Apple iPhone 3GS - user opinions and reviews

Apple

Popularity

Daily interest
2.2%
Total hits:
16228637

Voting results

Design
6.6
Features
6.4
Performance
6.6
Votes:
204

Sort by:

no flash! only 3 mil camera lol and no replaceable battery,not sure but is the bluetooth only work to head sets not phone to phone so you can exchange photo, video,s and music, how far behind the times are Apple! as usual. but i suppose all the idiot out there that go for there image or what they think is good or a cool phone, but haven't got a clue! will buy this so called phone! the Samsung i8910 Omnia HD or the LG KC910i Renoir make this iphone look ancient.

  • Reply
  • 2009-06-16 23:03
  • pKGR
  • C

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2009-06-16 22:37 from pJqW - click to readWhy don't you ask your government, after all they passed the laws which allow it, Australia like several other countries has the iPhone with multiple carriers because of our anti-competition laws.

  • Reply
  • 2009-06-16 22:46
  • P%nm
  • R

Has anyone got any clues as to when the exclusivity deal will end will 02? What Steve Jobs was thinking when he released this phone, only exclusively to 02, i will never know. I've heard rumors that all exclusivity rights will end with both 02 and AT%T This year sometime. does anyone have any clue as to when this might be? I can't wait for this to happen.

It'll open the iphone to real, consumer based carriers such as T-Mobile UK who won't rip anybody off!! =)... Hopefully .. XD

Does anyone have any clue?

  • Reply
  • 2009-06-16 22:37
  • pJqW
  • U

> In reply to oupsie @ 2009-06-16 17:08 from 0mXA - click to readI totally agree with you. A lot of people are impressed with tons of features on a device, and they end up not even using those features.

  • Reply
  • 2009-06-16 21:14
  • jJee
  • R

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2009-06-16 17:34 from qnR5 - click to readThe reason Apple is with AT&T is because its the only GSM carrier in the US to support 3G. T-Mobile US has NO 3G so there's no point in giving it to em; and Apple certainly isin't gonna go backwards in sense of technology and make a sh!ty CDMA version for Sprint or Verizon.

  • Reply
  • 2009-06-16 20:38
  • kNHC
  • R

The iphone is made to be a gaming console and an iPod thats why they have all those apps.The camera sucks so obviously it was not important to apple

  • Reply
  • 2009-06-16 19:00
  • kbhB
  • C

719 euros...

  • Reply
  • 2009-06-16 18:58
  • nbuy
  • U

its nice.but i dont know how to video...plz tell me...

  • Reply
  • 2009-06-16 18:24
  • PA$0
  • U

U know i think phone company should take each person from this forum an let them add their feature before they buy their phone. I think this would slove all problem, who agree or disagree.Me i disagree

  • Reply
  • 2009-06-16 18:21
  • LBH7
  • U

Apple will succes with the iPhone what ever they make, because is Apple! no1 can stop it. Even if there was no update and the others ( Nokia, LG, SonyEricson ) make super technologic phones it will still be the no1.

  • Reply
  • 2009-06-16 18:16
  • 3kgb
  • U

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2009-06-16 18:12 from pJqW - click to readfirmware updates? yeah nokia, samsung, sony ericsson, LG, Motorola, and HTC have been doing that for years

  • Reply
  • 2009-06-16 18:15
  • nxwU
  • R

Hmm. I'm interested in this phone but I really would have to see the performance, what apps are operational on this unit and how well they perform.

I'm also not a fool and 600-700 euros for ANY phone is abit ludicrous by anyone's standards. Wealthy, Middle grounds, or Poor.

  • Reply
  • 2009-06-16 18:13
  • 4xHF
  • U

imagine if apple wasn't going to offer the new iphone 3.0 software to all iphone users. Then the iphone 3GS wouldve been a massive upgrade over the last two iphones and everyone wouldve been rejoicing. The iphone has a great user interface and is really intuitive to use. the thing is that apple didn't have to include all iphone users in this upgrade but its quite good that they have done which kind of shows that it isnt all about the money. That's why it might not seem like a big update. Which other manufacturer has allowed you to upgrade to the new version of their OS for FREE?

the iphone 3gs will be great for people who havent got the iphone as yet and it will be good for anyone with the iphone 3g because of its performance boost. It's all about the internals this time. It's still going to sell out everywhere no matter what anyone says. Just three more days now! =).

  • Reply
  • 2009-06-16 18:12
  • pJqW
  • U

Not enough new features to charge current customers $200 more than new customers. Apple should really have a talk with AT&T. I think Apple will sell more Iphones if they are not locked in with AT&T. BTW, AT&T service sucks! Keep getting dropped calls.

  • Reply
  • 2009-06-16 17:34
  • qnR5
  • C

Iphone is best use for entertainment and productivity.Does very well when opening large PDF file. Very good processing speed and i can say iphone doesn't have a good camera but its good enough to take a clear picture for memories. wanna take a good picture? Buy a digicam instead. trust me!!

  • Reply
  • 2009-06-16 17:17
  • TIE7
  • C

OK, my turn now...
Had all kinds of Symbian and Windows Mobile devices. Just placed my hands on the iphone 3G and really loved it!! just to make sure you all got it right - I can't really compare the iphone to any other phone, because it is completely different than anything I've ever used. For example- HTC touch HD is a business phone with all kinds of features, that I thought that I'd use. Now, after 4 months - I just notice that most of the features I have never started. In the same field - the iphone is 4fun phone. And the internet speed and the reaction time are the best that I have experienced, can't imagine what will happen when the faster processor is released.
Personally, I think that the absence of Bluetooth sharing is a huge mistake. Same thing goes for the GPS, would love to see opened GPS, which can be used with Garmin, without the A-GPS feature, which is only pissing me off!
In conclusion - please do not compare the iphone to any other device - you'll see the difference as soon as you get it in your hands. If you want good camera (I mean for good pictures), DON'T use any camera that is placed on a mobile phone, just buy a camera!
I can tell you one thing - IPHONE gives you all in one - very simplified. If you want to work from your mobile phone - buy a pair of glasses and get the HTC Touch HD!!

  • Reply
  • 2009-06-16 17:08
  • 0mXA
  • C

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2009-06-16 16:13 from P%nm - click to readyou said it right.
n97 is all about rumors then came up short in the end.
its too expensive for an underpowered specs.
i guess antiques are expensive!LOL

  • Reply
  • 2009-06-16 16:28
  • vaPk
  • R

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2009-06-16 16:03 from vaPk - click to readThe only reason it was left out was because it wasn't announced at the time of publication see that's what happens when you are efficient enough to announce a phone then have it ready for release less two weeks later.

Unlike other companies that rely on 8 months of hype between announcement and release, then release an outdated, slow old antique as a flagship.

  • Reply
  • 2009-06-16 16:13
  • P%nm
  • R

> In reply to Allan @ 2009-06-16 11:59 from IkcD - click to readwho cares about that top 100?LOL
do you choose a phone by other's opinion? hahaha!
shame on you! hahaha!!

  • Reply
  • 2009-06-16 16:03
  • vaPk
  • R

Imagine if apple wasn't going to offer the new iphone 3.0 software to all iphone users. Then the iphone 3gs wouldve been a massive upgrade over the last two phones and everyone would've been rejoicing. The iphone has a great user interface and is really great to use. The thing is that apple didn't have to include all iphone users in this upgrade but its quite good that they have done. So really it isn't about the money. Which other manufacturer has allowed you to upgrade to their new version of their os for FREE? The iphone 3gs will be great for people who haven't got the iphone yet and good for people who have the iphone 3g. Its still going to sell out everywhere no matter what anyone says. Just 3 more days now! =).

  • Reply
  • 2009-06-16 15:39
  • Bw@X
  • C
Sort by:
Total of 13667 user reviews and opinions for Apple iPhone 3GS.