Apple iPhone 4 - user opinions and reviews

Apple

As much as I love Nokia, once again I'll be buying the iPhone. The phones from apple just seem to work, headphones with mic and controls work great one of my favorite and simple parts that just work great. Micro sim will make it harder to switch phones I think, probably jobs intent. I like the smaller size should make easier th on hand.

• 2010-06-12 22:04
  • kg5w

for the 1st time iphone comes with odd shape in short no look so dull i think steve job didn't pay attention to design i phone 3gs much better look then iphone 4

• 2010-06-12 21:58
  • symj

> In reply to Allan @ 2010-06-12 21:35 from q{SA - click to readsame as men whats that

• 2010-06-12 21:51
  • iEuX

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2010-06-12 20:50 from t7Z7 - click to read3 things.One would have to be the earpiece.Its a slot.The other would have to be the front camera,its round, my guess on top of the earpiece that would have to be the proximity sensor.On the black its just not visible in those pictures.

• 2010-06-12 21:35
  • q{SA

> In reply to Alfredo @ 2010-06-12 19:56 from LrNB - click to readbut it can run 4g speed data @ 7.2 bits speed.

• 2010-06-12 20:52
  • RbqK

What is that thing on top of the earpiece for the white model? There are strange streaks..it's not visible on the black version. Thanks.

• 2010-06-12 20:50
  • t7Z7

I had previous 2 I phone 3g and 3gs I liked a lot I wish to get this new one previous I phones had a crap battery but they were great,but now I'm gone to bb which is great brand of mobile I'll get also new I phone4 when I get chance and also the best touch screens are made by apple many other manufacturers try to get same but not like I phone touch screen also n900 is having great specs but I phone is the greatest one I'll be soon checking apple store

• 2010-06-12 20:42
  • Qxpq

Apple stores will be super packed on the first day of the iphone's release. I can't wait myself. But I'll probably pre order mine for store pick up. This iphone would do really, really well. Even better than the previous one. And no amount of hating and bashing from nokia, samsung, and htc fanboys can stop this phone. This phone is hot.

• 2010-06-12 20:38
  • FJTg

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2010-06-12 15:52 from pvx5 - click to readMy prior phones had a video calling feature, but was NEVER used either on 3g or wifi. At least with the iphone you can be sure to be able to use it smoothly on wifi.

• 2010-06-12 20:27
  • FJTg

I fail to see the appeal of this phone except cater to you wallet again. To buy this to take pictures..5 Mpx is barely the industry norm when HTC, Sony, Nokia and Co are already working and providing 8 and above .What else..faster processor and that is it. Why even get an iphone.It runs on the Apple OS.you cannot download a lot of unregistered freeware and the cool ones you got to pay 2 to 10 $ per appl. Still trying to figure out for years now..what is good about this cash cow when i can get the same with windows os or android and it will not drain my pockets to try to be cool with my friends. After all who is got time to show off when everybody has nearly got one for kicks. Keep your new toy Jobs and idiots .......ready your wallets.

• 2010-06-12 20:15
  • 4XP9

As always apple is behind on the race but is finally making their first quality phone. with HD recording and resolution. Good job you are getting there after the icrap i mean ipad.

• 2010-06-12 20:11
  • sHqL

> In reply to sephiroth @ 2010-06-12 16:33 from iIR0 - click to readtrue but you can hardly use 5 mp megapixel photos as desktop wallpapers but the satio has a camera better than many stand alone cameras so I still like it much more than any iphone

• 2010-06-12 20:09
  • pvx5

Iphone 4 is coming :-) Dont know why people are talking about the Nokia N8 because not that many people are really bothered to be honest and it's not getting no attention at all so lets forget about the Nokias, sony ericsson and co I really don't have anything to say I won't waste my breath.

I'm looking forward to the iphone 4 because I'll be one of the 1st guys to get hold of the h/set :-) and i'm so looking forward to get one of these wonderful handsets It is truly sexy.

Never been this excited about a handset for a very long time, Iphone 4 here I come and your mine baby :-)

I know some guys on here would agree that it's going to be exciting times when the iphone 4 is released I be the guy sleeping outside the apple store haha It's worth it.

• 2010-06-12 20:08
  • S35r

The Iphone looks nice, is built well, but ht same desgin as the last one. To Iphone FANS there just is no freedom in the Operating System. If some person here comes looking to buy the Iphone, then finds out they can't get into youtube, yahoo videos, BBC iplayer, play java or flash games etc... & the rest of flash enabled web sites. How do you expect people to feel about this.

The only two platforms Apple support are HTML 5 & Apps Store, this isn't a fix for them. What about the rest of the web, this isn't a fix for them either. What about flash content & java content, no fix.

I know Apple will be using Python, Perl scripting etc... but I can not get my head to pyhsically & mentally live a sane life in technology without having this kind of platform support. Who here who love the Iphone actually gets my drift, I MEAN gets my drift?

What is good is that Apple have a huge app store, but how many serious 3D games for serious gamers like me, there are lots of simple games requiring less 3D power, kinda like the nitendo - it's good for kids, family in some ways.

What else is good is that they have finally taken forever to implement an integrated and organized Folders structure. They have integrated multi tasking, copying & paste. But these are millenium old technology done long before. Something which other platforms have supported since time actually began breathing. I can understand why have apple limited video calling to only Iphone 4, it's because of there closed bubble. WHY did it take apple so long to implement video calling, they said it it took ages. How long do they need to implement something as simple as that. Again it has been around cross platform to work cross platform with better functionality or end compatibility.

This is why I sometimes do want to buy apple, & sometimes don't. Because i don't get why they are always too far behind everyone else. If Jobs simply opened up support & made friends like symbian, android are doing, made friends with adobe, flash, Sun Java. Then the world would be a much happier place. Jobs could still have his architecture, & limited closed minded ways. But more people like I would be happy over this.

• 2010-06-12 19:57
  • n5QF

> In reply to Rick(tm) @ 2010-06-11 21:11 from tWiK - click to readI think 4 refers to the fact that this is the 4th generation iPhone, not an iPhone 4G, be aware that it says "iPhone 4" not "iPhone 4G", greetings :)

• 2010-06-12 19:56
  • LrNB

> In reply to sam @ 2010-06-12 13:07 from M3s@ - click to readTo answer about phone get warm, yes I think it'll get warm but apple is not stupid and they are one of the most advanced designer... I won't believe that they make flaw product easily while this is their 4th phone.

Other manufacturer produce a lot of phone types where they could not give 100% focus to one model which I believe flaws start kicks in.

As for 2G and 3G won't be able to take full on the iOS4, it will be the same for Android if it can introduce revolutionary features... Go buy iphone4 if you have the money or purchase iphone 3GS to use iOS4...

I am an apple fan but that's only because they've created excellent products that just works for me. If they starts creating junks, I'll go find another phone (maybe android).
It makes me wonder how people could become blind folded apple fan or apple hater...

• 2010-06-12 19:53
  • uExi

> In reply to Rick(tm) @ 2010-06-11 21:11 from tWiK - click to readits not iphone 4G its just iPhone 4

• 2010-06-12 19:52
  • kx%s

What´s that littlie thing in top of the white iPhone? is the front camera, the speaker, and what else?

• 2010-06-12 19:49
  • P3{r

i am an apple fan boy

• 2010-06-12 19:47
  • ttdx

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2010-06-12 19:19 from sxwc - click to readactually the screen resolution is two times the older res.
Its iphone 4 because its iphone number 4.

• 2010-06-12 19:40
  • nBuw
Total of 19877 user reviews and opinions for Apple iPhone 4.