Total waste of money not only is the battery draining quickly but with no apps installed money drains too
Its not a terrible phone for the low asking price by any standards. But you definitely have to lower your expectations. Its slow and gets even slower the more apps you use. So keep those to a minimum. Tye screen is a pain as you have to keep it at a specific angle for the best contrast and resolution. Not a powerhouse of technology. But passable for basic everyday use and web browsing.
It Lost The Network signal when you are using Data connection , and reconnects again
Bought this phone brand new and to my dismay:
1. it lost the network more often than I can tolerate;
2. it takes the whole day to charge;
3. and just a total waste of my money.
Mind you, these problems were apparent immediately after unpacking the phone and I had to return it on the same day I bought it.
Remind me to stay away from Alcatel and tell everyone not to dare.
this is for Alcatel manufacturer or dealer, please i just want to know if this Pixi4 is capable of scanning documents, and how could one access this feature on it?
What's the point having 8 mp camera if its terrible without auto focus. I installed cameringo but not really helping. Alcatel should inform abt no auto focus
Jay, 29 Nov 2016I have the 4G version of this phone, and it does in fact have auto-focus. You might have to ch... moreWhats the use of 8 mp camera if theres is no auto focus and quality is even terrible than the front ?
Dunad, 27 May 2017Da phone is a money saver, bt bull sh*t. Da b3 dies fast n slow wen surfing da net
(da)in another language...?
( the) in English
Da phone is a money saver, bt bull sh*t. Da b3 dies fast n slow wen surfing da net
Ella, 22 May 2017My battery drains very fast.... How long does your battery last? About a couple of minutes
Anonymous, 24 May 2017mine aswell...every damn 2hours i gotta rechargeMe too I'm so sorry I bought it, it dies fast and takes so long to charge
Ella, 22 May 2017My battery drains very fast.... How long does your battery last? mine aswell...every damn 2hours i gotta recharge
Iz, 15 May 2017I just used it for like 3 days.... But the battery had a serious problem... Whenever it dies o... moreNo such issue, mine can charge when ever I want.
Please check with official Alcatel service center.
When you a line n time when texting does it mean the person u text sees your texts
I just used it for like 3 days.... But the battery had a serious problem... Whenever it dies out and l switch it on... It won't be changed! It can only be changed when it's dead! Anyone have the same problem?
This is around the cheapest 4G Android smartphone that money can buy (around $40). The cheapest being the Alcatel Pixi 3 in my country, but that is 3.5" model, 4GB storage, 512MB RAM, 1300 mah, 3G. With just a little price different (top up around 17%), can get Pixi 4, 5" model, 8GB storage, 1GB RAM, 2000 mah, 4G, the 5045T model.
What other reviewer told in the comment are totally right.
1. It's camera has no autofocus, causing captured image come out very blur. It's 8MP camera quality is bad until not usable on today standard. (do we still remember those old camera phone?)
2. Cannot say it has no loud speaker, but it is shared with the same earpiece speaker, meaning the phone ring on the front earpiece, and we listen to the caller sound on the same earpiece too. Loud speaker is not particular loud, but is loud enough.
3. UI is sluggish here and there, the touch screen and 3 capacitive Android key are not very responsive, no back light on the 3 Android key, difficult to use at dark environment.
4. Screen is of low quality with very poor viewing angle, bad contrast, pixel density is very low at 196ppi, pixelate effect not obvious on web browsing and normal usage, but very visible when playing games. However, this phone has 5" screen, quite large and usable, despite the low ppi.
5. Phone charging is pretty slow, because only support 500mah/5V charging(original charger is 500mah/5V too), even plug in 2A/5V charger also remain at 500mah only, around 2.5 hour to get fully charged.
6. No OTG support. But can connect to PC and get detected.
Seems like a bad phone right? Hell no, 4G is quite ok, dual sim, call quality is also good.
At such low price (2 times or 3 times lower than a proper usable Android phone), I can't complain.
Got to set the mindset right before buying this phone, it doesn't has anything that is better than more expensive phone. Basic games like Candy Crush, Subway Suffer and Clash Royal are running fine. Phone can detect 64GB memory card. The included earphone is for basic use, basic screen protector is included in the retail package box too.
All in all, this is for the most budget end of Android smartphone.
Everything on this phone are usable, just that it's specs are on the most low end, and pretty slow. It is the cheapest 4G Android smartphone in my country with official 1 year Alcatel warranty, unlocked, peace of mind actually. Good for those who want to switch from basic phone to Android smartphone, and pretty good as a basic smartphone for those who can't afford higher end phone.
For those who wish to wish to buy a proper smartphone at the cheapest price, recommended to buy the Meizu MX4 32GB, ASUS Zenfone 2 32GB, ASUS Padfone S 64GB, Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 16GB, HTC Butterfly 2, Xiaomi Mi4/Mi4i, Lenovo K4/K5 Note, ZTE Blade V7, Alcatel Flash Plus 2, Huawei Honor 5C/5X, but those at the time of writing, are around 3 time more expensive than this phone price, those are of official warranty. There are lots of grey import out there, which can also buy Lenovo Zuk Z2 and LeEco Le Max 2 with SD820 around the same price.