Alcatel OT-983 - user opinions and reviews

Alcatel

5.6
5.9
5.6

> In reply to tanyi @ 2014-05-21 17:41 from N7IJ - click to readHi i live in italy i cant talk english properly but... can u please tell me if when you are talking on viber to a friend you can hear his whatsapp notification noise also? As when i am on viber wirth my man who lives in london i can hear the noise of his whatsapp when he gets notifications . But only my man should hear that sound not me also! Maybe alcatel ot 983Works different in this from most of other mobils? Please tell me...

• 2014-06-01 09:13
  • 63wW

> In reply to parnsip @ 2014-06-01 08:53 from 63wW - click to readSorry i didnt explain it properly. I meant that my man has got an alcatel ot983 not me. But i can hear his whatsapp sound notifications if someone else send it to him whilst he is talking to me on viber. So i would like to know : when u get some notification on ur alcatel whilst u are talking on viber do u know if the other guy who u r talking with can hear the sound of that notification also?

• 2014-06-01 09:11

• 2014-06-01 08:53
  • 63wW

help help help..... I have the same copy like the type on your advert same color ID B019687 one touch 983 for about 9 mounths now and am currently faced with a network problem. i taough it were a hardware prop but they have cheked and all is well.i have changed my sim and still no change the prop is the phone always say no network but when you ask to scan maually it will find network of 2G be it orange or MTN. please I like my phone can u guys tell me what is really goin on? are u the once blockin it or is a tipical acatel prop? read from u sooon.

• 2014-05-21 17:41
  • N7IJ

can anyone updated alcatel ot 983 2.3.7 ? I want to update my alcatel 2.3.7 to 2.3.1 or higher !

• 2014-02-27 23:31
  • t7Xh

> In reply to John Collin @ 2013-07-21 20:00 from mAnZ - click to readWhat the HECK are you talking about, John.

You quite clearly cannot have tested mobile phones at all. This phone has, very nearly, the STOCK Google/Android 2.3.7 ROM installed, with very few modifications; that's better than nearly every other manufacturer for the minimising of both bloatware and additional gubbins that nobody needs.

As for the supposed addons, a) you can get free ones quite easily via Google Play and b) Google themselves had not put any of those options you moan about in Android 2.3.7. Many came in further revisions or were added onto the stock ROMs by other manufacturers (Sony, HTC, etc.) using their own applications. It's just like an Nvidia/AMD Radeon graphics card, Nvidia make the card, sort out the software and then other companies build upon it, tweak it and add their own software; so stop bashing the phone or manufacturer, esp. given the price to performance ratio.

1GHz, reasonable battery, quite decent WIFI+hotspot capability, 3-axis accelerometer, bluetooth, OPENGL graphics rendering, magnetic field + orientation + proximity + light sensors, microSD expansion =VS= only 397MB RAM, Broadcom processor-limited ARMv6 and no native flash support (can use Skyfire Web Browser/similar [see Google Play] to get around this) ALL FOR UNDER £40 is quite a deal, IMHO.

Rant over. Get your facts right, man. That Blackberry is currently £97 more (including top-up) at EE right now. ARE YOU INSANE!?! Pay

• 2014-01-18 22:41
  • pK2I

> In reply to apollocreed @ 2013-09-10 16:56 from pwHD - click to readYah, that's Virgin for ya.

• 2014-01-18 22:10
  • pK2I

> In reply to apollocreed @ 2013-09-10 16:56 from pwHD - click to readThat's not true - reset back to factory settings by holding down Vol down+Power (might be Vol up+Power, can't remember, but try both). Then connect via your usb cable and delete everything normally (not hidden) visible in the phone and sd card. This gets rid of some of the app packs, such as Facebook and Twitter, which can't otherwise be uninstalled.

• 2014-01-18 22:09
  • pK2I

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-10-21 16:13 from sm09 - click to readNooooooooooooooooooo, what are you doing?!? Never return it to the EE shop, they send your phone for repair only and send you the same one back. Phone 450 and do it that way, they actually replace the phone (minus the back case and battery) for a new one the next day in person via collection from your house. Ay, ay, ay...

• 2014-01-18 22:05
  • pK2I

> In reply to nellyswags @ 2013-11-23 11:03 from N7IJ - click to readWait, you dream about mobile phones? What is this, the Matrix?

• 2014-01-18 22:02
  • pK2I

> In reply to Signal-less @ 2013-11-28 10:43 from nFa7 - click to readPiffle, activate '3G only' under Wireless & Networks > Mobile Networks.

• 2014-01-18 22:00
  • pK2I

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-12-21 12:07 from nHUx - click to readWhy, oh why, did you bother rooting it for then? Stop complaining about your mistakes. It's not the phone's fault at all, especially given the price and the lack of ROM/rooting guidance generated by the rest of the tech wizards that must have purchased the 983.

• 2014-01-18 21:58
  • pK2I

Brilliant little phone; but needs someone to make a stock ROM for rooting, please!

• 2014-01-18 21:55
  • pK2I

This phone is okay, I updated it, rooted it, wiped it. And it got stuck on the set up wizard. I found away around it by installing a third-party launcher however; the home&search button will not work and it wont receive calls. :-( it opens apps almost as soon as you click them which is a good feature however, if the app is not in memory it'll take long. I'm upgrading to a S3 MINI soon so it's okay for now.

• 2013-12-21 12:07
  • nHUx

what rubbish is this. cant access my accounts cant do anything much at all. back to the shop with this thing. eilene

• 2013-12-19 15:18
  • HC1R

I bought an Alcatel One Touch and found I had no signal in my house (always had a good signal with my Nokia) or practically anywhere else. "Emergency numbers only" is what the phone tells me. Carphone Warehouse sent it back to Alcatel who provided a new phone. Still no signal anywhere! Is this phone fit for purpose?

• 2013-11-28 10:43
  • nFa7

> In reply to chavsta @ 2013-09-18 18:23 from 9yM$ - click to readI was wondering if I could use the Sim from this devise in a smart phone when I upgrade ?

• 2013-11-27 07:05
  • 4Kf9

wat a Fone very flashy but its contents are rubbish I can't receive messages,each time I enter am app it shows me had stopped unexpectedly force close,even wen my msg inbox is empty am really disappointed,inactive 3g e.t.c dis Fone s a mess nonsense gonna change it as soon as possible to join better android packages like dy tecno p5 I would nver use an alcatel Fone again even in my wildest dreams.

• 2013-11-23 11:03
  • N7IJ

Bought the phone in Feb'13 online through Orange. June'13 had to take it to EE shop to be sent away for repair as it switched itself off and couldn't switch it back on again, I month for repair and return. Oct'13 the same has happened again.If it takes another month to repair 2 months out of 8 in repair shop. Can I trust this phone is it a "rogue phone"?

• 2013-10-21 16:13
  • sm09

This phone is absolutely amazing :) I recently sold in a Galaxy Ace and this is such a little moneysaver, better than the Ace too :) Ultra responsive, fast and great sound quality, only little niggle is that speakerphone and ringing tones are quiet but well worth the asking price any day! Highly recommended :)

• 2013-09-21 18:47
  • dT$L
Total of 68 user reviews and opinions for Alcatel OT-983.