Alcatel OT Easy - user opinions and reviews

Alcatel

6.4
6.5
5.9

My first phone, on late 1998. A real brick, able to cope with multiple falls. And you could use it with two AA 1.5 V batteries if needed.
Some awful usage details though:
- a short press on the red button would cancel the message, to delete the last character you needed a long press;
- both contact names and messages could be written in CAPS only;
- no internal memory for contacts, so the contact names were limited to the SIM capacity: 80 entries and only 11 ou 16 characters!

Nevertheless, it was problably the most sucessful product ever made by Alcatel.

• 2014-11-16 02:13
  • nw6T

oldddddd

• 2014-10-31 03:41
  • 9LAy

My first phone too. I like this brick because I could throw it in my friends without remorse. Works every time after that.

• 2014-09-26 10:58
  • 33G1

i liked it soo much , its my first mobile

• 2014-09-22 11:57
  • uwT{

this was my first phone super mob was bulky but still reception and battery was the best part of it ,
i have got one as a memory

• 2014-08-06 10:39
  • pXjI

Oh my God, my first phone! Thought it was older than 1998. And the weight listed must be without the batteries. It was such a brick!

• 2014-07-19 09:58
  • sptx

> In reply to kidalabama @ 2014-04-23 17:38 from Mfxa - click to readDid you replace the tiny fuse as well, or replace the fuse by a wire? The fuse is in series with the batteries. And there is a diode to be connected too, I remember. It is a long time since I replaced rechargeable NiCad batteries in this phone... we still use it when traveling and keep it as an extra, it is fun to see young people stare at it!

I presume this phone has been designed for NiCad batteries; in case you have used LI-Ion or such, there is a chance that the charger will not accept that. I don't have experience with these batteries.

• 2014-05-06 13:02
  • mKA2

i am changed old battery with rechargeable aaa batteries but telephones charger can't charge. how can i charge rechargeable aaa batteries with original charger.

• 2014-04-23 17:38
  • Mfxa

My firrrrrst phone !! It was 1998.
It was in grey colour.
I loved it !!

• 2014-01-31 22:37
  • 0Zrh

wow .. My first phone , very glad to see again . i got red colour , very easy to charge

• 2013-02-10 17:42
  • Mf5j

You didnt come from Tamborine, did you?

• 2012-12-07 15:12
  • wg{m

This was my first mobile phone! Bought it in 1998 when I was still in high school! Great memories lol!

• 2012-07-26 16:01
  • 33Zq

My beloved! it was my first mobile phone years ago...
it is such a funny nostalgia (-:

• 2012-05-14 08:03
  • TuLJ

I got one of these too, works fine!! But the standby time totally sucks! I got 3 AA batteries because the 'standard' battery was just not working good enough anymore. But when I make 2 phonecalls, 5 minutes in total the batteries are already being low:(

• 2011-02-27 13:18
  • S3Qk

I have one of these phones and it still powers up, was wondering if it would still work? Would be good when away camping

• 2011-01-12 16:08
  • pYJ2

One of the best phones made by Alcatel, wouldnt mind of buying one again, why dont cellphone makers think of making some of these classic phones again maybe with a bit of new technologies like bluetooth camera and etc...

• 2010-10-30 22:45
  • fX1D

Is this a Multimeter or what??

• 2010-08-29 14:37
  • t}9J

iam not see same this phone in my country

• 2010-08-23 22:43
  • LiAC

awsome

• 2010-08-23 15:05
  • n}F%

I had this phone. It was my second phone. It had recharge battery and u could use the AAA batteries aswell.

• 2010-08-12 10:57
  • SgWv
Total of 81 user reviews and opinions for Alcatel OT Easy.