Apple iPhone 3GS - user opinions and reviews

Apple

Popularity

Daily interest
4.1%
Total hits:
15301772

Voting results

Design
6.6
Features
6.5
Performance
6.6
Votes:
187

Sort by:

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2009-07-04 15:18 from P%nm - click to readalso...i think DELL and nokia are partners in creating the e90 ( as allan have mentioned), which is a powerful smartphone by nokia. Other n-series/e-series may be affilated with dell as well.

  • Reply
  • 2009-07-05 04:33
  • k7t{
  • R

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2009-07-04 15:18 from P%nm - click to readnokia doesn't make computers because it is unneccesary. the n-series can be sync with pc or mac.

  • Reply
  • 2009-07-05 04:27
  • k7t{
  • R

I wish this phone could play video in 16 by 9 like the n97.Thats my only complaint.Other than that the iphone 3gs is really good.

  • Reply
  • 2009-07-05 03:24
  • Mtyp
  • U

> In reply to Zoky @ 2009-07-05 02:58 from Rxx8 - click to readI would say its normal and everything is fine.

  • Reply
  • 2009-07-05 03:04
  • jHv6
  • R

umm my question is on the battery life,
i charged it over night for the 1st charge and the battery still seems to lose charge fairly quickly.
within the 1st 2hours that ive taken it off the charger, its already down to 92% battery life.

is this normal??

  • Reply
  • 2009-07-05 02:58
  • Rxx8
  • Q
  • iPhone 3G S Upgrades
  • Report
  • Rating0

iPhone 3G upgrades to iPhone 3GS through your network.

I'm seeing a few people arguing and being upset with looking at upgrading their existing iPhone 3G to the new iPhone 3GS handset through their existing contract with Optus etc.

Firstly:

Why are you angry about exit fees/upgrade early fees. Did you not read your contract when signing to the terms and conditions. If you did, then what do you expect.

Secondly:

Do you really need to upgrade to the new iPhone 3GS if it really only offers 4 more features that the current the iPhone 3g with the new firmware offers. Ask yourself, do you really need the iPhone 3GS, has it got what you are looking for and need that your current 3g doesn't offer.

Thirdly:

Telcos are a business, like any business they need to make money to be able to keep people employed and maintain and offer you a service to use your mobiles/iphones. Every business has terms and conditions, its up to you to shop around to see what best suits you.

I personally upgraded to the new iPhone 3GS 32GB from the iPhone 3G 16GB as I've always said that if they released a 32GB memory iPhone then I would get it as I wanted this amount of available memory.

I don't think the iPhone is rubbish at all. It offers me what I like in a mobile and the fact now that I can MMS with it, I"m even more happy. The video recording on the new iPhone 3GS is nice too, so thats a bonus for me.

I just don't understand why people get so worked up about termination fees and features on the iPhone when you know deep in the back of your mind, you know all about this stuff all a long. Maybe you need a place to vent and hopefully it works but seriously, stop whinging, you know the drill and rules, get over it.

Cheers

Craig

  • Reply
  • 2009-07-05 02:53
  • 2C{W
  • H

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2009-07-05 00:44 from P%nm - click to readYou will find regardless of which model phone you have with Optus, Vodafone etc, it's the contract you are in that you will pay out early if you decide to upgrade early.

Even you had the Nokia N96 and wanted to upgrade to the N97, you would probably find your early termination fee would be probably more then what they are asking for the early fee on your existing iPhone.

My friend has 12 months left on his 2 year contract which is on the $49 cap with a Motorola V9 mobile, to pay it out 12 months early it would cost him $500, which today is more then what the mobile is worth brand new.

Yes its steep to pay out but all telco's are a business, you signed into an agreement, so sadly we pay these fees if we want to terminate a contract early.

Optus for what I have read, have discounted the termination fee on all existing 3g iphone users that want to upgrade early to the new iphone 3g S, so in some way they are being a little fair.

It will happen again in 12 months when the next iPhone comes out and all iphone 3g S people want to upgrade.

Cheers

Craig

  • Reply
  • 2009-07-05 02:27
  • 2C{W
  • H

I checked out the specs of the new iPhone 3Gs, very impressive. so I bought the iPhone. Then I realized that all the basic features of this new iPhone are useless because the phone maker locked everything. For example, I can't use bluetooth to transfer photos to my buddies phone. Also, the phone has no themes unless I jailbreak it. I can go on and list ten thousand other cool features that the iphone doesn't have. it's too late for me to return it now. i feel like being ripped off. my question is, why is the iPhone maker being such a dictator by limiting the functionalities of the phone. I can't be controlled by a phone. I am going back to my Sony Ericsson.

  • Reply
  • 2009-07-05 02:06
  • Ycp2
  • C

> In reply to David hates it @ 2009-07-04 16:04 from vuNC - click to read"im with optus and im in 1 year of my contract already woo-hoo/woot woot but optus is making me pay a $240 fee, as we so call stealing $240 from me just to get a phone that has a couple of features aka because i want a new iphone early."

So where would you be if you got an N96 on contract and decided you wanted an N97?

Have a cry you woos, you signed a contract HTFU as Chopper would say.

  • Reply
  • 2009-07-05 00:44
  • P%nm
  • R

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2009-07-04 15:18 from P%nm - click to readSomething i read on the net once was some mac users dislike the iphone3g and vice versa.

  • Reply
  • 2009-07-04 19:18
  • IkcD
  • R

> In reply to David hates it @ 2009-07-04 16:04 from vuNC - click to readIf you are in a contract and you want to get out of it early for whatever reason, there is always an exit fee. You signed a 24 month contract, why should you be able to get out of it for free? What you are complaining about is rIdiculous (Lrn2spell, srs)

I am not an Optus fan, but your argument makes me feel the need to stick up for them. I am assuming you are a grown man seeing as you did sign a contract, but how can you not realize there is such thing as an early exit fee? It's in the contract you SIGNED! Networks like Optus and Vodafone (Greatest network ever) often give out free phones on plans, with the agreement that you pay a certain amount each month for 24 months. Why should you then be able to decide after a few months you no longer want that contract and get out of it for free?

  • Reply
  • 2009-07-04 16:37
  • v0gj
  • R

This phone is redicoulous.
Im with optus Aus and to upgrade you have to pay an upgrade fee for a phone that has a couple of new features. What the hell im gonna explode in a moment i swear, im being serious, after hearing about this in the first time of my life. I agree with all of Allen's arguements you go man, your an inspiration, your arguments about this phone are seriously good,and well worth it and pointed at. iPhone is a piece of Sh*t im telling you.
Your just wasting your precious money in this financial crisis. Were not rich as you are Steve Jobs give us a chance mate, buddy, pal, amigo
lmaoooo
Anywhoose
Any bet the sales growth will be much slower this time very slow because of the rigourous amount of money being paid just to upgrade to the new iphone, and Jobs-ey will regret it soo bad.
im with optus and im in 1 year of my contract already woo-hoo/woot woot but optus is making me pay a $240 fee, as we so call stealing $240 from me just to get a phone that has a couple of features aka because i want a new iphone early. if anyone upgrades and disapproves of what im saying, you are making the worst decision of your entire life you better ask for longer hours and more shifts at your job cause your money will be wasted on this thing rather than essentials.
for the people who refuse to buy an iphone 3gs and wait till your contract ends well done you've made the best choice and maybe smarter than einstein himself.
On "You Tube" type in iPhone Upgrade Fees and listen to all the reasonable complaints people think about this "Upgrade Fee".
Its not worth it, companies will keep pressuring you to do it but say eff off buddy
lol
seriously id rather stick with my iphone 3g, the new software 3.0 already has half of those features the other iphone has plus jailbreak to get all those features anyways for free than $34 a month for it.
Who cares about performance, my iphne is never slow only when turning it on and maybe the new one is the same.
People don't waste your money, save your money for a better iphone, i promise you there will be a new iphone somewhere around the corner you've gotta cool your jets and think of how much money you could save.
Remember when everyone thought the iphone 3g is the last phone apple will make i remembered that too. then a year later what happens? a new iphone with a couple new features such as higher camera. next year i can predict a new iphone with 5 mp, improved performance with an intel processor and nvidia graphics maybe and osx leopard, also altec lansing speakers even better,oled screen, 5 inch screen with no borders(scratch resistant, (im starting to love it already!!) flat metallic mirror back(scratch resistant) and more...
but seriously dont bother upgrading or getting this phone, iphone 3gs is for those who dont own own an iphone and those who say that iphone is not a good phone and they want to see their features in it.

  • Reply
  • 2009-07-04 16:04
  • vuNC
  • C

Is it not a basic thing to diferent an item phisically??.
Same shape .neither the back r front specify its a 3gs.!! What hapened
To this apple people. The R and D is that much worst.
A small diffrence in the shape r even the icon can do a thousand things.

  • Reply
  • 2009-07-04 16:01
  • 3sEm
  • U

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2009-07-04 15:18 from P%nm - click to readYes thats right, nokia doesn't make computers, but they do change the designs for their smartphones. n82, e90, n95, n97, n93.

  • Reply
  • 2009-07-04 15:51
  • IkcD
  • R

Criticism leads to anxiety. You guys dont know any idea what a phone can do to you. It mentally affects you on what information you are gathering about a perticular phone. You guys talk nonsence. Speard information of the phone with its likes & dislikes. Dont make a war of it. People really love there phone even it was a Nokia 1100. I really love the Iphones because they showed us what TOUCH really is. If you like it buy them or wait for a new Apple Phone product if you feel this phone just might slip through.

  • Reply
  • 2009-07-04 15:28
  • vGqN
  • U

> In reply to Allan @ 2009-07-04 15:10 from IkcD - click to readHey Allan, I liked my experiences with the iPhone so much I just bought a Macbook and it's great.

Are you going to buy a Nokia computer...

...oh, that's right they don't make them.

  • Reply
  • 2009-07-04 15:18
  • P%nm
  • R

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2009-07-03 19:06 from vaP3 - click to readThat could happen but maybe a rare instance for exploding, but read in this link.It happened to an apple notebook.

http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab...ing-iphones/

  • Reply
  • 2009-07-04 15:16
  • IkcD
  • R

> In reply to Fred @ 2009-07-04 13:45 from kA4T - click to readWell maybe you iphone users can stay off the n97 forum. Lots of you boys are always there, slamming it and making up problems.

  • Reply
  • 2009-07-04 15:10
  • IkcD
  • R

> In reply to Allan @ 2009-07-04 07:38 from IkcD - click to readHey Allan,
I am trying to understand your purpose or reason to being on this thread. It is obvious that you don’t think much of the iPhone, but you spend so much time responding to post here. You see I like my iPhone and enjoy using it; I read the post here from time to time to see if others have found things to do with the phone that I might have not discovered. When I had a Sony phone, I look on the Sony post, LG I looked on the LG post, a Nokia I looked at the Nokia post. It is just irrational that you spend your time complaining about a phone you do not have, to people who have the phone and like their phone. Does this make any sense to you? It just seems a bit crazy to me. When I read your post I am just perplexed? Today I decided to write to you, not because I mind you complaining about the iPhone, (everyone has phones they like and dislike), but rather I am really curious as to the working of you reasoning system and the time and effort you put into posting about a phone you neither have nor want. That is just weirdly strange. Please enlighten me as to your thought process.

Thanks

Fred

  • Reply
  • 2009-07-04 13:45
  • kA4T
  • R

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2009-07-03 12:16 from Bw@s - click to readGoogle Redsnow... You can jailbreak and unlock the phone... It is reliable since it is from the dev team... I use the same software...

http://www.iclarified.com/entr...hp?enid=4302 (link to download the bootloaders and redsnow...)

http://iclarified.com/entry/in...hp?enid=4301 (Link to download the 3.0 software for 3g)

http://www.quickpwn.com/forums...hone-3g.html (Instructions on unlocking and jailbreaking)

  • Reply
  • 2009-07-04 13:00
  • vbT9
  • R
Sort by:
Total of 13572 user reviews and opinions for Apple iPhone 3GS.