There is a way to make MP3 into ringtones but they can be 40 seconds max (as far as i know, i havent tried anything longer than that since thats wut i heard).
- Right click on a song in your iTunes library.
- Click on GET INFO,
- Go the OPTIONS tab
- choose start and end time (no more than 40 seconds)
- click OK
- Right click on the song and choose CREATE AAC VERSION
- Delete the new file (AAC VERSION). When it asks to keep the song in the iTunes music folder, click on KEEP FILE.
- Go to your iTunes music folder and find the song you just created (it should be songname.m4a)
- change the m4a to m4r, so it is now songname.m4r)
- double click the file and it will go into your ringtones on iTunes.
- sync and ur done
Anonymous, 01 Jan 1970with that comment of yours, you are pathetic and an id!ot!
had 1 then took it back after a week. keeps freezing and no mms. battery was rubbish too 1.5 days max. Get this if you like handling crap!
Anonymous, 21 Nov 2008Can anyone tell me if the iPhone 3G can use MP3s as ringtones? Meaning, if you have an MP3 son... moreIn repply to: "is it possible to set an MP3 as a ring tone"
if you are a MAC user you can convert any of your MP3s (even a part of that) to ringtone using Garage Band (iLife)
for PC men ... I don't have the experience
Can anyone tell me if the iPhone 3G can use MP3s as ringtones? Meaning, if you have an MP3 song saved to your phone, you can assign that song as a ringtone?
Anonymous, 20 Nov 2008Why OSX is better. Can you upgrade your N95 to Symbian OS v9.3, Series 60 rel. 3.2? Wher... moreIve heard alot about IPHONE but does it support games..i mean 3d games.does the phone have good graffics
Anonymous, 21 Nov 2008i am new iphone user so please can any one tell me how to update to 2.2 ? i have the 2.1 told ... moreStart iTunes, if it offers to update to 8.02 let it.
Plug in your iPhone.
Make sure you backup your phone first (sync it).
Click "Check for Update".
Then it will start downloading the update and install it.
i am new iphone user so please can any one tell me how to update to 2.2 ? i have the 2.1 told when i bought it .
I've installed the update, if anything Safari is now even faster and smoother, there is a Google search box next to the address box, like Firefox.
The stop and refresh buttons are now inside the address bar.
Anonymous, 21 Nov 2008please can any one tell me how do i know the batterie is full charged ? how from where ??? fro... moremm look at the icon battery,,
be4 full the icon is looks like thunder
when fully charge it changes
stonecold, 20 Nov 2008'Interesting, I take it you are using Windows (American technology) over the Internet (more Am... moresymbian is not japan's tech,,
winmo IS US tech...
US tech sux then winmo sux,,
windows too, and i think u use windows as your os??
even linux is US,, get rid of your com and even stop using internet dude its US'
think be4 you talk..
compare pro and iPhone..
pro is a better device for business or adult workers, but unfortunately the hardware is not good enough to support the software,, it freezes lots of time,, although this has been winmo prob for a long time..
have you ever use one??
i've use both pro and iPhone so i know what i talks about..
for me i prefer iPhone since i DONT use the features pro has,, and i believe many of people buying Pro and other PDA phone with their fancy features never really use it
Jaggz, 20 Nov 2008Now I know that the iPhone has an extrememly strong fanbase, and an equally strong base of tho... morerandomly calls people?
try to lock your screen if u don use it,, or u don know how to do it??
never happens with me..
it has the sensor that turn of the screen when you put it near your ear,, how can it happens?
do you really own one??
iPhone 2.2 Software Update
This update contains many bug fixes and improvements, including the following:
• Enhancements to Maps
- Google Street View
- public transit and walking directions
- display address of dropped pins
- share location via email
• Enhancements to Mail
- resolved isolated issues with scheduled fetching
- improved formatting of wide HTML email
• Improved stability and performance of Safari
• Podcasts are now available for download in iTunes
application (over Wi-Fi and cellular network)
• Decrease in call set-up failures and call drops
• Improved sound quality of visual voicemail messages
• Pressing the Home button from any Home screen takes
you to the first Home screen
• Preference to turn on/off auto-correction in Keyboard
Products compatible with this software update:
• iPhone 3G