Alcatel OT-990 - user opinions and reviews

Alcatel

7.3
7.0
7.0

Advantages

Quite good phone as compare to price
Cheap
well built
sound is good
Touch is nice

Disadvantages

Camera is not good
Low battery life
Kinda slow
Dim LCD in bright lite
Low internal Memory

Tips

Make sure to have at least 15 mb of internal memory to receive SMS
Use link2sd or App2sd to get rid of low internal memory
Video call supported for yahoo not for Skype yet

• 2012-09-18 17:22
  • KIGV

> In reply to rizwan @ 2012-09-06 16:26 from KID7 - click to readOpen your camera, and swicth on the front cam and do the same for camcorder. Now open the skype to vedio call. I will work surely.

• 2012-09-15 13:25
  • SbDm

> In reply to rizwan @ 2012-09-06 16:26 from KID7 - click to readSorry but phone doesnt support it, even when upgraded to gingerbread!

• 2012-09-15 00:06
  • vuqZ

when i use skype the secondary camera has not working.

if it is possible use when i use skype on video call the other person see my picture

• 2012-09-06 16:26
  • KID7

> In reply to Smalone @ 2012-07-22 03:41 from q$27 - click to readIhave this device too. I also had the same problem, Iwas on the way to send it off, until i reestablished the factory settings (like a format), using the settings option, and the problem was fixed. It is due to internal memory shortage.Don't install updates, except perhaps for the antivirus software. Always be aware of your memory space (check by the settings option), you need to have at least 20 - 22 mb free space, and you won't have text problems again. I believe that the low price of the phone is due to short internal memory.

• 2012-08-31 13:25
  • miHn

> In reply to malith @ 2012-06-24 14:42 from tetE - click to readYou will have to delete some apps to allow space for receiving text.

• 2012-08-31 06:50
  • PBHI

3 weeks old and won't turn on again. Tried after a week, worked again for 2 weeks and died now for good. Put new battries but still won't working.Can someone help?

• 2012-08-31 06:26
  • PBHI

I have a Q. Can we use this phone for video calling on skype or ymessenger? Because i'm planning to buy one of these for my mom? Hope someone can answer my Q. Thanks!

• 2012-08-24 11:32
  • 3Cdc

is this a handset named Glory?

• 2012-08-24 07:23
  • 9xBW

quite a nice phone. except the can't receive bluetooth but can send. most annoying thing is the phone can become useless whenever it's connected to whatever usb as everything is messed up. I don't bother using it when I'm charging. tethering and WiFi spot are also useless despite having downloaded all the drivers. I'd stick to samsung next time.

• 2012-08-08 12:06
  • t7Xk

does this phone have usb host mode???plz somebody tell me....

• 2012-08-06 16:53
  • 9CZt

The other day when I got my Lumia 900 on contract I asked the store if it was possible that I could take out a contract for this phone as well, not for me but for my mom coz she's been using a Nokia 2700 classic for the past how many years and I thought she'd be better off with a bigger screen and better camera.... looks like it's going to take some time for her to get used to the Alcatel OT-990.. being in her late 60's and being used to using Nokia chocolate bar phones, this could be fun.

• 2012-07-26 12:11
  • Nhc4

Still reckon this device should be given a highly prestigious award. Faults low internal memory agreed, and slower processor. But it is built so well, solid and looks and feels like a much more expensive device. I can use a much higher price device, but return to this. Currently, it is my only phone and quite happy. The screen resolution is lower than many, but even that is good as in the ratio it is it's wider than most of similar size, that aids keyboard use. Better than widescreen ratio.

• 2012-07-24 14:58
  • d@Cf

there is update by alcatel for ot 990 to android 2.3.4(i.e gingerbread). use software update tool from alcatel.
the new update has improved battery performance tremendously, touch sensitivty is much much better and lot of new features.
it has not crashed until now after heavy use of internet which initially used to be a problem.

• 2012-07-22 08:34
  • K8Tn

I dont like this Phone at all. doesnt take good pictures, doesnt have alot of memory space and it keeps telling me my text nessage memory is full i can not wait to replace it. I dont recommend it to anyone.

• 2012-07-22 03:41
  • q$27

does Skype video calling apps.. work with this phone

• 2012-07-20 21:19
  • Sdr7

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-06-29 21:36 from NP%H - click to readTotally agree about internal memory, but have found battery life is reasonably good. If low on internal memory, back-up your apps with a file manager, and do a full factory reset. When you do that you seem to gain a little extra space...orphaned files? You have to agree though, this phone is so well built.

• 2012-07-18 22:29
  • nU9t

its a very good phone with good perfomance..

• 2012-07-17 21:47
  • fu%U

This phone I keep coming back to use, the build quality is just so robust. For anyone thinking of using this device it is a bit slow, but still seems faster than other 600mhz phones. It has a very loud speaker...you will never miss a call unlike the Huawei Ascend G300, which is priced the same. Good screen, and in some places in the UK can be found at £40....total bargain.

• 2012-07-17 12:01
  • gKbM

I want know if the nimbuzz and wipe call can be work on this mobiel or no.Thanks

• 2012-07-13 12:14
  • 3CHY
Total of 481 user reviews and opinions for Alcatel OT-990.