Alcatel OT-890D - user opinions and reviews

6.4
6.6
6.0

yap it is a. good
phone compared to prices and performance

• 2013-08-30 15:24
  • Nst{

I have the Alcatel OT-890 and one must keep in mind that it is a low-budget phone. I am quite satisfied, considering what I paid for it. Sometimes it does give me a problem, but so does the expensive phones do also. I think it's fair to rate the Alcatel 7/10.

• 2013-06-20 16:14
  • rvim

I have a OT 890 D ALCATEL Mobile . & its Touchpad not working. I search for the same last 02 month. But not available any where. Any one suggest me for availability of Touchpad. Pls.

• 2013-05-31 20:15
  • PxJ9

phone is good but system is very bad.

• 2013-04-11 19:21
  • PEWb

Its shit! Does not connect internet seriously

• 2013-04-10 08:08
  • rvqf

the touch is very bad . . poor phone after all

• 2013-02-18 22:39
  • Nren

This is a great budget friendly Android phone. Considering its price range, at about $100, you can perform basic phone functions such as call, text, and use it as a clock/alarm. With a little more, you get a decent 2mp camera compared to VGA cameras older phones used to have. You also get a wifi capable phone where you can browse the internet! There are also basic apps you can install and lite games.

This phone has been with me for 1 yr and 3 months. I've dropped it more than 20 times and I get no dents, just casing scratches. I get no hardware malfunction as well.

If you're looking for better specs, then get a more expensive phone. sheez

BTW, if you're looking for screen protectors, there are some from ebay. And there's also a decent TPU case at aliexpress.com

• 2013-01-07 11:11
  • j2LS

I think its a great phone for me. :)

• 2012-10-21 04:51
  • v0qZ

> In reply to PATALIM @ 2011-08-21 11:00 from UD$J - click to readAn Update!

After more than 1 year of usage: the original battery is still good, has been rooted using gingerbreak v1.20 -- just run the apps, no need to reset phone first (as stated in the instruction found in the net, at least it works for me! - your choice).

In addition to what I have said before, this device is still good be sure to leave at least 30MB internal memory to avoid lags.

Other:

WIFI is fast (at my own AP & at public AP-depends on the no. of users)
GPS is good (using different navs)
radio is ok (not really using it)
sound is loud (at least to me)
as video/music player - very good.
for surfing - ok but due to small screen and lack of multi-touch, expreience can vary.
google play/and SD installation of apps - no problem
call and txt - no problem
bluetooh - very good.
dual sim - no problem.

Recommendation:

If you can find it still and very very cheap buy it!,
if not then opt for a newer better spec'd phone.

• 2012-10-16 02:42
  • UD{Q

i've this since 1year ..too bad music quality too slow on playstore .and freezes often

• 2012-10-15 17:52
  • Nvg2

i have one is a nice smartphone and sheap as a price

• 2012-10-03 19:10
  • xJaJ

its a nice phone.. given the price don't expect HD games and other HD stuffs. Wide range of of Apps you can think off, Its an Android smartphone after all. and dual SIM too!

• 2012-09-25 15:23
  • j012

> In reply to semsem 1984 @ 2012-03-10 18:29 from N3GU - click to ready3ni ashtry this mobile ??

• 2012-09-08 20:27
  • Nqp4

> In reply to SBK Nepali @ 2012-08-24 07:15 from PA$Z - click to readNext time you have to be sure the display is capacitive, not resistive

• 2012-09-04 03:13
  • 8B3r

I bought it last year when there were no other dual-sim android touch phones. Compare to other touch phones it has more cons than pro. e.g.
- very touch sensitivity - you have to push (not touch) my wife teases me 'where is your push phone?' and son gets irritated when tries to play angrybirds (only simple one angrybirds can be played);
- battery back up very low; need charges every day;
- very very slow;
- presently, the monitor is too small;
- very very poor gps/edge connection and data transfer;
It is shame to use this mobile/applications in front of others, so, just should be happy to have android touch phone in name only.

• 2012-08-24 07:15
  • PA$Z

I'm satisfyd this mobile....high speed youtube downloder and hd clarity

• 2012-08-17 12:28
  • HHHH

i bought this phone , it is fine but i faced a very wired problem that all the VOIP applications is not stable on it like fring , viper , when you try to make a call with these applications the other side can't hear u ?!! i contacted the support they told me they r not responsible for the 3rd party software, even after resetting it to the factory settings the same problem exists ... !!!

• 2012-07-29 14:09
  • SjpJ

just bought due to price slash..quite good..not fast but it will do..

• 2012-07-26 22:55
  • srYx
  • m_ferdel@yahoo.com.p
  • Rating0

my question is if this dual sim card work together at the same time? as if it receive calls & messages at the same time for both 2 sim cards?

• 2012-07-26 10:11
  • SvMy
Total of 165 user reviews and opinions for Alcatel OT-890D.