Alcatel One Touch Scribe HD - user opinions and reviews

Alcatel

7.6
7.7
7.6

Service centre couldn't rectify my freezing camera so i did factory resetting, now every works like magic.
No need to uninstall any Apps.

• 2014-04-04 16:43
  • Gg8L
  • F

> In reply to raphael joseph @ 2014-03-01 13:53 from v0qJ - click to readremove kings office....I did now it works fine!!

• 2014-04-02 10:43
  • vxLF

does anyone know how to make the phone to read hangul?

• 2014-03-27 16:30
  • nn4H

I uninstalled skype and the camera is working fine again :-) since 5 days

• 2014-03-26 22:47
  • 6mNY

I think the problem is the last actualization of viber...one week and no more problems.

• 2014-03-25 19:20
  • mtEC

Camera not working at times.
Removed kingsoft office and Skype.
Been working sweet for last 48 hours.

• 2014-03-23 03:17
  • vnGL

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-03-20 09:43 from D}mj - click to readIn my case, viber causes the freezing. I reinstalled skype and it works like a charm. :)

• 2014-03-21 02:44
  • t7Pb

i sent to the agent and after a while the camera gave the same black screen, then i removed viper restart after a while the camera is working fine and the phone speed was improved

• 2014-03-20 23:22
  • fk$u
  • F

it's crazy but removing skype has helped in my case

• 2014-03-20 09:43
  • D}mj

> In reply to Ahmad Barakat @ 2014-03-18 11:10 from fqfG - click to readOmg! I think removing skype, viber and kingsoft office and didnt even did factory reset will resolve the issue. My cam doesnt freeze anymore for about 10 hrs now with continuosly using it. Ill observe it and update you guys. I hope this is it. Thanks! :))

• 2014-03-18 16:34
  • t7Qr

> In reply to Ahmad Barakat @ 2014-03-18 11:10 from fqfG - click to readI'm on the latest official Alcatel ROM, not the custom Russian

• 2014-03-18 13:44
  • jYt1

> In reply to Dieter79 @ 2014-03-17 10:31 from jYt1 - click to readActually after removing viber and skype everything is working perfect (Whatsapp, facebook, & Google Talk work fine) with the Russian-English ROM.
Actually i'm not sure if skype will cause a crash or not. I'm sure about viber.

• 2014-03-18 11:10
  • fqfG

This is how the problem manifests in my case:

- when using an app that uses the cam (taking a pic from WhatsApp/Viber/...) the cam app freezes at the 2nd, 3rd or 4th time.
- once it froze: the "gallery" is really slow, video thumbnails show 'scrambled' (green noise) or black.
- flashlight (torch) app freezes too.
- I noticed that recording video with the cam app, now records to the internal phone storage (DCIM folder) and not the the microSD card.

I tried the following:
- remove the DCIM folder and created it again, because I though maybe that was corrupted.
- reformat the SDcard, maybe it had filesystem errors, causing the apps to crash.
- cleared the cache partition.

none of it worked, although i had the impression that the recreate of the DCIM folder worked at first... the problem came back eventually.

Support from Alcatel is just ridiculous. They just send out standard emails and I get the feeling they don't take this problem seriously. The only way to make them realize there really is a serious bug going on, is to keep contacting them. Everyone who's experiencing this error should notify Alcatel. For now they probably have the impression that this is just about some corner cases.

• 2014-03-17 10:31
  • jYt1

Everything was so fine until i installed viber.
The same happened again...camera freeze even after i uninstalled it.
GOD DAMN IT.

• 2014-03-16 14:58
  • fqeR

The camera problem is becoz of using Skype in your mobile. Just make factory reset your mobile and the camera problem will solve. but if you use again Skype, then the camera will stop again.

• 2014-03-16 14:22
  • S1qR

Just Follow the instructions in my original post (the russian ROM).
+ One IMPORTANT thing i forgot to mention.
UNINSTALL KINGSOFT OFFICE. everything is working fine without it.
4 days now and no camera freeze.

• 2014-03-16 08:30
  • fqeR

> In reply to Ahmad Barakat @ 2014-03-13 14:46 from fqeT - click to readDear sir,
Can you tell me please what must i do for résolve this problem of my scribe HD
And thank you un advance for your help
:-)

• 2014-03-14 16:05
  • N4Wd

My phone finally died. I restarted it for the second time like two days ago (because the camera died again), and today the screen decided not to work. The phone had like the 85% of battery, so i dont knot what happened or to do. Its cold, so is not working. Im really upset, it was a great phone but its giving me a lot of problems...

• 2014-03-14 13:52
  • nn4H

For how many days does your phone lasts without camera freezing? If it exceeds 4 days im gonna try what you did. Im afraid thay my warranty would be voided if i root my phone.

• 2014-03-13 18:16
  • t7Qr

My Dear jols.
The problem has been aroused with the latest update.
This ROM is extremely stable not like the one it had nor the last upgrade.
Previously two hours post the device restart and the camera freezes.
With this one the device never showed a problem. Alhamdu Lellah (Thank GOD).
+It's rooted already. he he he :)

• 2014-03-13 14:46
  • fqeT
Total of 238 user reviews and opinions for Alcatel One Touch Scribe HD.