Alcatel OT-995 - user opinions and reviews

Alcatel

7.2

> In reply to Sinomatic @ 2013-11-29 16:18 from psD1 - click to readI forgot to say that in the begining of the playing the games i dont have any problems that is happening after 30 min after playing....

• 2013-11-29 16:20
  • psD1

Does anyone have a problem with heating the CPU of the phone?When playing HD games my phone become very hot of the back under the battery and my games starts to lag very much an then my phone restarts :/ i want to updadte the system to ICS so is this the solution? cao :)

• 2013-11-29 16:18
  • psD1

> In reply to odie @ 2013-11-11 04:39 from LwR4 - click to readHi there,
I suggest you download Skype from the Play Store (and make an account on it). It is a free application that allows you to make video calls for free over the internet. Make sure you're using your phone's Wifi connection though, because it may cost you a lot of money if you don't have an internet data plan (at least it's like this in my country, not sure if it's like that in yours too).

Your daughter will have to download Skype too (but most kids are using Skype so she likely already has).

• 2013-11-25 03:15
  • sqaN

It can be upgraded to Android 4.1.1.

• 2013-11-17 12:00
  • nTc4
  • F

I just bought an Alcatel and want to know how to make a video call. Can anyone tell me how to do that? I live in mexico and want call my daughter using video calling.

• 2013-11-11 04:39
  • LwR4

• 2013-11-11 04:35
  • LwR4

Hi I have just upgraded to 4.0.4 and lost all contact with google sites. Have rebooted etc but cannot connect at all to google wether chrome, browser google play etc absolutely zilch.!??? can anyone help me?

• 2013-11-11 02:50
  • 2CW$

Its a cool phone,but what alcatel don't disclose before selling it to you is that you will have issues upgrading it.Great phone but outdated firmware.I have had it since july,upgrading has been a thorn in the flesh.Even Alcatel One Touch upgrade doesn't update it to ICS.And oooh,am from Nairobi,Kenya.

• 2013-10-14 14:43
  • Nwxr

I,ve posted before, and have read and reread some of the comments here. My question is this, why are so many people having so many problems with the Alcatel One Touch OT-995 SMARTPHONE? Since I,ve bought this phone on Feb 1St 2013, I have had not one problem with it, and haven,t made the upgrade to Ice Cream Sandwich at all. I love it jest the way it is. The video dosent give me problems, camera works great, the fm radio jest love it, I mean this phone for the price I paid for it is great. And I never get lost with it. Jest my thoughtful opinion. That's why I'm having trouble understanding why so many of you good folks are having such troubles with yours? Alcatel is a up and coming company with affordable smartphone and tablets......:)

• 2013-10-10 07:01
  • 9JEA

How to upgrade android 2.3.6 to android 4.0.4

• 2013-10-04 18:41
  • SdNb

> In reply to boozekrusen @ 2013-09-12 18:10 from 4mg9 - click to readvolume down+ power button at the same time and it captures the csreen (ics)

• 2013-09-25 19:48
  • 0k@i

why the bettry is low

• 2013-09-18 02:17
  • Nu@a

> In reply to boozekrusen @ 2013-09-12 18:10 from 4mg9 - click to readWorks if you have the ICS update 4.0.4

• 2013-09-13 18:46
  • fmje

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-08-28 12:15 from fmjX - click to readThe screenshot thing doesnt work

• 2013-09-12 18:10
  • 4mg9

> In reply to Imeiohmei @ 2013-08-22 00:39 from p65q - click to readHow can i restart my phone.i have this android icon with a flip top and buttons display on when i start up my phone

• 2013-09-11 09:31
  • jEmK

> In reply to Fizzayn @ 2013-08-25 05:36 from vu{$ - click to readpower button + volume down

• 2013-08-28 12:15
  • fmjX

how do you screenshot a Alcatel One Touch OT-995?

• 2013-08-25 05:36
  • vu{$

ICS and bundled virus scanner: GPS problem
I bought the OT-995 1,5 years ago. System after upgrade is ICS 4.0.4, and AVG antivirus pro, version ~2.9.2 (older but premium version) was included. I had often problems with GPS receiver - working only a few minutes, quite insensitive, or GPS not accessable (missing activity symbol) until reboot. After switching off the real-time virus scanner, GPS works nearly perfect. So I changed to a freeware scanner.

• 2013-08-22 00:39
  • p65q

> In reply to arash @ 2013-07-31 10:15 from a0{n - click to readyou go onto the Alcatel site and click the Alcatel OT-995 section and then it will have a tab that says 'Download'. Click and download the link that says One Touch Upgrade. Once it has downloaded, plug your phone into the computer and it will say 'do you want to upgrade' or something like that. It then takes around 45 minutes and it should be upgraded to Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich :-)

• 2013-08-11 04:42
  • XptP

I love the radio . The applications it has just amaizing.

• 2013-08-10 07:55
  • Nh59
Total of 833 user reviews and opinions for Alcatel OT-995.