Alcatel One Touch Idol - user opinions and reviews

1915563

8.1
7.8
7.8

Ok so it's clear that if you purchase this phone it starts to have major operating problems after 6 months. What an absolute disgrace and debarkle. I hope they come off the market. For and extra $100, I could pre-pay for an iPhone 4S. Which I now have to do as the Alcatel one touch and it's broken phone is experiencing gremlins. I'm unhappy!

• 2015-03-26 13:44
  • 7tvd

one touch equivalent to one problem..

• 2015-03-22 02:36
  • 7XqX

Alcatel has got to be one of THE worst made phones..and the ironi of names like
One touch is that it takes a thousand

• 2015-03-19 20:09
  • IbxE

Is this phone has any problem .

• 2015-03-17 13:15
  • Hkt$

> In reply to Steve_O @ 2015-02-27 04:05 from Y6Xk - click to readIts funny... I had the same problems with Sams. S3!

• 2015-03-14 12:53
  • 37Lq

Hey guys, Idol 3 is coming! Watch out for it!

• 2015-03-08 08:12
  • PSw{

Crap! After 6 months the phone started to click on the display at random. Practically it can't be controlled. I will never buy Alcatel ever!

• 2015-03-07 08:15
  • ppX@

> In reply to kris @ 2015-01-24 03:42 from 04Uw - click to readAlcatel mini idol 2 or whatever they call it is junk! I blame the Lady who tricked me into buying this scam! It freezes as I type, I can't hear, Facebook and other applications take ages to log in, network is poor! It goes off and on and worst if all its months old and there's no support because no shop sells it or its accessories!!! This is a waste of my hard earned money! Saving up for Samsung, IPhone or HCT Desire to leave stress free.... I hate Alcatel passionately!! Shame on the company!

• 2015-03-02 23:46
  • 0ZuC

Love the display. Screen is very vibrant:-)

• 2015-02-27 15:43
  • PSw{

I've had this phone for 6 months, just recently I've had the problem where I can call and receive calls but there is no voice contact. I brought it in after having tried to fix it and I am awaiting....using a loaner for now which is a Samsung S3. After having read some of the complaints on this forum it is becoming obvious that this phone has some inherent problems, I am of the opinion that a switch to something else might be necessary. Incidentally there has been other issues with this phone as well so maybe even this loaner Samsung would be better.

• 2015-02-27 04:05
  • Y6Xk

> In reply to Ftron @ 2015-01-25 00:54 from jkcI - click to readDon't waste your money..screen will drive you crazy trying to text or anything else for that matter..worst screen ever

• 2015-02-18 19:54
  • Iudm

> In reply to Ftron @ 2015-01-25 00:54 from jkcI - click to readI have Samsung galaxy S3 sound on my OT Idol :) ... You just have to know where to put the new sound you want (the folder), and the proper format of the sound (.m4a, mp3, etc)

• 2015-02-18 16:59
  • 3chD

does any one know what is the best rom for idol6030d
i already root my phone&i'd like to install a new rom

• 2015-02-18 06:40
  • fmmW

I agree! The phone has been quite good for exactly one year (except for its low memory and poor camera quality). Yet, low and behold, one week after the warranty expired, it just shut down on me and won't turn on.
I'll not bother calling their help line after your experiences. It sounds like a con to me.
Shame on Virgin Mobile for pushing the phone in the first place!

• 2015-02-16 06:39
  • 4AqC

where can I get this phone?whats a price?

• 2015-02-13 14:13
  • KZ8I

I just replaced my screen protector and lo and behold! My idol looks like a brand new smartphone! Ive been lookin around for a new affordable phone I can rely on but they don't compare with my IDOL:-)

• 2015-02-11 13:40
  • PT}D

Will there be a system update,if not will someone tell me how to upgrade it manually?pls pls

• 2015-02-09 22:06
  • 3Sqa

> In reply to kristofer @ 2015-01-30 20:10 from 0UUt - click to readthe same thing is with me. A short period after the warranty expires, sometimes the phone doesn't ring, even it is set on the ringing mode. And sometimes, while i'm talking suddenly i can't hear the other side...

• 2015-02-07 16:20

• 2015-02-07 16:19
  • ptSr

The same thing is with me :/

• 2015-02-07 16:17
  • ptSr
Total of 637 user reviews and opinions for Alcatel One Touch Idol.