Android 4.3 for Samsung I9505 Galaxy S4 now available
We've got good news for all international I9505 Galaxy S4 users. Samsung has just begun to roll out the Android 4.3 Jelly Bean firmware update for the LTE-enabled version of its flagship smartphone.
The first country to get the update is Germany, but other regions will supposedly be joining the whitelist shortly. German Samsung Galaxy S4 users can update both OTA or via the Samsung Kies computer software.
The Android 4.3 update brings quite a few new features, although most of them are part of Samsung's proprietary TouchWiz UI launcher and not the OS itself.
Here is the complete changelog for the update as compiled with SamMobile:
- OpenGL 3.0 Support
- GALAXY GEAR Support
- TRIM Support (Makes the device much faster)
- ANT+ Support vSamsung KNOX Implementation (KNOX bootloader and dedicated application)
- Samsung Wallet comes pre-loaded
- Improved RAM management
- Improved Display colour reproduction (Display looks much sharper than before)
- Improved TouchWiz Launcher (Much less launcher redraws and less lag)
- New Samsung Keyboard
- New Samsung Browser (Full screen by default, new tab interface and more)
- New Reading Mode (Optimises display for reading, used by only a few specific applications)
- New Camera firmware
- Minor UI tweaks (Contacts app, Flashlight Widget, dialog boxes etc)
Naturally, the update rollout process is gradual so you need to be patient. You can also download and install the update via Odin, but you will be voiding your warranty this way.
Currently the Android 4.3 update is available only for the I9505 Galaxy S4 LTE-enabled model running on Snapdragon 600. SamMobile claims the octa-core I9500 will follow suit next week, the Galaxy S III will be getting its 4.3 release next month, while the Galaxy Note II will get the Android 4.3 treatment in December.
The reason why the former Samsung phablet is taking so long to reach Android 4.3 is the huge number of S Pen-related features that need to be ported to the lasest Android release.
where is it?
- 2014-01-09 03:05
when will the official international version will be available as i do live in Egypt and have the i9505 international unlocked version yet when i try to look for the update through my mobile it tells me i'm using the newest version 4.2.2 and no updat...
- 2013-11-22 02:00
How did you do it balods, I am on O2 and would like to update. It woulds be great if you could post the way and where you get the firmware from. Cheers
- 2013-11-15 14:31