Alcatel OT-995 - user opinions and reviews

Alcatel

7.3
7.2
7.1

Hi, In Australia & just bought OT 995 from Dick Smith's for $199. Have been trying for a few days to upgrade to ICS and found good info on this forum. Trouble downloading as it kept freezing on 83% download. Eventually deleted and went to Alcatel support http://www.alcatelonetouch.com...cs-fota.html Followed advice and used FOTA on WiFi & eventually succeeded. As I had not downloaded any extra apps or used the phone I did not back up and just installed. On restart all I had was time and ability to power off !! Stupid me !!
Went back to Alcatel support and followed instructions for Factory reset with phone in Shutdown state. Another big mistake as after this all I have is a dead phone - android icon on back with red triangle. Can anyone help me please or have I gone too far down the track of no return??

• 2012-12-09 00:40
  • vkN0

Can it b upgraded 2 jelly bean? Thnx!

• 2012-12-08 22:48
  • vxF4

> In reply to Andyroid @ 2012-12-06 05:39 from wg0x - click to readthat happened to me but i had a backup. you will have to use the onetouch upgrade from the alcatel website and restore/ upgrade from there.

• 2012-12-08 07:38
  • uKb6

> In reply to blacksiopao @ 2012-11-29 06:12 from Mf5t - click to readSomehow I screwed up. Today I rebooted my phone and now cant use my phone! I keep getting message on screen:unfortunately, launcher has stopped. I cant get past this screen. I tried CWM recovery and a factory reset that didnt work and I have no backup to restore. What do I do?

• 2012-12-06 05:39
  • wg0x

> In reply to blacksiopao @ 2012-12-05 14:20 from thYn - click to readThere are certain things about the 997 I find odd though. The video quality (on Youtube at least) is worse than the 995 and the CPU might be weaker. (Snapdragon vs MTK) i'm not sure about that though.

• 2012-12-06 03:05
  • LKpi

this was really tyhr best one in terms of balance with performance and price, but now the new 997D has 1GB RAM and 8 mpx camera with half the cost of S2 so, for me that is the best phone now

• 2012-12-05 14:20
  • thYn

Its either you wait for the update via FOTA , use OTU(One Touch Upgrade) you can DL that o nthe official site or... flash some roms.

• 2012-12-05 14:18
  • thYn

> In reply to Andyroid @ 2012-12-04 15:03 from wg0x - click to readThis happend to me too. if you need to plug your phone in to your computer poweroff the phone. then plug it in. then it will power on. then power it on. then it should work

• 2012-12-05 11:53
  • uKbE

Alcatel just rolled out the ics upgrade and let me tell you this phone was made for it. It was good with gb but it,s great now. I love my ot 995.

• 2012-12-05 08:45
  • 7sH5

> In reply to Andyroid @ 2012-12-04 15:03 from wg0x - click to readHave you installed the Alcatel Android Manager on your PC? The drivers are there, I think. Mine doesn't have this problem.

If the problem still persist back up your data and do a factory reset. Resetting is suggested in some forums after upgrade to ICS to clean up the phone's system which may be causing some conflicts.

• 2012-12-05 04:16
  • t75s

The telephone records in 3gp and is a bad quality. Is it possible to do in order that it records in mp4?. If it is HD, why do videoes take extension 3gp?. Thank you

• 2012-12-04 23:43
  • 3N2C

> In reply to Andyroid @ 2012-12-04 15:03 from wg0x - click to readYou wont say with GB use Usb memory, and other thing over otg cable? sorry for english

• 2012-12-04 22:17
  • smxP

USB drivers not recognized since I updated to ICS. They were working perfectly before when I was on GB. Apparently its a bug or something with ICS. Only way I can copy files from computer is remove my SD card from phone. :(

• 2012-12-04 15:03
  • wg0x

Fastest connection speed to, for example a home WLAN 802.11n is 65mbps. I have no idea how that compares to other phones which are also advertised as 802.11 b/g/n.

• 2012-12-04 14:14
  • TvP3

For all of you that are asking can this phone do this or that,those things depend of the apps that you can install on almost every android phone.

• 2012-12-03 23:55
  • 3bmK

For all Android users:
if you want to use SKYPE for video calling your FW version must be 3.0 or higher!

• 2012-12-03 21:41
  • 04T4

Can this phone read DOC and DOCX files? Can we edit that files on this phone? Thanks!

• 2012-12-03 13:50
  • 3nvT

Does this phone has support for OTG, Software version is 4.0.4 ics?????

• 2012-12-03 00:32
  • smxP

Hello,Does this phone has support for OTG, Software version is 4.0.4 ics????

• 2012-12-03 00:15

i can't wait for upgrade 4.0.4 in my country :(
everyone says its much better on android 4.
other options to upgrade ?

• 2012-12-02 14:51
  • ptSP
Total of 844 user reviews and opinions for Alcatel OT-995.