Alcatel OT-995 - user opinions and reviews

Alcatel

ot995 in adobe flash player

• 2012-06-07 05:53
  • vIgm

Am planning to get one of this phone soon, ive been reading and watching reviews of it on youtube and it seems impressive to most... hope to read something about its weaknesses if theres any apart from the split second delay, wifi connection...

• 2012-06-07 01:26
  • v0Xt

I forgot to add, about the quality of the images and videos, the only HD thing on the phone is the stickerr on the back side, because images and videos are...well let's just say that you can make better videos with mp3 player.

• 2012-06-07 01:02
  • 04U@

I'm disappointed with the phone, it looked promissing but after two weeks i'm selling it. The RAM is not 512MB, the phone shows something like 310MB(!?), when you open foursquare or some other cpu consuming app the phone get's hot as hell and it starts restarting. The restarting happens randomly, even when my phone is in my pocket, and quite often when i try to unlock it, the screen is black, buttons are glowing and then it restarts. I'm assuming that has something to do with the firmware but there is no update at the moment. The battery with normal usage last just one day, and the when you talk with someone you think the person is in a wine cellar. I really like the big screen, but it's not worth the compromise. If someone doesn't care about these things, i'm selling mine, send me an e-mail ;)

• 2012-06-07 00:57
  • 04U@

> In reply to Nick @ 2012-06-05 16:10 from g5TJ - click to readFair enough although my experiences are totally different if you compare it with another regular smartphone. Speed is good and battery-life is avarage good. Price is unique though!!!

• 2012-06-06 09:04
  • n}JS

I reticently bought the phone, so this is what I think:
Rumors are: bad battery, bad WiFi connecting. 5 days of battery (after 3-4 charging), WiFi - 600Mb download speed on free public network,... THE PHONE IS EXCELLENT FOR THE PRICE AND FOR THAT IS OFFERING, you have much more expensive phones that are not offering nothing more and nothing special.
Speed is nice I can say that I was expecting much more sallower, just use GoLauncher or AWN, (just because I like them, and I think that they are much more useful).
Bad side??? AUDIO OUTPUT IS SILENT AND POWER ON/OFF BUTTON ON A BAD PLACE - not practical.

• 2012-06-06 00:55
  • 0U@9

I've tried this cellphone. My friend have it. And I I'm not satisfied. It LAGS a lot and works very slow if you have installed only few applications. The only good thing on this smartphone is the big display. My friend is also complaining about the battery life.

• 2012-06-05 16:10
  • g5TJ

its the best with internet, I love it.

• 2012-06-04 14:25
  • N7DX

Dose it has arm v7 CPU?

• 2012-06-04 10:10
  • 3iRF

> In reply to stombalone @ 2012-05-29 08:42 from HHHH - click to readMy OT995 gives no problem playing music so it must be a incidental case.

• 2012-06-04 08:58
  • n}JS

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-05-28 16:12 from 2C%3 - click to readWhat is the exact battery life( talk time) ?

• 2012-06-03 18:55
  • K8Tn

let me know from those in possession of OT995 if it is lacking individual caller block selection like my OT 806D.

• 2012-06-03 15:15
  • Sbcq

Got this phone to replace Acer Liquid Mini. Been thrashing it for 2 weeks now. 995 is twice the phone for $150 less NZretail. Awesome screen, great batt life and functionality. Good construction - looks like alloy chassis - solid heft and very rigid. GPS with GLONASS is brilliant for nav and hiking. Seems like Alcatel is making serious grab for market share with this one. Excellent phone.

• 2012-06-02 00:22
  • vmKR

I bought this phone not long ago and was surprised and impressed at how good it is, the display is bright and crisp, this phone is right up there with some of the very expensive phones put out by other manufacturers but at a fraction of the cost, well worth the money spent. Alcatel are promising an upgrade to ics later in the year. If they can produce something as good as this, I look forward to future smartphones produced by them.

• 2012-06-01 22:26
  • PZUQ
  • Mr Tool (a sharp 1)
  • Rating0

> In reply to stombalone @ 2012-05-29 08:42 from HHHH - click to readIn comparison to my now sadly dead and unfortunate early retirement of my much beloved samsung galaxy Sll I5510s the alcatel OT- 995 wasnt my 1st option in fact of i hadnt had an excellent sale rep who after a good yarn listmong to me rip out every ph in site until almost missing the 995 then stopping me b4 brishing off the alcatel 995 let me put her personal ph through the paces for almost 2 hrs ... help like that wow myth no 4 real. So after playing with everything found it oddly under rated and superior to many including such ph as apples s4 which was a joke if u want an aweapme ph with easy use great pic sound and video fast minimal lag and cpu (farting) this ph compared to other tested phs exceeding $1300 nz was by way the best in every area . Function and price $399 nz so apple and others what happened your dropping ya game as the 995 is the shit keep it up alcatel i rate the ph overall 9.5

• 2012-06-01 11:08
  • P@xK

is that spb shell 3D

• 2012-05-30 19:15
  • 0TFK

How to set mp3 ringtone ... i open music and use as ringtone but wont work

• 2012-05-30 00:28
  • 0VSV

Is this mobile available online or in India & how about gaming experience is good or what ?

• 2012-05-29 12:22
  • bCbk

Well this is a plesent surprise form alcatel but i dont think id go for it becouse of the experience i had with my other alcatel phones.

• 2012-05-29 10:52
  • 04N4

Hello , how is the music player ? I heard that listening to the music you hear an annoying buzz !!

• 2012-05-29 08:42
  • HHHH
Total of 821 user reviews and opinions for Alcatel OT-995.