Alcatel Idol X - user opinions and reviews

Alcatel

8.2
8.0
8.0

> In reply to tm @ 2014-11-20 00:46 from IV8N - click to readWhen did you receive it?

• 2014-11-21 06:00
  • fvE4

> In reply to tm @ 2014-11-19 16:56 from ib4T - click to readHow did you download/update it? Thru OTA from the phone itself or using the Mobile Upgrade S for PC from Alcatel? Tnx

• 2014-11-21 02:45
  • t7Xk

> In reply to tm @ 2014-11-20 00:46 from IV8N - click to readTnx for info man. Still 1002 and 4.2.2 Hope, i will see kitkat, soon.

• 2014-11-20 13:42
  • S7xT

Guys I have idolx+ for last 6 months fone is excellent but problem in have is my touch has broken and when I took the fone to service centre they demand form rs.8500.00 to change the display, guys any one have any other alternative. Any were in the grey market I can get cheaper display supporting hand set.

• 2014-11-20 13:10
  • Hkta

> In reply to tm @ 2014-11-19 16:56 from ib4T - click to readupdate for build 01006 4.4.2

• 2014-11-20 00:46
  • IV8N

Received update for my idol x. Updated 2 times in one night. First built 01005 4.2.2 around 118mb then received another update built 01006 kitkat 425mb. Im from malaysia.

• 2014-11-19 16:56
  • ib4T

Touch is notworking

• 2014-11-18 08:30
  • uu3u

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-11-14 14:37 from m86k - click to readThen this company would not succeed because they don't listen to their customers! Telling the truth is not bad! You just have to tell what is going on, not an answer that is not measurable as simple as that. You have to tell that i have no resources to do it as simple as that! This Alcatel company is like a zombie, selling phones without support, no ears to customers, they just don't care! But in fairness to them, this is common practice of most business, they are not the only one!

• 2014-11-16 23:19
  • t7Xk

I will wait patiently for the next update ... But the sad part is that the hardware that we own has enough juice to suport the new Lolypop! The company is forceing you to buy newer devices to get newer software .... :(

• 2014-11-14 21:06
  • 9Eex

> In reply to Bugoy @ 2014-11-14 12:58 from XMV$ - click to readCompanies don't justify to customers. As simple as that. Especially if it's only a few thousands nerds talking on forums. Most of other customers don't even wait for an update or don't update their phone at all.

• 2014-11-14 14:37
  • m86k

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-11-13 12:57 from m86k - click to readIt might be true that is not entirely the fault of Alcatel, but they have to reply honest enough and tell the truth about it! Are they afraid of mediatek? Or they are partners! Telling the truth would be a disaster to them! Not like the Sony company that they don't give false hope, that is ethics! Even if they would loose the market!

• 2014-11-14 12:58
  • XMV$

> In reply to Bugoy @ 2014-11-12 23:20 from vxs{ - click to readDon't bother with Alcatel, it's not totally their fault. Older Mediatek cpus are poorly supported by Mediatek itself.

I know they are a few beta kitkat roms for Idol X but they are full of bugs, just be patient if you don't change your phone eventually. Anyway kitkat is overrated.

• 2014-11-13 12:57
  • m86k

This phone software is walking dead, no more upgrades, i have recently emailed Alcatel for the third time and they keep saying, it would be upgraded to higher OS, until now more than a year since its release no upgrade to kitkat but to lollipop, its a joke!!! Don't buy any model of all the Alcatel phones as they are lyers! Not like Sony they are honest enough to tell that they could not support it anymore

• 2014-11-12 23:20
  • vxs{

Shouldn't SAR for head be lower than SAR for body?In the description is the opposite!

• 2014-11-12 14:17
  • stSI

V. Good phone ... High configuration with good price

• 2014-11-08 14:00
  • Nt2Y

> In reply to Nikola Tulimirovic @ 2014-11-05 15:01 from JF4j - click to readWhy would you want to switch a card off?

• 2014-11-06 19:53
  • nYFM

This phone does not have proper dual SIM switch widget (on/off), as well as many if not all dual SIM phones. This fact defeats the point of having two cards for the most of us. Therefore, if you want to turn one card on/off from time to time, I strongly suggest using Google Play app called Dual SIM Switch...

• 2014-11-05 15:01
  • JF4j

Hello
I have an idolx 6040(d) it make me difficult. I reconnect from again and agian with provider. I just cut the connection during the phone because it reconnect the provider. An today it said me there are some udates and I allowed the updates. Now it frozen. I can not restart or reboot. With aother phones it was possible to take out battery for a restart. here not. I see that it was a mistake to buy this phone...

• 2014-11-05 09:16
  • 00x}

> In reply to Hems @ 2014-11-01 08:53 from RBA$ - click to readYou're in the wrong place..This is idol x. But to answer your question: you can do all that with idol x, so also with idol x+.

• 2014-11-01 16:58
  • nYFM

Hi All, I was planning to buy a Alcatel Onetouch Idol X+. I wanted to know If I have value for money, can I use apps like Whatsapp, Facebook, Linked In etc. Please let me know if I can go ahead with this buy or do you'll suggest any other mobile with the above mentioned features and benefits including value for money!!!

• 2014-11-01 08:53
  • RBA$
Total of 1096 user reviews and opinions for Alcatel Idol X.