TTThunder, 26 Dec 20101. How much is this in SGP or MAL? (It is 3500 peso in PHL...) 2. How does the speaker sou... morethe 710Dual only has the earpiece as its speaker. so it is not stereo. But it is crisp and loud enough to enjoy. I dont believe it can compare to 853 which has stereo speakers. However, using a good earphone (im using Philips SHE6000), the sound is very good. My default is eitehr Pop or Rock equalizer. There is no custom equalizer; you can only chose from preinstalled equalizer modes.
Anonymous, 26 Dec 2010how do you use the querty keypad?to use the QWERTY pad, slide the virtual numeric keypad on your screen to the left or right, and the QWERTY virtual comes out. Thats all you have to do to switch between Virtual QWERTY and Virtual Numeric Keypad. The default, when texting, is the virtual numeric keypad. Im not sure if you can change the settings to make Virtual QWERTY as default. But no big hassle, since its just one slide to the left/right away.
1. How much is this in SGP or MAL? (It is 3500 peso in PHL...)
2. How does the speaker sound compare with OT-S853?
its weird. i tried to send a text to myself using one of the many cute "smileys" which are mostly the green pac-man like cartoon characters available in this 0t-710. Yet, when i received it, those cartoon did not come out; instead the usual " :-) " was shown in the body of the text instead of the green cartoon smiling cutie smiley. weird.
bumbum, 25 Dec 2010Hi Guys I am from Globe Philippines! Yes, as for now we don't have yet configuration for an... moretnx bumbum,i hope that this work.i really want to maximize the usage of this phone.as of now all that i can enjoy of it is the sound.because i'm a music lover.it has a really good sound quality.it's so crisp.
[deleted post]there are around four stores at SM Manila selling this OT710D all at the same price of 3,499pesos. However, only one (aeraphone) had the black color I preferred. the rest all have the white color. No one seemed to have the red or blue variant. Another i noticed is that when texting, it is speedier if you use the ezI option, which is similar to T9. so far, using the EZI option i seem to complete a word faster than multitapping. I prefer the numeric multitap format than the virtual qwerty on the OT710D. OK ang sounds, merong preset equalizer pero you cannot customize it.
Sixela, 23 Dec 2010May I ask something? Does this phone have equalizer in mp3 player? tnx... It has preset Equalizer such as Rock, Normal, Party. Bass, Treble, Pop, Dance, etc. No custom EQ.
Hi Guys I am from Globe Philippines!
Yes, as for now we don't have yet configuration for any alcatel Handset Unit, especially for Alcatel OT-710... But, i can give you a parameters where in you can manually configure your setting for GPRS & MMS.
Just Follow the Parameters Below:
FOR GPRS SETTINGS:
APN : www.globe.com.ph
HOME PAGE : http://www.globe.com.ph/globe.asp
IP : 126.96.36.199
Proxy # : 8080
FOR MMS SETTINGS:
APN : mms.globe.com.ph
HOME PAGE : http://188.8.131.52:10021/mmsc
IP : 184.108.40.206
Proxy # : 8080
Hope this little things well help you huys, since us from globe this is the only way to configure your phone if we don't have the exact setting...
This is already proven to almost top of our subscribers. Especially Myphone & Cherry Mobile User's still didn't supported by globe but upon following the parameters above they successfully now enjoy the service of GPRS & MMS...
Just post back guys if you have any question & clarification.
I'll be glad to help you!...
Thank You for staying Globe Connected...
up to 8gb external, 3mb ram, 3.5mb rom, nice screen but not so sensitive to touch, nice audio, useless nightmode, mp3 broadcast to fm, better than samsung champ, i use global ip to browse for free
Finally got myself a unit at 3,499pesos. black colored housing. (only white was the other available choice and I dont like white, easily gets dirtied). Here are my initial opinions.
1. when you chose CONVERSATION in viewing text messages, you will not see complete details of the date and time the text was sent or received. You have to chose the conventional way of viewing per text message inorder to see the date and time stamp.
2. i find the texting speed response a bit slow too. but tolerable. if you are not heavy texter, it might not be a big deal.
3. nice large fonts. i dont know if you have option to change the size of the fonts yet. I have not tinkered the unit completely.
4. Initially I had a hard time moving the screen using my fingers. I have not used iphone so I have no idea how to use the touchscreen (this is my first touchscreen celfone). However, after repeated mistakes, i think i finally got the trick.
5. nice LED lights on the space between the two buttons informing you of an impending message or missed call not yet viewed. Mine is colored blue LED light.
6. it is very lightweight and is not a bother to put inside your pockets.
7. i dont feel it is "dangerous" to hit the SEND and making a mistake of choosing the SIM1 or SIM2 because after composing, you have to choose which SIM you prefer to use to send the composed text.
8. Im still praying for the availability of Battery Pack for this unit. For now, it is a gamble that I bought it without knowing the future availability of the battery pack.
So far, im still happy and excited with my new gadget.
Nelson, 21 Dec 2010In my case, i have successfully browse the net using globe and/or smart. I have not tried usin... moreif you we'r able to use the internet of this phone,then why does globe says that they don't have any configuration settings for the ot-710?i called them and says that they don't have it yet.and worst,they say that they don't support opera mini