Alcatel Idol X - user opinions and reviews

Alcatel

8.1
7.9
7.9

> In reply to dexter1882 @ 2015-03-06 07:40 from IVIZ - click to readHi Dexter1882,
I had exactly the same problem with my alcatel idolX. Worked perfectly well until I decide to do the upgrade to 4.4.2 which actullay never worked and left the phone totally hectic and in android 4.3 version. Anyway.
I wanted to know what the repair center told you and how much it has cost you. My phone is obviously out of warrantee as I bought it in December 2013 and it just crash yesterday.
Also I was thinking to find a class action as many people seeem to have the same problem.
Thanks for any little feedback you could give.

• 2015-04-05 18:22
  • TRRg

wow am a fun of the alcatel one touch idol family, i am currently using the alcatel one touch 6037y nice phone, fast works like a bomb. wonder how the 6040d works....hhhmmmm.........nice guys nice work...

• 2015-03-23 20:16
  • rvxF

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2015-01-24 05:41 from m86k - click to readI can't take risk , its too dangerous , may lose the phone

• 2015-03-07 06:33
  • Nkp2

I'm from Egypt working on 4.2.2 build 01005
still waiting kitkat any news ?

• 2015-03-07 06:31
  • Nkp2

I have one Alacatel Idol X since 8 months, It was used by my dagther for personal use. It works fine two or three months, 4.2 Jelly Bean android. After that, begins to rise temperature, then camera autofous doesnt work anymore, sometimes it seems to be crazy with the display. Conclusion: it is a real shit, dont buy it.

• 2015-03-07 01:08
  • LIW}

Have been using the Idol X since Sep-2013 without major problems. After the 4.4 KitKat update in Nov-2014, the phone was getting a bit unpredictable, many times reboot without obvious reasons. In Feb-2015, finally the phone shutdown by itself and not able to reboot anymore. Sent the phone for service 2 weeks ago, seems to be motherboard failure. The Idol X is a very high specs phone at mid range price, but I am not sure about its reliability (after repaired)....

• 2015-03-06 07:40
  • IVIZ

My experience:
Specs: ok
Performance: ok
Hangs: yes
Software stability: shit

I bought this phone for my fiancee from 5 months, 2 weeks ago it stopped working and I returned it back to the service center to fix it, after fixing, it worked slower and finally stopped working again, so I returned it back again to the service center, 1 day later they called me and asked to replace it with any other Alcatel or Sony mobile and pay the money difference.

so my advice: DON'T BUY THIS SHIT

• 2015-03-06 03:54
  • Nkmu

No. Dont buy this phone. I bought it, my friend bought it, my neighbour, my uncle also bought it. We all have problems with it. Game performances are poor. Battery is poor. But screen and camera are AMAZING! That is the only thingh thats good about this phone. Design is also great.

• 2015-03-05 14:13
  • 0C$K

I am looking to buy one im geting it for a cheap price do you recomend it

• 2015-03-03 22:40
  • jdgw

using this ph for 6 months...replaced one instrument and new one also showing signs of trouble...and at last its completely dead now....donot buy alcatel at all guys...

• 2015-03-03 18:40
  • u7JQ

> In reply to hamaki @ 2014-12-22 13:04 from NksM - click to readI am from jordan.. And daaaam... Still waitttting... Kitkat. Any happy news???

• 2015-02-25 22:04
  • 3iSr

On my second one now. .....very crappy phone not pleased with this at all won't even turn on now.

• 2015-02-20 01:20
  • Q{P$

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2015-02-14 06:07 from uZ9K - click to readcalm yourself down with the typically french ....

• 2015-02-19 16:29
  • QGMH

Biggest piece of shit ever, refuses to connect to the internet. When I try to connect it, it shuts down and won't turn back on for about a year! Slow, Glitchy and i've oonly had it for 6 months..... Typical French

• 2015-02-14 06:07
  • uZ9K
  • F

> In reply to user @ 2015-02-09 15:22 from wHUZ - click to readplease do a factory reset after backing up the data the issue will be resolved. And before you check your sim cards are original micro sims not cut by local people

• 2015-02-10 20:42
  • gFy$

My phone network are intermittent after upgrade to 4.2.2..build number 01005. Any solution?

• 2015-02-09 15:22
  • wHUZ

I have Alcatel idol x but every browsing internet by Google often fail, sometimes not, and sometimes can turn up the request is not understood how solution ...please help me give me the answer...

• 2015-02-08 14:13
  • wrs4

> In reply to abadon @ 2014-12-04 09:17 from t7X2 - click to readWhen the brightness and time out are fixed, the battery saved mode is turned on, and won't allow you to adjust to save battery

• 2015-02-07 21:23
  • 7BP6

2 year since alcatel release this mobile and till now we didnt get kitkat .. wtf !!!
dont even think to buy this phone thats my advice

• 2015-02-02 05:50
  • fmnq

> In reply to Pierre @ 2014-12-16 13:32 from gLbT - click to readIdol X+ does not have an expansion card slot. For me this is important. My Idol X has a 32GB micro SD in it that can hold a lot of music and photos.

By the way, the Dragontrail glass with oleophobic coating is amazing! Very few fingerprints and marks. It is very easy to clean with a cloth - much better than other phones I had.

• 2015-01-29 21:35
  • NCvV
Total of 1198 user reviews and opinions for Alcatel Idol X.