Alcatel OT-991 - user opinions and reviews

Alcatel

7.4
7.1
6.9

good but very slow price= quality

• 2012-10-31 21:03
  • 0U2Y

> In reply to ian @ 2012-10-29 20:58 from 05uV - click to readSkype video call don't work, only voice call

• 2012-10-30 19:23
  • 0FRd

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-10-08 18:03 from SqQh - click to readHow does this Alcatel One Touch 991(D) work with Skype application? is the front camera good, any lags?
pls.& Thank you

• 2012-10-29 20:58
  • 05uV

I got this phone on special sale. Happy so far, especially for the price.

Pros:
- One of the most well built phone I've ever owned, and I've owned around 40 phones of almost all brand (except Apple). You'll feel like it's made from one solid piece of metal. 10/10 for construction.
- Good battery life. One day for heavy use, two-three days for light use.
- Clear voice over conversation, at least from my end.
- Look nice in life with matt finished back cover
- 3G, wifi, GPS, dual sim, 4.0" screen...a lot of spec for your money

Cons
- Low res screen, limit viewing angle
- Very low memory limit number of apps can be installed. SD card won't help much as apps need phone memory, more or less.
- Mediatek CPU isn't well supported, incompatible to some apps
- Bad camera

• 2012-10-28 08:15
  • XMtC

it's a good phone....it's cheap,one - is RAM memory only 128...it's good if you dont have a huge budget

• 2012-10-20 13:15
  • 0Uj0

This is my first android and my first alcatel phone. I had heard a lot about alcatel. My sis and me picked up our first android phones together. We didn't have a huge budget she picked up a samsung ace. i feel like an idiot for not reading reviews and doin the same. Alcatel has put out a phone that has not only affected their brand name but actually managed to make me hate android.

• 2012-10-20 08:23
  • mIgJ

> In reply to jace @ 2012-09-30 15:00 from wHrT - click to readI bought this phone few days back and am regretting why i bought it, this is one of the worst android phone so far.

• 2012-10-19 08:32
  • 3JDB

How much ram does it have? 256 MB?

• 2012-10-18 19:20
  • 3@fw

is OT-991d dual sim and a quadband phone?

• 2012-10-18 03:30
  • t7CZ

Alcatel mobile phones are very good to use, and their service response is good from customer service end, trust me. Go for it.... make your money worth..... or else pay more to other mobiles just for their brand names...... and for their commercial ads. I bought 3 Alcatel mobiles its good to use.

• 2012-10-15 17:56
  • bCiU

Alcatel OT-991 IS VERY GOOD phone iam using this phone and im very happy.i never seen in my life such a nice phone in very cheap price.thanks to alcatel

• 2012-10-15 10:28
  • dZXW

this is a very bad phone do not buy it stopped working after one week

• 2012-10-11 23:33
  • 3Ca9

this phone is very bad it will destroy the reputation of the alcatel company and i bought this phone since one week and it stopped working and no response from the service centre from saudi arabia

• 2012-10-11 23:22
  • 3Ca9

i bought this mobile since one week but the mobile is not working properly and suddenly stopped working and unable to start i went to the service centre without any response. could anyone imagine they refuse to replace after one week from the buying date and could you imagine a new mobile with such problem even after one week from buying

• 2012-10-11 23:15
  • F

> In reply to jace @ 2012-09-30 14:59 from wHrT - click to readif you think this phone is worst in history of android phones then you never used LG GT540 Optimus. that mobile is worst! I just changed LG for Alcatel and I like it. yes, internal memory sucks, I agree with that one. I wish it has bigger internal memory but what to do now.. anyway, it's price is acceptable. and it's rare to find 4" screen phone now in this price rang (I bought it for 140$).. oh and baterry is amazing.. it can last for 2 days with surfing and playing with it..

• 2012-10-11 09:25
  • ptDC

> In reply to nurabsal @ 2012-08-18 14:40 from d@Ak - click to readtry to download tango from ather sites it will work...i got the same msg that the program is incompatible but now it work great on my alcatel ot 991,,,,:)

• 2012-10-09 15:37
  • NXsm

I have had this phone for a month now and i love it. Its not good if you want to download loads of apps. I have an ipad so thats where i play games apps etc. but i only have facebook whatsapp kik twitter and skype on this phone so the lack of phone memory doesnt matter. Ther than that i love the screen size even though graphics arent great.... And also its just generaly a good phone.

• 2012-10-08 18:03
  • SqQh

After playing with this phone for the last couple days, my suggestion is: never buy any Alcatel phone for the rest of your life. They just design garbage.

You won't be able to do anything useful on this phone, except making phone calls. Android apps? Forget it. Taking photos? it's worse than the baby toys at Toyrus.

Don't even think about to root this piece of shit. You are just wasting your time. There won't be any noticeable difference.

• 2012-10-07 06:23
  • iv@T

this phone is too slow and there are soo many app which ahve consume the internal memory and cant even do skype video caling

• 2012-10-06 09:49
  • 3N3G

• 2012-10-06 09:47
  • 3N3G
Total of 318 user reviews and opinions for Alcatel OT-991.