Alcatel Idol X - user opinions and reviews

Alcatel

8.2
8.0
8.0

updated to 4.4.2 . New features:- camera support built in QR scanner, zoom function in picture gallery.. nicer and sharper icons, slide down menu include screenshot button. Does not speed up the phone or makes it snappier maybe even slowing it down a bit. Will use it a few days more . Battery life seems the same .

• 2014-11-28 04:00
  • IVLN

Will hearthstone be able to run on this phone ?

• 2014-11-27 15:02
  • mD32

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-11-26 21:19 from LGVA - click to readNo, it is not the firmware itself. It is software for your pc, with which you can check for firmware-updates, and install them. From the description the site: "ONETOUCH Upgrade is a tool that helps you update your Alcatel mobile phone software with your personal computer."

• 2014-11-27 12:09
  • nYFM

> In reply to mcDelta @ 2014-11-26 15:55 from tZ4t - click to readCharge your phone all night long and every night, and see if that helps.

• 2014-11-27 08:05
  • nYFM

Hello all, malaysia build 01006 kitkat 4.4.2 stable?

• 2014-11-27 02:50
  • IV8V

Hi, anyone could tell me if this cell has an update, because I have seen that page Alcatel a file called "mobile update 4.0.6," but I'm not if an updated version of "Kernel".

Thank you very much.

• 2014-11-26 21:19
  • LGVA

> In reply to rafiq @ 2014-11-26 09:21 from KZ85 - click to read01002, 01005, 01006: Hehheh, I'm still on 01001 :-)

• 2014-11-26 20:09
  • nYFM

I found out that my phone will automatically overheat while I'm opening data (without using it) recently and battery finish very soon as twice as it used to be.
Update the phone two days so and this morning I found out that my battery can goes up from 13% to 63% within 5 minutes and when I'm not charging it, the battery drop by 2% per 2 or 3 sec. Anyone can answer me what's the problem? Battery problem? One more thing to add on is I seldom charge the phone over night. Not more than 5 times.

• 2014-11-26 15:55
  • tZ4t

> In reply to big ace @ 2014-11-26 08:46 from RIG1 - click to readmine become like that as well, i sent to the technician and it says my firmware have crashed. it cost me rm 30 to fix it. haha. and then they said the kitkat is still not stable for idol x, it dosent support much

• 2014-11-26 14:38
  • vV5y

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-11-26 07:44 from IVRv - click to readyeah..its work..thank you very much!

• 2014-11-26 14:25
  • KZ8C

> In reply to big ace @ 2014-11-26 08:46 from RIG1 - click to readWhen restarting try push both volume up and down at the same time. You will boot to safe mode. Go to app in system setting try do the reset apps preference. Then reboot. Mine work like that.

• 2014-11-26 12:48
  • ib6q

Anyone who has upragde to 01006, can i know the performance? Right now i am still using 01005 and the performance is better then 01002. Hope that the 01006 is better than 01005. Thanks.

• 2014-11-26 09:21
  • KZ85

My idol x has been experiencing shutdown or restart to a point i am unable to use the phone. Not sure what is the problem.

It all started when my battery was running low while i was using Waze. then suddenly the phone shutdown. So i connected to my charger and tried to switch on.
I managed to switch on but it hangs at loading screen.

Hold the power button for hard reboot.
Waited for it to restart, then totally hang at the boot screen.

Gave up as i thought the phone is finally screwed.

Went back home and put it to a charger over night and slept.

Woke up in the morning and tried my luck to switch on the phone and to my surprise it works!!!!

Used it until my one point of time i forgotten to charge and my batter was almost gonna die.

The problem reoccured again.

Tried all possible manner to a point of total factory reset but to no avail. just stuck, hang at the initial boot screen.

Gave up on it and put to charger and went to bed.

and the next day, switched on to try my luck and IT WORKSS!!!!!

So i came to a conclusion it could be something to do with the batter? or the software? I dont know.

Is anyone experiencing such a problem? Is there any Alcatel Administrator here?

• 2014-11-26 08:46
  • RIG1

> In reply to user @ 2014-11-26 06:27 from IVxC - click to readTry turn-off the Power-Saving mode
then should be able to adjust bridgtness

• 2014-11-26 07:44
  • IVRv

> In reply to tm @ 2014-11-26 03:47 from IV$9 - click to readASUS ZoneFone does not offer ART on KK

• 2014-11-26 07:42
  • IVRv

After upgrade to 01006..i can't adjust the brightness...anyone have this issue?

• 2014-11-26 06:27
  • IVxC

I thought all kitkat came with option to change dalvik or art in developer menu. And our idol x (4.4.2) used dalvik initially and you have option to change it to art in developer menu.

• 2014-11-26 03:47
  • IV$9

OTA upgrade to official KitKat 4.4.2 on 20Nov2014 in Malaysia
Kernel : 3.4.67
Baseband : MOLY.WR8.W1248.MD.WG.MP.V43.P9
Build Number : 01006

I'm surprised it comes with ART runtime and I'm using it for few days already. Apps include all those common Telegram, WhatsApp, LINE, WeChat, Twitter, Skype, FB, YT, Chrome, K-9 mail, Waze ...

So far no hang/freeze, definitely much smoother and snappy with ART runtime.

Battery consumption didn't notice any major difference.

I'm happy with this dualsim phone, been using for almost a year now, am happy to see official KK release :)

If I must complaint, it's the small battery and too bright/saturate colour. But not a big deal to me.

I've use a lot of dualsim phone, I have to admit this is 1 of the best so far for me ;)

• 2014-11-25 14:38
  • RIIf

Not sure these thing new or not:
Camera-intergrated qr scan and 9 simultaneous filters.
Pull down notification-wifi hotspot, data usage and tvlink

• 2014-11-25 03:59
  • IV$9

> In reply to dexter1881 @ 2014-11-24 06:52 from TC}B - click to readPlease ,Can you put screen shots for the home screen , the pull down notification bar , camera menu user interface....etc.

• 2014-11-24 15:41
  • fkb7
Total of 1135 user reviews and opinions for Alcatel Idol X.