Alcatel One Touch Idol - user opinions and reviews

Alcatel

8.1
7.8
7.8

> In reply to kris @ 2015-01-24 03:42 from 04Uw - click to readAlcatel mini idol 2 or whatever they call it is junk! I blame the Lady who tricked me into buying this scam! It freezes as I type, I can't hear, Facebook and other applications take ages to log in, network is poor! It goes off and on and worst if all its months old and there's no support because no shop sells it or its accessories!!! This is a waste of my hard earned money! Saving up for Samsung, IPhone or HCT Desire to leave stress free.... I hate Alcatel passionately!! Shame on the company!

• 2015-03-02 23:46
  • 0ZuC

Love the display. Screen is very vibrant:-)

• 2015-02-27 15:43
  • PSw{

I've had this phone for 6 months, just recently I've had the problem where I can call and receive calls but there is no voice contact. I brought it in after having tried to fix it and I am awaiting....using a loaner for now which is a Samsung S3. After having read some of the complaints on this forum it is becoming obvious that this phone has some inherent problems, I am of the opinion that a switch to something else might be necessary. Incidentally there has been other issues with this phone as well so maybe even this loaner Samsung would be better.

• 2015-02-27 04:05
  • Y6Xk

> In reply to Ftron @ 2015-01-25 00:54 from jkcI - click to readDon't waste your money..screen will drive you crazy trying to text or anything else for that matter..worst screen ever

• 2015-02-18 19:54
  • Iudm

> In reply to Ftron @ 2015-01-25 00:54 from jkcI - click to readI have Samsung galaxy S3 sound on my OT Idol :) ... You just have to know where to put the new sound you want (the folder), and the proper format of the sound (.m4a, mp3, etc)

• 2015-02-18 16:59
  • 3chD

does any one know what is the best rom for idol6030d
i already root my phone&i'd like to install a new rom

• 2015-02-18 06:40
  • fmmW

I agree! The phone has been quite good for exactly one year (except for its low memory and poor camera quality). Yet, low and behold, one week after the warranty expired, it just shut down on me and won't turn on.
I'll not bother calling their help line after your experiences. It sounds like a con to me.
Shame on Virgin Mobile for pushing the phone in the first place!

• 2015-02-16 06:39
  • 4AqC

where can I get this phone?whats a price?

• 2015-02-13 14:13
  • KZ8I

I just replaced my screen protector and lo and behold! My idol looks like a brand new smartphone! Ive been lookin around for a new affordable phone I can rely on but they don't compare with my IDOL:-)

• 2015-02-11 13:40
  • PT}D

Will there be a system update,if not will someone tell me how to upgrade it manually?pls pls

• 2015-02-09 22:06
  • 3Sqa

> In reply to kristofer @ 2015-01-30 20:10 from 0UUt - click to readthe same thing is with me. A short period after the warranty expires, sometimes the phone doesn't ring, even it is set on the ringing mode. And sometimes, while i'm talking suddenly i can't hear the other side...

• 2015-02-07 16:20

• 2015-02-07 16:19
  • ptSr

The same thing is with me :/

• 2015-02-07 16:17
  • ptSr

I use this phone for a year, and it was working great. No problems at all. Last week (7 days after guarantee expired) it stop working. First i coudnt turn it on at all. Display freezes on t-mobile logo everytime i tried to turn it on. I tried few things like soft reset, removing sim and sd card, even factory reset, and nothing happen. Now I cant turn it on at all, its complitely dead. I press power button and nothing happens. Tha battery is full off course. Any idea what to do?

• 2015-01-30 20:10
  • 0UUt

Is there gona be sistem update...?

• 2015-01-26 23:58
  • 64hJ

> In reply to JanF @ 2014-12-24 01:09 from mSGL - click to readIts front camera does not work properly.the image turns out dark and brown even if you point a flashlight on it

• 2015-01-26 22:11
  • NGcU

> In reply to Coky @ 2015-01-26 03:55 from LE{f - click to readAlcatel one touch is an awesome phone I have dropped it many times and it is still in great
Shape.I has some problems changing the setting but now it
Perfect the only suggestion I have is to put more space in it because 2GB is not enough so be reasonable even an iPod has 8GB so this should have at least 12 - 16GB

• 2015-01-26 22:08
  • NGcU

any suggestion about alcatel c9? This phone is good ba?? Wat do u think is better zenphone 5 or c9? Help me to think what is the best phone thanks

• 2015-01-26 14:03
  • vj1%

i used the alcatel one touch idol for more than 2 years, and is a great phone, i dont have any problems with it, i realy recomend it.

• 2015-01-26 03:55
  • LE{f

Alcatel onetouch is the worse piece of crap I have ever bought. Have owned it for 2 weeks. it has the same sound for text, notifications and voice mail. I have read the whole Manuel, and have spent lots of time on it trying to figure out how to change the sound for each feature. Now I find out there is no way of changing this. It was built to work like that. What a stupid design. Every time it makes a sound, I have to pick it up to see if I received a text, notification, or voice mail. This piece of crap don't have half the features that the other cell phones on the market have. Not only that. But the touch screen is already beginning to fail. My phone company says they will exchange it if the screen does not work. But I'm just going to buy a better one. Don't waste your money on this piece of crap.

• 2015-01-25 00:54
  • jkcI
Total of 630 user reviews and opinions for Alcatel One Touch Idol.