Nathan (New Zealand), 08 Jun 2010I have to say i have gone thru some peoples comments. I find some of it to be so ignorant. App... moreLOL you can't be serious right? Lemme see iOS4 so they call it looks so plain since the first iPhone OS there is absolutely nothing new it has to offer phone users! What? Multitasking? Blackberry's OS5 can already do that and they're on to OS6! And even Nokia's Symbian has been utilizing multitasking since time immemorial! And I'm pretty sure Android 1.x could do it, too.
And what a pity! Apple renames "video call" just to show they aren't terribly late to the party! And "Butt Time" couldn't even use 3G for video calls!
Look at how simple iPhone's OS is, bravo. But clearly this is the only thing that separates other phones from them iPhone. Every dumb person can use one.
Transferring files via bluetooth is a joke, too. And app store's filled with a lot of other useless apps like 5000 twitter apps 10000 facebook apps 650000 compass apps. And what about games? Helooo remember the nintendo ds and sony psp???
Finally apple is catching up, I mean except for the display (which was more of necessity to maintain easy compatibility with existing apps than of a apple's desire to provide us with a quality product) there is nothing ground breaking in this phone, phones with similar or better features have long been on the market and still apple has a long way to go till it can match the technology of the other phone, I mean say why would you use wi-fi to make video calls you don't get wi-fi in the country side but still i am able to make video calls over the network with one of my old nokia phones (now i have an HTC).
I have only three complaints against the iphone
1) It is 'relatively' expensive
2) It still lacks basic features and has ridiculous restrictions
3) It is highly over-hyped.
(Wow! very creative name! duh! what do you think it will be called)
- they say that this phone has a lot of "new" features and advancements!
(yeah! when compared to the iPhone 3GS!)
- I would have to say that i like the design better with it's flat back and it being thinner, the metal frame frame, and hardened glass as well..
- This phone uses a microsim which will be the norm for simcards in the near future so it's okay.
- uses a 1Ghz processor (nothing new.. ehem! Snapdragon)
- comes in 16 and 32G variants.. (where's the 64G?? and as you may know, no microsd slot still!)
- has a second mic for voice clarity (nice..)
- uses 960x640 resolution screen which is the best as of now for mobile phones.. (1 point for apple there.. but i don't think it will match up with the 4in 480x800 Super AMOLED screen of the Samsung Galaxy S)
- had an "upgrade" to 5MP camera! (NICE!! phones had 5MP on it about 4 YEARS AGO!! C'mon APPLE!!)
- finally placed a flash on their camera.. (not even XENON huh?!)
- can record 720p videos at 30 fps! (DEFENITELY a new feature!! NOT!!.. around 10-15 phones can already do this.. but nice tap to focus feature though..)
- has a frontfacing camera for videocalls!! (WOW!! now here's really something new!! around 4 YEARS AGO!! and their not even ready about it! you can't even make videocalls to other 3g phones!! just iPhone4 to iPhone 4!! and only over Wi-Fi!! Crap..)
- so Applefanboys saying this is or will be the best phone ever?!
think again.. EHEM!! NOKIA N8!! SAMSUNG GALAXY S!! sorry guys. this 2 phones here are much better than your iPhone 4.. end of story..
Does anyone know if the bluetooth on this will be compatible with other handsets for file transfers - or will it just be from Iphone to Iphone?
Andy, 08 Jun 2010I am getting a HTC Desirego get the super super duper cheap htc desire..good luck..hahahha
As Steve said, this is an importand step forward for Apple and retina display or FaceTime video chat are just some of the examples. We made our iPhone 4 preview here, http://www.itsagadget.com/2010...dc-2010.html
Why others hate Iphone.I Love It...
It has the most densed screen pixel count on all mobile phones...Apple rocks..yeah
if iphone4 needs micro sim, that mean i have to copy the contacts one by one.. i dont see any other way,
thats is really crap!
what's worse. Remember that film equilibrium. Being apart of apple feels like that. Like an in escapable bubble, it's restrictions, it's laws boring like minded interests. It's totalitarian society. Theres no FREEDOM. I mean it's not that hard to drive a piece of h.264 flash acceleration code. But it flops on it's belly. Apple security isn't exactly foolproof either.
it has less features than the Nokia N95 from 4 years ago, only its in a cool case. With an apple on it. as long as it has an apple who cares if it's lame and doesn't meet the needs of the consumers
Video calling and a front facing camera? it's like apple's preteding to be that its the first phone in the world to have this what half decent phone doesnt have this and a led flash for the camera ground breaking stuff not.....
the iPhone is like a Toyota, that keeps putting out the same old engine every year with a bit of pannel shape modification and one year, integrates mp3 to the stereo, next year integrates bluetooth. I mean WTF? Can't they do better? HTC's are much better IMHO. Apple is loosing it's unique touch. It's just over hyped now. They have the technology, but just milking us cows with mild updates and making us pay for it, rather than giving us the perfect feature packed phone. Shame on you apple!
Yeah I lOve Iphone application, its so entertain and many htc phone app can't do the same for the app especially for music (wivi band and Bebot robot used for synth).. Iphone are amazing in software...
Nathan (New Zealand), 08 Jun 2010I have to say i have gone thru some peoples comments. I find some of it to be so ignorant. App... moreI like your faith mate.But iPhone is so much interested in software that they have forgetten the hardware.