Apple iPad Air - user opinions and reviews

Apple

Check Price

Popularity

Daily interest
3.5%
Total hits:
2366406

Voting results

Design
6.6
Features
6.4
Performance
6.6
Votes:
312

Sort by:

> In reply to [deleted post]iPad is losing its sales to iPad mini due to portability.

No normal consumers will give much a damn about 1gb ram, and note that android takes more ram then that of iOS per app. - 5 apps on android already consume over 1.29gb ram, services included.

I think they saw the power of the A7 compared to s800 chipset, they decided its time to reduce the size and weight in this current gen.

I bet they will sell less if they keep the same form factor/weight and have 3gb ram or A7x..
compared to reduced size/weight while having a decent SoC.

The ram is on the chip.. not soldered seperately. So if you see A7 most likely its 1gb ram.

  • Reply
  • 2013-10-28 07:09
  • PGXj
  • R

Am i reading this right


ipad Air spec
CPU Dual-core 1.3 GHz (2013)
are they going backward????

ipad 4 spec
Chipset Apple A6X (2012)
CPU Dual-core 1.4 GHz (1year ago)


whats going on?
ipad 3 spec
Dual-core 1 GHz Cortex-A9 (2012)
ipad 2 spec
Dual-core 1 GHz Cortex-A9 (2011)

well done Apple
.............
iphone 5 spec
Dual-core 1.3 GHz Swift (ARM v7-based)
iphone 5s spec
Dual-core 1.3 GHz Cyclone (ARM v8-based)

WTF!

  • Reply
  • 2013-10-28 07:00
  • 95er
  • U

> In reply to [deleted post]You dont notice anything different with multiple games open on the Note tablet because its constantly slow. Gee I'm glad to be able to multi-task with constant crappy performance.

and yes I have a Samsung Note 10.1.

  • Reply
  • 2013-10-28 05:38
  • 9DR3
  • R

> In reply to Duel @ 2013-10-27 21:32 from p771 - click to readThat's stupid, the iPad 3 and iPad 4 with the 1gb ram if you use it's browser to surf webpages you will know that you can't keep more than a few tabs in the background without it reloading when you go back to them. And that annoys the hell out of me. The whole point of using tabs is to eliminate reloading time and remember your viewing place on the page

  • Reply
  • 2013-10-28 02:35
  • K@eK
  • R

> In reply to Crab @ 2013-10-27 13:57 from 3JKQ - click to readIts clearly enough and adding more doesnt make real difference. If it would im sure apple would have added more.

No-one care how much ram the device have if it works perfectly and you never need to think that wish i have a more memory.

I have iPad 3 and it has also 1gb ram, have i never needed more? No.

  • Reply
  • 2013-10-27 21:32
  • p771
  • R

> In reply to Crab @ 2013-10-27 13:57 from 3JKQ - click to readiPad blows away other tablets in terms of performance and speed.Don't look just at numbers.

  • Reply
  • 2013-10-27 19:31
  • HI8q
  • R

> In reply to Crab @ 2013-10-27 13:57 from 3JKQ - click to readDon't look just to numbers.iPad blows away other competitors in speed and performance.

  • Reply
  • 2013-10-27 19:27
  • HI8q
  • R

1GB RAM ... Looks like 2004 model not 2014 .. LOL

  • Reply
  • 2013-10-27 13:57
  • 3JKQ
  • C

> In reply to jbpianist28 @ 2013-10-27 02:18 from X3tk - click to readBetter power?Are you joking?

  • Reply
  • 2013-10-27 12:23
  • HI8q
  • R

can we use torrent in

  • Reply
  • 2013-10-27 10:31
  • KIfb
  • Q

64 bit of processing capability give you less computing time. Let say a 128 bit arithmetic calculation now required only 2 cycles compared to 4 cycles.

  • Reply
  • 2013-10-27 10:05
  • IWP6
  • U

> In reply to jbpianist28 @ 2013-10-27 02:18 from X3tk - click to readi like the sound of that.

  • Reply
  • 2013-10-27 09:58
  • iA0U
  • R

> In reply to jbpianist28 @ 2013-10-27 01:58 from X3tk - click to readThere's already many apps which benefit 64 bit processor and giving extra power doing more demanding tasks.

Apple just updated their garageband few days ago and 64bit devices can handle 32 audio tracks while others can 16

  • Reply
  • 2013-10-27 09:48
  • p771
  • R

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-10-25 16:33 from XNER - click to read64 bit means the prosessor cam adress 2^64 bits of ram. 32 bit means the prosessor can address 2^32 bits of ram (4gb). However this ipad only has 1gb of ram so the change to 64 bit makes no difference at all (after all it is just a slight software change in the prosessor's cache, which they could have done with the update to ios 7 if they wanted to). However they know there are enough sheep out there who will buy it just because it has this 'amazing' new number

  • Reply
  • 2013-10-27 02:22
  • nFxs
  • U

> In reply to [deleted post]hey try it before you say something like that,,, nokia tablet has full office, a lot more than this and better power

  • Reply
  • 2013-10-27 02:18
  • X3tk
  • U

> In reply to Charloh @ 2013-10-25 16:14 from Nh6I - click to readI know what you mean, people will just like apple because its apple, 64 bit chip is a gimmick, cause only pc with 4 gigs ram or more have them.... This only has 1 gig ram.....
thus 64 bit is fake... Do some digging and you will find alot about the a7 chip being nothing more than a marketing gimmick

  • Reply
  • 2013-10-27 01:58
  • X3tk
  • R

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsround/24659388
Samsung fined for fake comments about competitors

  • Reply
  • 2013-10-26 19:34
  • vjt@
  • R

Hving 64 giga 3rd generation with cellular ipad should i upgrade or wait

  • Reply
  • 2013-10-26 18:36
  • Nknd
  • R

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-10-25 16:33 from XNER - click to readListen toolbox, I am not spamming like you or trolling like you are. I asked a serious question if it would make a difference in the performance, I didn't come here to praise android or any other product, I wanted to ask a question.

You are the reason that I posted the first half of my comment. If you wanna be a doos, then go troll someone else. Don't just spit out trash.

To to the guy who advised me of the 64 bit chip, thank you for that. That helps a lot it makes sense.

  • Reply
  • 2013-10-26 18:10
  • NrK@
  • R

> In reply to jbpianist28 @ 2013-10-26 09:46 from 2CEM - click to read"lol, very impressive design you say??
its the same design all the time, I would buy nokias tablet,,,, looks like a kids toy compared to nokia tablet"

Funny that you actually said that :)

except almost all lumias looks just same and nokia tablet looks same like those lumia phones, you see when you find good design which people love, why change it?

And yes iPad air is definitely best looking tablet out there.

  • Reply
  • 2013-10-26 15:39
  • p771
  • R
Sort by:
Total of 663 user reviews and opinions for Apple iPad Air.