Exynos-powered Samsung Galaxy S4 gets Android 4.3
Samsung launched the official Android 4.3 firmware update for Snapdragon 600-powered Galaxy S4 model just last week and today it's the Exynos 5 Octa units to get the same treatment.
The first countries to get the update are India and Indonesia, but we expect many more regions to follow shortly.
Here is the complete change log:
- OpenGL 3.0 Support
- GALAXY GEAR Support
- TRIM Support (Makes the device much faster)
- ANT+ Support
- Samsung KNOX Implementation (KNOX bootloader and dedicated application)
- Samsung Wallet comes pre-loaded
- Improved RAM management
- Improved Display colour reproduction (Display looks much sharper than before)
- Improved TouchWiz Launcher (Much less launcher redraws and less lag)
- New Samsung Keyboard
- New Samsung Browser (Full screen by default, new tab interface and more)
- New Reading Mode (Optimises display for reading, used by only a few specific applications)
- New Camera firmware
- Minor UI tweaks (Contacts app, Flashlight Widget, dialog boxes etc)
If you are impatient, you can always download the update and install it manually via Odin, but you will be voiding your warranty, so only do so if you know what you are doing.
According to previous information, Samsung will be releasing the Android 4.3 update on the Galaxy S III next month, while the Galaxy Note II will be getting it in December because of the many S-Pen features that need to be ported.
Love the new 1x1 Assistive Ligh and Active App Widgets :) Hated the unnecesary big 2x1 ones.
- 2013-12-06 01:10
Updated mine s4 i9500 Saudi Arabia
- 2013-11-15 22:46
Guys I can see alot has changed since the update . But whats frustrating me is that my camera firmware is exactly the same . Also my ram usage has gone up alot . Instead of the usuall 1.2 gb usage now it idols at 1.45 gb . This is very bad . Plea...
- 2013-11-15 00:22