Alcatel OT-995 - user opinions and reviews

Alcatel

7.1

> In reply to Fizzayn @ 2013-08-25 05:36 from vu{$ - click to readpower button + volume down

• 2013-08-28 12:15
  • fmjX

how do you screenshot a Alcatel One Touch OT-995?

• 2013-08-25 05:36
  • vu{$

ICS and bundled virus scanner: GPS problem
I bought the OT-995 1,5 years ago. System after upgrade is ICS 4.0.4, and AVG antivirus pro, version ~2.9.2 (older but premium version) was included. I had often problems with GPS receiver - working only a few minutes, quite insensitive, or GPS not accessable (missing activity symbol) until reboot. After switching off the real-time virus scanner, GPS works nearly perfect. So I changed to a freeware scanner.

• 2013-08-22 00:39
  • p65q

> In reply to arash @ 2013-07-31 10:15 from a0{n - click to readyou go onto the Alcatel site and click the Alcatel OT-995 section and then it will have a tab that says 'Download'. Click and download the link that says One Touch Upgrade. Once it has downloaded, plug your phone into the computer and it will say 'do you want to upgrade' or something like that. It then takes around 45 minutes and it should be upgraded to Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich :-)

• 2013-08-11 04:42
  • XptP

I love the radio . The applications it has just amaizing.

• 2013-08-10 07:55
  • Nh59

> In reply to anOnymYm0us @ 2013-07-26 06:01 from fqxJ - click to readthe phone is good exept the processor. It can be better with a dual core processor

• 2013-07-31 21:10
  • msqj

> In reply to carl804 @ 2013-07-11 10:49 from SdrH - click to readwould you explain how upgrade your phone?

• 2013-07-31 10:15
  • a0{n

Can you charge this Alcatel through the hdmi cord? Like through your pc or w.e. my charger port is broken so I can't charge it at all, does anyone know if its expensive to fix? And it likes to shut off after ending apps or if it gets set down slightly hard (literally a tap) or after phone calls? Otherwise everything else worked fine. Haha

• 2013-07-27 18:11
  • 7Bi0

Hello I watched some videos on youtube about this alcatel and it seems good, I want an advice from anyone if this phone is nice to be used.

• 2013-07-26 06:01
  • fqxJ

> In reply to carl804 @ 2013-07-11 10:49 from SdrH - click to readhi brother..,
I am an Indian, using BSNL 3G network with Video calling facility..

So is this mobile suitable/supported for Video calling over 3G network (I dont want to use skype/ google talk etc)
please give me you experience to my mail id.
bhaskar.kotipalli@gmail.com

• 2013-07-23 07:46
  • Mf5{

hi friends..,

I am using BSNL 3G network with Video Call option over 3G network (not through 3G Data).
So is this model useful to me for Video calling facility.
Any user of this model.., Please suggest me..?
I dont want to use skype or any other app relating to data for video calling..

• 2013-07-23 07:07
  • Mf5{

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-07-21 12:43 from qMUe - click to readI went back to my carrier and all the did was give me another battery,said try that.I like the phone easy to use,but the battery doesn't stay up long enough,although i haven't tried the new battery yet.

• 2013-07-22 20:09
  • qMUe

I just got the alcatel ot-995,when the battery is fully charged about an hour and a half it is already down to well below half gone any ideas why.

• 2013-07-21 15:21
  • qMUe

i like the phone,except the battery goes compelety dead after just about 2 hours even if i dont talk on it,anybody have any ideas.

• 2013-07-21 12:43

Hi,
I have the Alcatel onetouch 995 ultra; bought it in Holland. Now i'm going to Canada. I know there is a issue with different networks/Mhz and not al european phones will work overthere. Can Anyone tell me if this phone works in CAnada(Ontario, quebec and Nova scotia)??

(The box says this one is for GSM Network 850/900/1800/1900Mhz and HSPA/WCDMA 900/2100 MHZ but it only igives a list of european countries where this phone could be used. so i'm wondering???)

• 2013-07-12 02:39
  • 3K6F

Hello! one question - have any of you experienced issue with wi-fi connection? I have big issue when connecting to wireless router (TP-Link). In the beginning i'm able to dowload information from the net but after certain time/MB-flow, the router freezes and other devices (laptops) also can't be connected to it. Whitout OT995 being connected to that router - everything is OK, but once done - the same problem every time. I tried with other smartphones (iphone 4s, Samsung gallaxy 2) - no such issue. Please help!!! Is it a router/network issue, or something specific with the OT995 hardware/settings?!?

• 2013-07-11 14:12
  • SHpv

> In reply to eb9941 @ 2013-07-10 17:51 from Xpt6 - click to readyeah me too, i've upgraded to ICS 4.0.4 and video flash option is now there. panorama mode also added. quite happy with the upgrade :)

• 2013-07-11 10:49
  • SdrH

> In reply to carl804 @ 2013-07-06 14:14 from Li5N - click to readI upgraded mine to 4.0 and I can use the flash in video!

• 2013-07-10 17:51
  • Xpt6

> In reply to carl804 @ 2013-07-05 09:25 from Li5N - click to readokay, i just found a solution to the no video light option in the built-in camcorder app. i installed an app called LGCAMERA from playstore and problem solved!

• 2013-07-06 14:14
  • Li5N

i just found out that there is no option to turn on the led light in video camera mode. this is not good when shooting videos in low light or no light conditions. i've used many android phones and this is the first time i encountered a phone without this option. im using gingerbread 2.3.6.....
anybody here have this same concern? will an upgrade to official ICS solve this issue? please advise thanks!

• 2013-07-05 09:25
  • Li5N
Total of 818 user reviews and opinions for Alcatel OT-995.