Alcatel Idol X - user opinions and reviews

Alcatel

8.2
8.0
8.0

This phone software is walking dead, no more upgrades, i have recently emailed Alcatel for the third time and they keep saying, it would be upgraded to higher OS, until now more than a year since its release no upgrade to kitkat but to lollipop, its a joke!!! Don't buy any model of all the Alcatel phones as they are lyers! Not like Sony they are honest enough to tell that they could not support it anymore

• 2014-11-12 23:20
  • vxs{

Shouldn't SAR for head be lower than SAR for body?In the description is the opposite!

• 2014-11-12 14:17
  • stSI

V. Good phone ... High configuration with good price

• 2014-11-08 14:00
  • Nt2Y

> In reply to Nikola Tulimirovic @ 2014-11-05 15:01 from JF4j - click to readWhy would you want to switch a card off?

• 2014-11-06 19:53
  • nYFM

This phone does not have proper dual SIM switch widget (on/off), as well as many if not all dual SIM phones. This fact defeats the point of having two cards for the most of us. Therefore, if you want to turn one card on/off from time to time, I strongly suggest using Google Play app called Dual SIM Switch...

• 2014-11-05 15:01
  • JF4j

Hello
I have an idolx 6040(d) it make me difficult. I reconnect from again and agian with provider. I just cut the connection during the phone because it reconnect the provider. An today it said me there are some udates and I allowed the updates. Now it frozen. I can not restart or reboot. With aother phones it was possible to take out battery for a restart. here not. I see that it was a mistake to buy this phone...

• 2014-11-05 09:16
  • 00x}

> In reply to Hems @ 2014-11-01 08:53 from RBA$ - click to readYou're in the wrong place..This is idol x. But to answer your question: you can do all that with idol x, so also with idol x+.

• 2014-11-01 16:58
  • nYFM

Hi All, I was planning to buy a Alcatel Onetouch Idol X+. I wanted to know If I have value for money, can I use apps like Whatsapp, Facebook, Linked In etc. Please let me know if I can go ahead with this buy or do you'll suggest any other mobile with the above mentioned features and benefits including value for money!!!

• 2014-11-01 08:53
  • RBA$

It is so cooool...............

• 2014-10-31 17:10
  • rKMj

> In reply to P!ss3d off @ 2014-06-21 21:51 from sgms - click to readMy phone does the exact same thing can someone tell me why

• 2014-10-29 01:07
  • Yh@k

Hi,
I have a Alcatel Onetouch 6040A with current firmware version 4.2.2-02001.
My phone keeps telling me there is Update Info available, 03001_20140804_191816, 160MB??
For the past couple of weeks I've been attempting to download this update,,,, but the update keeps failing???
Has anyone else experienced this issue??
Does anyone know any fix to this?

PapaBB

• 2014-10-27 17:02
  • Rgyi

> In reply to ntdl @ 2014-10-20 06:03 from RILt - click to readYou probably have to replace the phone, it is defective.
I have Idol X for 6 months already, no single issue mentioned.
No overheating at all/ even when I use it as GPS in car for hours (hooked to car's power), it runs just slightly warm.
I optimized it with GS monitor app., used static wifi IP, it keeps power for more that 3 days a single charge with mediocre use. So it can't produce lot of heat at all.

• 2014-10-26 15:42
  • IDrg

> In reply to M Srag @ 2014-10-21 12:50 from fkb7 - click to readwell i know about that, n we will probably never get that L update cuz alcatel support sucks, but manufacturers actually can just skip one version n jump to another one!
i reply to you with "or maybe they looking for android L..." cuz u asking what does it mean by high OS, well L is high.

• 2014-10-25 23:15
  • 3nrR

There is an existing update to the Idol x + to kitkat 4.4.2 (India)
I have updated it, and it works perfectly fine. There are small issues mainly with the UI.
(1. The color of the network signal is always white irrespective of what you choose.
2. The camera widget does not work from the lock screen.)

There is another update... Currently it's in progress...

• 2014-10-25 14:28
  • uuC1

Alcatel onetouch idol X 6040D did not have bangla support.so plz tell me how can possibol support 'Bangla'.
Becous i need Bangla.

• 2014-10-23 19:22
  • Ja7v

> In reply to Prabha @ 2014-10-19 15:30 from pvTZ - click to readI search but no service center in jeddah I also buy my unit in Danube :)

• 2014-10-22 20:54
  • nTSk

> In reply to GROBARIZACIJA @ 2014-10-20 22:38 from 3nXK - click to readYou are dreaming dude ! , IDOL X+ at some regions didn`t get the kitkat yet ! and what was upgraded was to 4.4.2 not even 4.4.3 nor 4.4.4 ! so how could IDOL X would get Android L ! no way !

• 2014-10-21 12:50
  • fkb7

> In reply to bryanjay420 @ 2014-10-13 21:36 from nTSw - click to readactually, tcl n alcatel r the same brand, tlc version is for chinese market n dont have some features like google play store etc.

• 2014-10-20 22:43
  • 3nXK

> In reply to M Srag @ 2014-10-20 11:59 from fkb7 - click to reador maybe they looking for android L...

• 2014-10-20 22:38
  • 3nXK
Total of 1064 user reviews and opinions for Alcatel Idol X.