Apple iPad mini 2 - user opinions and reviews

Apple

7.3
7.2
7.3

> In reply to sgdooq @ 2014-03-14 11:10 from syty - click to read@sgdooq Well, I have an iPhone 5 and personal hotspot works absolutely fine with my iPad mini 2 wifii, so I guess it would be the same with your 4s

• 2014-03-16 01:16
  • mNQB

If Ibuy this Ipad mini 2 that is only wifi (with no sim support), will I be able to use net on it via my Iphone 4s? The specifications of Iphone 4s say that it does have hotspot function. Kindly guide me I shall be highly grateful
Thanks in anticipation

• 2014-03-14 11:10
  • syty

what mean battery 23.8 Wh ?
i want to know what capacity like 3500mAh or 4000mAh..

• 2014-03-13 07:46
  • bxde

> In reply to Mms @ 2014-02-28 08:53 from t7Xr - click to readFor Mms..... Cheers to your new iPad Mini 2 :).

I had some comparison checks with my officemates iPad Air. Both Air and Mini 2 are the same weight. He purchased NBA 2K13 and played on it and it felt a little lag. I don't know if it is the app or what because when I purchased NBA 2K14 and played it with the iPad Mini 2, there where no lag or slowness. I tried to persuade him to buy NBA 2K14 to test if it still lag but sadly he doesn't want to buy it because he was not a heat fan hehehehe. Hopily he buys the game so we can play multi NBA 2K14.

I also notice that after the 7.1 patch. The background moves when you tilt iPad Mini 2 (it feels like the icons are embossed on top of the photo background) But that feature is not available in Air. I don't know if there is a settings on how to apply that thing.

Cheers again mate.

• 2014-03-13 01:48
  • Mf7m

I pad mini with retina display is great

• 2014-03-09 05:23
  • utR8

The ipad mini retina is lacking in many departments. AirDrop and Bluetooth do not transfer files to macs, or to anything else for that matter. The screen is average compared to some cheaper tablets, along with poor memory, below par camera and very thin speakers.
Flex ability is below android tablets which means Apple charge more for giving less, it is the old story of the Emporiers new clothes on a corporate scale

• 2014-03-09 03:50
  • sXNg

This iPad is damn perfect.
Im using it for a while and I think everything is near perfect. The display is gorgeous, the sound quality is great, the speed is excellent and more than everything, the battery is fantastic. It will last you 2 days with heavy usage.
If you want an 8 inch tablet, there is no better choice than iPad MINI RETINA

• 2014-03-08 18:53
  • pTix

apple make the best tab.. my ipad mini 2 is better than nexus 7 and samsung tabs which suckks ..
opinion:
if u want a portable tab for gaming, watching movie, carrying it long distance go for it
it has good proccessor and a graphics co-processer
and a 64 bit architecture

• 2014-03-05 15:14
  • 2@e8

been using this since december and haven''t experience any lags even on low internet connection. loving it!

• 2014-03-01 07:16
  • t7}s

> In reply to SCU Iori @ 2014-02-20 09:01 from Mf7m - click to readHello. Thanks for the reply. I already bought an Ipad mini 2 as well, I would have preferred the Ipad Air, but my wife wanted the Mini 2 for its portability. We are very satisfied with it.

• 2014-02-28 08:53
  • t7Xr

anybody using the Cellular version in India? Which service provider are you using?

• 2014-02-24 18:49
  • tUcQ

Hey all. My Ipad Air got an update version 7.0.6 just now at 9.45 pm India Standard Time at Hyderabad, India. It's about 32 Mb size. It's about SSL security certificate update it says.

• 2014-02-22 17:36
  • 7t$u

> In reply to MMS @ 2014-01-30 07:45 from wu4W - click to readHi MMS,

Sorry for the late reply. I don't often visit the site since I already bought the mini 2 and I don't have anymore clarification.

About iPad 4 and Mini 2 (both retina display) overall performance when it comes to game is some what the same. Loading of games in Mini 2 is a bit faster like 2-4 secs against iPad 4. When I try to use my iPad 4, I feel its a bit heavier and I get used to the Mini 2 light weight. I used iPad 4 when I just want to watch some movies or youtube since I will just put the iPad 4 on stand mode. Watching with Mini 2 is still ok, but you will prefer the iPad 4 for viewing.

I would suggest go get Air instead of iPad 4. But if you want portability and not much a burden or eye catching for robbers I go for Mini 2 since it is small and easy to put it on a small shoulder bag.

• 2014-02-20 09:01
  • Mf7m

> In reply to Koushik @ 2014-02-19 04:55 from t1$C - click to readyes u can use sim card for data(net) useage only and for apple to apple facetime calls

• 2014-02-20 05:51
  • sSKF

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-02-18 03:51 from Yct{ - click to readCan i use net from sim?????Plz tell me Sir...

• 2014-02-19 04:55
  • t1$C

bought this just last week. I charge this damn thing once every 4 days? Battery life is awesome. Best tablet on the planet. Everyone around me is buying apple tablets it's funny.

• 2014-02-18 03:51
  • Yct{

> In reply to Sebolelo @ 2014-01-27 12:38 from rvMx - click to readu cant use for whatsapp also

• 2014-02-15 06:32
  • t7XH

This has me worried about iPad Mini 2, WHICH? has done a real life battery test of tablets, and they used a light meter to set the brightness to 200 nits to avoid random results like the reviews here on this site. Mini 2 did poorly in video test, almost 3 hours less than iPad air. I may have to reconsider what tablet my daughter will get for her birthday, seems like its well worth it to spend $100 more to get the Air.

• 2014-02-14 13:05
  • Kg$5

> In reply to nicejun @ 2014-02-10 17:12 from nTSG - click to readiPad air is the best as I'm typying with it.

• 2014-02-10 18:35
  • f09}

hi everyone,i am planning to buy a new ipad.i just want to ask if which is better?.the new ipad mini with retina display or ipad 4th generation?

hoping for your suggestions.thanks!.

• 2014-02-10 17:12
  • nTSG
Total of 353 user reviews and opinions for Apple iPad mini 2.