Alcatel Idol X - user opinions and reviews

Alcatel

8.3
8.0
8.0

> In reply to Jelena @ 2014-08-28 20:30 from JFkM - click to readMine too. Works slower and you get same version. Do not install

• 2014-08-29 13:54
  • S75a

How much time take after pushed install firmware? I wait more than 1 hour, stil waiting...phone wan't to turn on???

• 2014-08-29 13:35
  • 3nuZ

It took about 2-3 hours for the new update to download even though I have fast connection (10mbps) - maybe because their servers are overloaded and it took not more than 5-10 mins to install I think. It does look a bit better with this update. So far I've noticed that transitions are more smooth (when you shift between the screens and when it rotates), you can change between home screens, they also introduced that drag-app system or whatever the name is. And camera works a bit better as well (smoother). There are small changes made to notification bar (you can switch between 3 levels of brightness and auto-brightness without it popping it out for example).
The only problem I've encountered is the notification bar lag - it lags most of the time when you swipe it up or down except for when you use Facebook app and some other apps, couldn't remember which ones. The only logical reason I can think of is that maybe when you run those apps more cores are active and there is enough power for notification bar to be swiped smoothly.

• 2014-08-29 13:34
  • JKR8

> In reply to w17 @ 2014-08-28 16:44 from 3nqS - click to readyes,and it's telling me that i don't have space, I deleted some,and have ton of space,but stil wount download?

• 2014-08-29 11:34
  • LH6K

Did you install the update (Serbia) on Idol X? What are the changes? Any problems? Thanks!

• 2014-08-29 02:05
  • MfxH

I expected more than 4.2.2.....working slower.

• 2014-08-28 20:30
  • JFkM

Also updated to to 01002 (Serbia) it is much bether but battery still draining fast maybe a little faster with this update. :(

• 2014-08-28 18:03
  • 9CW7

New Firmware for Alcatel Idol X (NOT +)Serbia - 01002 - Size: 222.9 MB

• 2014-08-28 16:44
  • 3nqS

> In reply to mazmaz @ 2014-08-27 14:49 from g5pq - click to readMazmaz, he's saying idol x+ (dunno why he posts it here though.. idol x+ has its own page on gsmarena).

• 2014-08-27 21:43
  • nYFM

> In reply to Gauravs @ 2014-08-27 06:12 from vQ$J - click to readWhy yoh write this here? This is about IdolX... Not plus! Isnt ok man!

• 2014-08-27 19:55
  • 3WJH

This phone is junk. I have had to get replaced twice due to the battery dying and phone not turning back on. It is designed so you cannot open the phone and take out the battery. You would think in that case they would use a quality one but no they have a real crap battery in this thing they die all the time. DO NOT BUY or you will regret.

• 2014-08-27 16:19
  • q{Ra

Finally i managed to update alcatel touch one idol x + to 4.4.2 kitkat after 4 attempts. Couple of times it gave my "Data Error" . but finally at 5th attempt it get through...Changes have been done on Mail Client / Memory , Battery Mgmt / Dial Pad etc.
But finally happy to get 4.4.2 Kitkat on phone.

• 2014-08-27 06:12
  • vQ$J

hi, i got my idol x about two months ago and i love it! the only problem is that last night it ran out of battery life and died, and now it will not turn on, no matter what i do. i tried holding down the power button, holding down the power button and the volume up/down/middle, clicking on it, taking out the sim and sd cards, changing chargers, etc.... -the white notification light stays on if its plugged in but thats it. no noise, not even a glitch in the screen. whats worse is i bought mine slightly used from a bell store and i do not think its under warranty... PLEASE HELP! i CANNOT afford a new phone.

• 2014-08-26 21:47
  • QD0i

Is there any kitkat update available???

• 2014-08-26 14:12
  • g5pq

> In reply to Donald @ 2014-08-21 17:35 from 0wep - click to readFor these types of questions, I think you're better off at http://forum.xda-developers.co...hp?t=2451831

• 2014-08-23 10:46
  • nYFM

hello guys please help me I have TCL IDOL X S950 I have upgrade to 01014 firmware but I dont have play store and every app I install when I open said UNFURNATELY APP HAS STOPPED.what must do help me

• 2014-08-21 17:35
  • 0wep

> In reply to Kazi Duke @ 2014-08-20 16:42 from KAw} - click to readInstall ProCapture and set camera to 13.4mp,on default is like 9,something i think

• 2014-08-21 15:48
  • JF00

Dont go with Alcatel mobile, its totally waste to spend the money in this mobile, battery will drains very fast and heat problem also, i ordererd this mobile in flipkart, now they are saying the seller not return back the product, so dont go with this mobile.

• 2014-08-21 10:55
  • tUaC

People, what's better to buy ? Alcatel idol X 6040x or Samsung Galaxy S3 i9300 16GB ? I don't care about money, just I wanna know what to buy in advance. If someone know difference about that phones and can explain me difference, I will be happy. Thanks in advance and help me, please.

• 2014-08-20 18:34
  • 9Eey
Total of 999 user reviews and opinions for Alcatel Idol X.