Alcatel One Touch Idol - user opinions and reviews

Alcatel

8.2
7.9
8.0

This phone broke in my pocket, was not droped, was not abused. Brought it back to the store to show them the one crack in my screen "sorry can't help you". Woke up the next morning 5 addition cracks in the screen, are you kidding me. I refuse to buy another cell phone until they make a screen thats indestructible. This phone is junk.
Called there hot line to complain no answer.
So mad,
Hey alcatel one touch, last the last dollar you get from me

• 2014-09-18 04:56
  • j$QN

This phone is garbage. The people who did the programming and testing for this product are worthless and shouldn't be aloud to make anything ever again. Bugs bugs and more bugs, this thing is barely usable.

• 2014-09-16 13:06
  • Ibxm

> In reply to Pedja @ 2014-09-01 22:21 from snN} - click to readTry to format ur fone. Just like a brand new.

• 2014-09-09 07:57

• 2014-09-09 07:55
  • 7Xd$

> In reply to Irene @ 2014-09-07 04:28 from 7XY} - click to readUr fone is also single sim ryt? So ur ram is 1Gb, the 512ram is the 1st model.. Or maybe ur idol is the 1st model, mine is also single sim and the ram is 1Gb 6030x.. Maybe ur model is 6030a....

~yes, its ok to leave ur screen w/o d protector coz its Dragon trail.

• 2014-09-09 07:52
  • 7Xd$

I've been using this phone for more than a year now (Sun Plan 600), single sim version.
I just love its rear and front cam. Good at taking selfies especially outdoor.
The disadvantage probably is the RAM since mine only got 512mb. Its fast in browsing the internet using Opera Mini. Playing videos is good due to the resolution.
If you are looking for a midrange android phone that will give you your basic needs like surfing the internet, calling, texting with a very nice cam, then this one is for you..

And i just removed my screen protection today (the reason why I am here in the first place). Do I need to buy one or it is okay to leave it like this since it has Dragontrail glass? I dont use my phone that much. 😄

• 2014-09-07 04:28
  • 7XY}

Cons: I had a problem to charge my 6030D. Sometimes it is impossible to turn on the phone. Moreover, it was difficult to charge the phone. It misbehaves as little child: sometimes it cannot be charged at all. Pros: It is stable android system, without bugs, works properly when it is charged.

• 2014-09-01 22:21
  • snN}

> In reply to sylvia @ 2014-07-21 22:09 from N7Dn - click to readdid it break easily? because mine did with protection on it.

• 2014-08-28 17:55
  • q}ZA

> In reply to lovely_87 @ 2014-05-22 05:43 from FMY8 - click to readJust download Go~locker.

Most of the Smart Phone is just like than.

• 2014-08-24 21:21
  • 7Xdj

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-06-25 20:05 from Lece - click to readHaha... I tested it... Awesome!!!

• 2014-08-24 20:01
  • 7Xdj

Good fone. I rooted it. Put greenify, put. Xtreme booster, busy box, gravity box, xposed, seeder,,, Deleted the Anti Virus.... Whola.... Superb! This is my 4th Alcatel... Very happy wid Alcatel idol. If u know how to manage ur Smart fone. Theres no need to worry.

~even if its a Dual core... Its fast enough
~satisfied.... No need for Quad Core

• 2014-08-24 19:54

~even if its a Dual core... Its fast enough
~satisfied.... No need for Quad Core

• 2014-08-24 19:54
  • 7Xdj

When you adjust your date settings advanced and received messages, the next time you turn it back to normal date settings, current messages that are being receive don't register on it's latest messages instead they go to the middle lines of your inbox. And you'll be having a hard time scrolling your screen to the middle just to read the messages. Can't alcatel make it like the last messages goes still to its end of lines no matter what time it is received. I guess they had just used the receiving date in ascending order which should not be. This will be difficult to the people travelling to different date lines. This will just scramble their messages on inbox.

• 2014-08-16 03:07
  • vxe6

sorry guys. you can never put a good phone done.

• 2014-08-15 18:08
  • Rxjv

I'm using this phone more than one year.I'm satisfied with its features and performance.Only problem, no authorized service center is not available and its accessories.

• 2014-08-13 18:28
  • sSNx

> In reply to abbyfids @ 2014-08-11 08:44 from uSVM - click to readBest solution get a new phone no more alcatel

• 2014-08-12 06:41
  • sih2

I NEED HELP PLEASE! Ive been using my Alcatel Idol for 6months now and I just love everything about it. The features are great and the specs. But three days ago while I was usng my phone, it shut down. I swear the battery is still at 74% I was stressed out because it wont turn on anymore. I allowed 30mins before tryin to turn it on again but still it wont!! Then I went to a restaurant that has free charger when I plugged it, i was able to turn the phone on. AFTER 2 DAYS, it happened again!! And much worse! Itbwont turn on even if its plugged on the charger.. what will i do??? Email me pls... abigel.16@gmail.com

• 2014-08-11 08:44
  • uSVM

• 2014-08-11 08:42
  • uSVM

how do i change voice txing to standard txing

• 2014-08-07 07:08
  • vmL6

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-07-15 00:48 from Ibxc - click to readI absolutely agree! I've been having all the same problems and I've only have had the phone for a week! It also will randomly choose which pics and music it wants to keep... which is super annoying. I'm getting rid of this phone ASAP.

• 2014-08-05 22:11
  • 4$MU
Total of 557 user reviews and opinions for Alcatel One Touch Idol.