is good and awesome. More importantly, it is cheaper compare to other high end device with the same specs..

• 2014-04-02 04:04
  • KZ88

people from malaysia is this phone GOOD or not ?
im worried im gonna get a broken product
mobo damage and such

• 2014-04-01 04:48
  • RJhh

> In reply to chedsabahmalaysia @ 2014-03-31 03:42 from KZ8D - click to readThanx. So initially, like me, you got offered 01001, even though 01001 was already on your phone? Doesn't make sense to me. Either they made the application such that it always downloads & installs the version that is on their server, regardless of whether or not it's the same version as on the phone, OR: not every '01001' is the same. Is that possible? I get the idea that might very well be the case: There's little things after the upgrade that made me go like: 'Hey, that looked a bit different before'. But I'm not sure 100%. Is it possible that not all '01001' are the same?

• 2014-03-31 23:13
  • 3KaE

> In reply to Omer @ 2014-03-30 22:17 from 3KaE - click to readHi Omer. I have the same issue you are facing now. Did the upgrade for several times but still with the same 01001 firmware. Only in January the firmware upgrade did happen and i am on 01002 firmware now. Meaning that your place still dont have the newer firmware. But doing the upgrade, It never stuck anywhere and the phone boot up normally..

• 2014-03-31 03:42
  • KZ8D

> In reply to Omer @ 2014-03-30 22:17 from 3KaE - click to readI haven't tried the upgrade software but I did try the other software (sync and backup etc). It also gave me an error at step 3 but didn't mess up the phone.

• 2014-03-31 02:07
  • cS8W

Fantastic phone for the price but a single core sgx544 vs full hd screen is gonna be a joke

• 2014-03-30 22:47
  • 6k9U

Question: How many of you have successfully used the Alcatel Mobile Upgrade software? I tried yesterday for the first time (to see if an upgrade was available), but got an error in step 3 of the process. Phone wouldn't boot anymore (it kept showing the One Touch Idol X boot logo on and off). I managed to fix my phone by first flashing a Russian rom I found on the internet with Flash Tool, to get a working phone again, and then re-running the Alcatel Mobile Upgrade software. This time, it was successful. However, the firmware is still 01001 :-)

• 2014-03-30 22:17
  • 3KaE

> In reply to Fergus @ 2014-03-30 13:51 from bJs6 - click to readI don't think you can.

• 2014-03-30 22:04
  • 3KaE

I'm using this phone, can anyone tell me how to record video with the auto focus locked?

• 2014-03-30 13:51
  • bJs6

> In reply to poni1678 @ 2014-03-30 01:15 from uCnW - click to readand what did you do??? did you call the maintenance centre?? and what did they do for you??

• 2014-03-30 05:34
  • fsgT

> In reply to mazmaz @ 2014-03-28 19:50 from fqYe - click to readsame problem i have with my handset?

• 2014-03-30 01:15
  • uCnW

the phone sometimes opens apps by itself without touching the screen and without being frozen ...called the maintenance centre and they told me that it's software issue and told me to bring them the phone to reinstall the software but I have no time to go there as It's far from my town ....tried the " mobile upgrade tool" found on alcatel website and it downloaded a big file " about one giga I think" and after installing this big file which I think is a firmware still the same problem happens ..the phone opens any active icon on the screen without touching it ...what should I do?? is this a hardware issue?? plz help

• 2014-03-28 19:50
  • fqYe

Hi may i know how put sd card..?

• 2014-03-27 03:09
  • Nk3p

> In reply to javanerprinz @ 2014-03-26 10:39 from vCqI - click to readHi. Both have wcdma/gsm functionality. But, you can only activate 1 line with wcdma(3g) at a time.. Bye..

• 2014-03-26 15:44
  • KZ8G

Another question: any one of you knows which slot in idol x dual SIM has WCDMA and GSM only? Does both the SIM slots support WCDMA and GSM? I did not find its further specification from manual book nor the box...

• 2014-03-26 10:39
  • vCqI

> In reply to Portulaco @ 2014-03-24 17:11 from mNZk - click to readPortulaco, I think smartphone repairs/spare parts are always expensive, no matter which brand.

• 2014-03-24 22:25
  • 3KaE
Total of 737 user reviews and opinions for Alcatel Idol X.