Alcatel OT-991 - user opinions and reviews

Alcatel

7.4
7.1
6.9

what do you all expect from a phone which is 1/6 of the price on a galaxy 4 of an iphone 5??? if you are cheap and buy a cheap phone, don't expect much - this phone does exactly as much as you paid for it - but it is a good phone - it is much better than a galaxy ace or any of it's class - it has a built in flash, which no other same price range camera has, and also a pretty good scratch resistant screen - if you whant something better buy a phone for $1000 not 150$

• 2013-09-06 20:53
  • pqB{

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-08-28 14:57 from srrf - click to readyeah sure - the worst- how much did you pay for it??? 1/4 of the price of a 4GS or a galaxy 3 or 4 - what did you wxpect for that kind of money?

• 2013-09-06 20:48
  • pqB{

The worst mobile phone i ever had. It is extremely slow, crashes down at least once a day, very low space, RAM... The worst ‘‘smartphone‘‘ ever! Don‘t buy this crap guys! I had it fot a week, an I can‘t wait to change it! I‘m using mobile phones since 1999 but as bad as this piece of junk... never! I hope to forget soon this experience!

• 2013-08-28 14:57
  • srrf

> In reply to Gallagher @ 2013-08-20 18:15 from Mfy9 - click to readHey man do u have an exact answer how much ram does the phone have ?

• 2013-08-23 17:28
  • 0TFK

why is it dat i get problems usin dis phone tellin me memory ful whiles i have nothin on my phone n what is dis rootin can i do it my self or it must be professional

• 2013-08-22 21:33
  • 3eTh

Some people have problems with this phone because it has low internal memory but you can root it and it will work better

• 2013-08-20 18:15
  • Mfy9

very bad phone
1. low ram memory only 150 mb
2. doesnt support tango skype in full efect
3. screen coast a fortune if u broke it
i think vodafone smart iii is better than this and coast the same

• 2013-08-18 03:27
  • Mfx4

I use this phone and one of the problems that I have about it is its low internal memory. Most apps crashes while using them and it's very slow.
You guys talk about rooting, is it really effective? do you think I can do it on my own? Is it risky? Like if you so something wrong, you can damage the phone. Or should I get someone to do it for me?
And can you remove shutter sounds when taking a picture? It's really irritating and makes it awkward to take pictures in public.

• 2013-08-12 02:03
  • t7P7

what version of skype this phone support/
and if there's any version pls tell me which one :)

• 2013-08-10 18:45
  • 3bm0

i have a problem with my alcatel 991, when i call someone the phone vibrates in my ear and this so wired plz help me to deactivate this vibration

• 2013-08-05 14:09
  • NjYE

memory is too low and transfering to a micro sd sometimes causes problems,I wont recommend this phone to anyone who wants to download many apps and also it cannot download the apps directly to your micro sd even if you change the set up.first and last time i'm buying a budget smartphone.battery life is also not that good,very poor when used outside in sunlight you cant see anything

• 2013-08-04 22:33
  • rriF

how can I open my data connection in my celfone when 5 times enter the incorrect password pattern?

• 2013-08-04 12:57
  • v0qT

worst phone I have ever had frezees alot every three weeks memory low it annoying

• 2013-07-27 20:10
  • fsTx

I have the phone over 1 year and 6 months bought from Kijkshop for 110e. First 6 months i had no problems with it after that battery life wen't down pretty fast and i had the guaraty for 1 year i wen't back and they gave me a new battery witch is good even today. I like it + the sound quality is awesome while lisening to music thru headphones. Anyway for the price of 110euro's is not bad.

• 2013-07-21 11:15
  • nB2H

> In reply to hamza @ 2013-05-23 09:59 from Nj}$ - click to readGo in menu to application manager/instaled apps then press on witch app you want to move @ sd card and it will show you if can be move to sd card. Especialy games can be moved.

• 2013-07-21 11:09
  • nB2H

> In reply to tortuga @ 2013-07-10 21:10 from ndVK - click to readThis is by far the worst phone ever! Freezes up, has a video call feature but doesn't work, it's crap! Memory is low.

• 2013-07-19 14:02
  • T14i

this is my frist phone and i think that its quite good i've rooted and installed a lot of apps got 2gb of internal memory fast ram and everything works smoothly.
But 3 worst things. 1st is camera 2nd is bad quality of display and 3rd is low ram, But although its good phone for me, visit xda developers forum for help:)

• 2013-07-12 14:15
  • JyxC

This phone is the worst phone I have ever owned!! With the memeory so low you can't do anything with out it crashing and slowing down ALL THE TIME. The Camera is terrible and even worse at night!!It doesnt lock properly and you end end phoning all your friends by accident. Please don'tbuy this phone!!

• 2013-07-10 21:10
  • ndVK

This is the phone we all supposed to buy, what a phone ''''Excellent perpormance ..specially one who looking for vedio call application like SYPE,FRINGE,TANGO,GTALK,YAHOO,...ETC.MADE FOR THEM.
Never ever shows any low space after so many application got installed.

• 2013-07-07 15:33
  • mI6M

> In reply to fasdasda @ 2013-06-26 17:22 from 3bm0 - click to readMy 991D apps crashes when the internal memory storage is too low.

In my opinion, the only two major downsides of this mobile phone are the low memory storage and the front camera cannot be used for skype.

• 2013-07-05 12:23
  • mUpM
Total of 317 user reviews and opinions for Alcatel OT-991.