Alcatel One Touch Scribe Easy - user opinions and reviews

Alcatel

6.6
6.3
6.1

hi.just got a question. because i accidentally got my alcatel scribe floats into the swimming pool. is there a chance that my phone will be fix?and how much it would cost.thanks

• 2014-09-01 01:04
  • K5gs

can this be used without the stylus?

• 2014-08-30 05:36
  • t7Xk

Just do a hard reset (power button and volume up button), and it will work perfectly. Mine is now working absoloutely fine and I'm lovin' it! ⭐⭐⭐⭐­⭐

• 2014-08-26 05:02
  • vaN}

> In reply to Plain Jane @ 2014-05-28 14:00 from v0qT - click to readNo thumbnail keep appearing on my picture gallery and I can't view my current pictures.

• 2014-08-23 13:44
  • fuvF

thanks for posting problem of alcatel scribe easy. Now im gonna change my sun plan im gonna get sony xperia e1 on sun plan 600 limited only until august 25. Wahahaha!!!...

• 2014-08-13 08:10
  • sxrY

im planning to get this unit in sun post paid after reading this comments i change my mind!

• 2014-08-11 04:36
  • t78k

I got it from Sun Postpaid Plan 450 last March 2014 since then I didn't experience any force close until now (August 2014). But, my main issue with this phone is it gets hot when I'm using the internet while charging and also, it is sometimes laggy. But overall it's a very good phone.

For people having issues like force closes (that didn't happen to me, even after updating it), I think you can upgrade your Scribe Easy with One Touch Upgrade 2.7.1. You can download it from Scribe Easy page on Alcatel's website under Support tab, run the program and follow the instructions. It's because, I think, that your kernel version is a little bit outdated. You can check it by going to Settings>About phone and check the date on Kernel version. If you read the date something like '2013 Jul 26', then it is outdated, but if it's not (something like this, '2014 Feb 6', then the problem is the system.

• 2014-08-10 11:26
  • th1J

> In reply to Ey @ 2014-08-02 05:37 from v0qT - click to readmy mobile problem disply blanking

• 2014-08-02 22:11
  • apMr
  • F

> In reply to Gracie @ 2014-06-29 22:32 from vj1k - click to readHi Gracie! we have the same problem. I just want to ask if the problem was resolved after being referred to main ctr? what did they do? thank you!

• 2014-08-02 05:37
  • v0qT

> In reply to SonaRiva @ 2013-12-24 16:10 from Nkh{ - click to readAre you sure you are talking about Alcatel Scribe Easy Phone? Because mine has different specs with yours...for example my Scribe Easy has no 1GB memory but 512 only...

• 2014-07-30 07:18
  • UD{8

I acquired my Alcatel Scribe Easy phone last week of April this year through my SUN postpaid plan. I encountered lots of problems with this phone and here are some of them:
- apps always crash
- can't even open facebook app
- erased my pictures and videos in my SD card
- phone gets very hot frequently
- etc.

I'm now using this phone just for texting and calling only...nothing else. It's like using a backward or old phone. Anyone can help me how can i maximize the usage of this phone...i really welcome it. Somebody mentioned about rooting it....honestly i don't know what it is and its benefit but i'm open to learn.

Thanks.

• 2014-07-30 07:01
  • KgZm

um guys.. i just wanna ask something, i got this phone through sun plan 450 last month, and i'm extremely annoyed right now 'coz of the problems that this phone is giving me... first off, most of the time, the touch sensor goes crazy on me like it's double clicking or ding triple or quadruple clicking on its own and starts clicking anywhere on my screen, really anooying, second, apps crash frequently like the chrome, gallery, etc... third, mine's only got 2.45gb of internal memory and 413mb of RAM.... seriously?? o.O.. i myself can't even believe it until i downloaded an app and tried to read my phone info.. =_=... yes you heard it right, 413 mb of RAM... not joking... and the internal's extremely small too T.T. 4th, battery is draining like hell... no apps are running and i made sure of that b4 making it sleep, then after 30 mins the battery went crashing downhill from 100 % to only 71%, like what the F***??... and when i tried playing music, the battery consumption decreased drastically, this is while playing music okay??.. 1 % lasts for 7 - 8 mins.. lowest brightness and max volume... *puzzled* i mean, isn't it supposed to be the other way around?...
so um... err... is it still possible to get a replacement unit for this one??.. replacement or change??... 'coz it's over a month now :/

• 2014-07-20 13:55
  • t7Xr

its ok even it is slow but working good.....can chat surf and Skype so what u need everything is thereeee already

• 2014-07-19 10:52
  • TgAC

Hi,

I am using this phone from last 1 year, it has lots of issues, sucks, restarts frequently, my view is HOPELESS & USELESS about this phone.

If any one wants to root this phone contact me on abhijeet186@gmail.com.

Requesting if anyone aware about any Custom ROM available for this phone, please let me know.

Thanks,

• 2014-07-16 06:25
  • 2SVd

Hate this phone..!! Got this from sun postpaid and it did gave me a hardtime..from downloading video to music..it always says "cant play" wtf...this phone sucks..

• 2014-07-12 15:28
  • v0qJ

This unit became unresponsive after a drop. I guess it dropped from just a foot high and then it's no longer responding to touch. Great. I have to reboot and it'll start working like normal again but as soon as the phone locks/sleeps, It'll no longer respond to touch unless I reboot again. I went to sm southmall yesterday and they referred me to main ctr.

• 2014-06-29 22:32
  • vj1k

> In reply to vincent @ 2014-06-19 09:40 from thcS - click to readdelete the thumbnail in the gallery. close the gallery app or shut off the phone. If you open the gallery again, it will generate new thumbnails based on the pictures stored in it.

• 2014-06-26 07:56
  • vxjG

this phone is sh**.... i've been using this phone one year till then, and still experiencing a lots of defect/malfunctioning. one month after i bought my unit, it always restarted, and i oouldnt see my pictures in gallery..... since now and then.... ALCATEL is not good ,,,

• 2014-06-26 06:50
  • ubfS

> In reply to Plain Jane @ 2014-05-28 13:43 from v0qT - click to readhey buddy. ive read your post.. about the pictures in the gallery. i have also problem with that, exactly on what you are saying, displaying other pic on what picture are you looking for. how did you fix that problem? please help me. i got this phone because of postpaid in sun cellular. i have problem with this thats why im looking for some reviews about this phone. please help me or give me advice on how to fix this problem..

• 2014-06-19 09:40
  • thcS

• 2014-06-19 09:16
  • thcS
Total of 180 user reviews and opinions for Alcatel One Touch Scribe Easy.