Alcatel OT-997D - user opinions and reviews

Alcatel

7.5
7.7
7.7

> In reply to sikobies @ 2013-09-20 04:36 from NkX9 - click to readDid you manage to upgrade the firmware to 4.1 jellybean?

• 2013-10-06 02:26
  • ftV7

I bought this phone in kenya a few moths ago its ok but i had to factory reset the phone twice just because the front camera wasn't working i dropped it a few times the cheap plastic chipped off obviously i even got a scratch the os is pathetic android 4.0.4 outdated and useless the gameplay is ok but you still need to put dead trigger on low graphics to play it the front camera is rubbish the hdr 8mpx camera is a rip off and the Alcatel manufacturers are liars and thieves they said that they will release an android 4.1 jellybean update where the hell is it we are in october the phone is laggy and outdated do not buy.

• 2013-10-06 02:22
  • ftV7

> In reply to SonaRiva @ 2013-08-27 01:24 from NquN - click to readcan you please answer my questions
1-is it only available in carfour rl-oubour or is it available in the other branches (el-maadi or dandy mall)

2-dose they have any other accessories for other alcatel models ?

thanks in advance :D

• 2013-10-01 16:36
  • NXs1

Mine has a problem with proximity sensor working intermittenty. Otherwise it's a fine phone. But I would like to add a point concerning manufacturer's shameful and deceptive communication.

The manufacturer (Alcatel/TCL) did not deliver update to Jelly Bean (4.1) that was promised during phone release.

What is worse, until late September, german facebook profile for Alcatel One Touch (facebook.com/AlcatelOneTouchDE) provided false information about coming update release (that it's being tested, etc).

Finally the whole profile was deleted, and email questions about possible update and the facebook profile are being answered that profile was not an official site and update to jelly bean has never been planned. Outrageous!

• 2013-09-30 23:54
  • JyEQ

> In reply to sikobies @ 2013-09-20 04:36 from NkX9 - click to readhow you use your phone without that buttons and do you upgrade your firmware after root?

• 2013-09-25 07:32
  • m4H6

> In reply to HarTsat @ 2013-09-14 23:45 from 6wNc - click to readgo to settings sdcard&pone storage then preferred installation location and choose let the system decide
by doing this apps will be installed in phone or sdcard according to their importance
concerning the upgrade,the mother company in china answered all our emails with one word there will be no upgrade
for the root,i rooted my phone and remove the bottom buttons and now i have a full screen
to do this search the internet and you will find the way

• 2013-09-20 04:36
  • NkX9

I'm using this phone nearly 6 months. It's good one, but I always have problems with memory. I use 16 GB SD memory card, but often I need to delete some apps for installing others. This problem is that I have planty of memory on my Memory card, but can't do many works. After some apps installing the phone says that memory in Internal is full, but how it was full. Anybody knows how to solve problem?
The second problem is that Alcatel isn't going to update the device to Android 4.3 or maybe 4.2. It's a pitty.
The 3rd problem is that you can't find any root video for this phone!

• 2013-09-14 23:45
  • 6wNc

can someone give me suggestion for d best custom rom fr this phone??? if can, please gve me its link as well. thank u guys

• 2013-09-11 01:56
  • tZ0K

Can this be upgraded to the latest Android JB

• 2013-09-02 14:13
  • ftFr

> In reply to Abdo Elgendy @ 2013-08-30 10:53 from Nqn@ - click to readCall dream 2000 stores where I bought mine from..

• 2013-08-31 18:56
  • Nre%

> In reply to Abdo Elgendy @ 2013-08-30 10:53 from Nqn@ - click to readYou can find it in Carrefour, Select Mobiles, Deltaweya, ..etc
Also if you search google in arabic for it.
There are some sites in Egypt that may help you like mob4me.
I have it and I enjoy it.

• 2013-08-31 00:45
  • Nk20

> In reply to Arif @ 2013-08-30 23:53 from apN6 - click to readI don't care for such update because This 997D is already very helpful.
It is fast, accept many applications
Also it is really reliable.
So no need to give negative evaluations.

• 2013-08-31 00:38
  • Nk20

> In reply to Abdo Elgendy @ 2013-08-30 10:53 from Nqn@ - click to readNever , ever buy this phone , i am using it and it sucks , I hate Alctel, they will never ever Update any phone at all, if your phone is ICS , it will remain ICS . They have never upgraded a single phone one OS version to Another

• 2013-08-30 23:53
  • apN6

Dear All
I didn't find this mobile in Cairo
Please I need to buy this mobile from Cairo if know place this mobile found in it till me about that

• 2013-08-30 10:53
  • Nqn@

> In reply to george adel @ 2013-08-20 22:40 from NreI - click to readIn Carrefour.
The Cover price is LE 29
The Screen protector is LE 22
I bought both from Carrefour El-Obour

• 2013-08-27 01:24
  • NquN

> In reply to george adel @ 2013-08-20 22:40 from NreI - click to readThanks for informing

• 2013-08-24 10:43
  • fk0g

> In reply to george adel @ 2013-08-20 22:40 from NreI - click to readThanks George for your post. Could you please tell me about the quality of calls on your phone? I mean using the earpiece. Any (SLIGHT) buzzing or rattling noise during calls in quiet environments? I just wanna know whether it is normal or i have to send my phone for repair. Thanks

• 2013-08-22 16:14
  • fm4g

if any one in Cairo Egypt need a cover for this phone i bought one from a mobile shop called avocato beside Mohamed nagib metro station

• 2013-08-20 22:40
  • NreI

Has anybody noticed a slight rattling noise in the background of the earpiece during calls? I have this problem with my 997D and my brother has the same problem with his alcatel star. It's noticeable only in quiet environments though. Should i ask for an earpiece replacement or this is normal with Alcatel? Please advise. .

• 2013-08-15 15:35
  • mJDx

> In reply to samer @ 2013-08-12 22:33 from NXre - click to readThanks so much for this info. Really needed a cover but there are none available for this phone where I am

• 2013-08-15 10:34
  • Sbcq
Total of 461 user reviews and opinions for Alcatel OT-997D.