Android 4.3 reaches UK Samsung Galaxy S III
The international version of the Samsung Galaxy S III has already received the Android 4.3 Jelly Bean treatment in several regions and now the UK is joining the list. The new firmware is seeding to all the third-generation Galaxy S smartphone users across the United Kingdom.
The Android 4.3 update brings all the goodness that was seen on the international version. Here's the changelog for it:
- GALAXY GEAR Support
- TRIM Support (faster UI)
- ANT+ Support
- Core UI elements get the new TouchWiz look (not widgets and icons though)
- New Samsung Keyboard
- GPU drivers have been updated
- New Lockscreen: Multiple Widgets, improved ripple effect than Android 4.1.2, ability to change clock size and set a personal message
- New Display modes: Adapt Display and Professional Photo
- Driving mode
- Actionable notifications
- Move-to-SD-card feature
- New Camera mode : Sound and Shot
- New Additions in Notification Center
- Tabbed Settings UI
- Implementation of Voice controls
- New Samsung Apps: Calculator, Clock, Contacts, Gallery, Music
- Full screen Samsung apps
- New S-Voice
The software update notification will pop-up on your smartphone and in case you missed it, the new firmware can be downloaded from the Settings > About device > Software update option.
Thanks Jed Spink, for sending this in!
dude i also purchase my s3 in pakistan at feb 17 2014 and i also get 4.1.2 when i unboxed it and in the back it say that it 4.0 version is official
- 2014-09-29 20:13
- Manoj Manu
I have purchased my Samsung galaxy S3 on 17th Feb 2014 in Bangalore India,before i gave any software update the default android version which came while unboxing was 4.1.2 , but i have read in spec the default is 4.0 version.....Can any one tell abou...
- 2014-02-17 09:37
- Muhammad Aslam Abbas
When will the official updates of SIII will arrive in Pakistan?
- 2013-12-12 17:21