Apple iPhone 4s - user opinions and reviews

6.8

Still the best phone.

• 2011-11-18 02:22
  • nCiG

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2011-11-17 22:24 from 3YbX - click to readI like most things to do on my phone are:
1.Browsing Internet.
2.Listening Music.
3.Playing games (like NFS).

Which one is the best for me between iPhone 4S & Samsung Galaxy Nexus???

Now I'm using HTC 7 Mozart (Windows Phone 7.5) & I want to keep this too.

Please reply
thanks!

• 2011-11-18 02:09
  • nGyj

> In reply to Moni. BD @ 2011-11-17 21:49 from nGyj - click to readOops sorry thought you had an Android HTC. If you are able to play around with both Nexus and 4S, do so, but the best choice at the end of the day depends on your preferences and what you want your mobile to do.

• 2011-11-17 22:24
  • 3YbX

> In reply to Moni. BD @ 2011-11-17 21:49 from nGyj - click to readBoth Nexus and 4S are great. Considering you are keeping your Mozart, maybe getting the 4S would give you a bit of both worlds, iOS and Android.

• 2011-11-17 22:03
  • 3YbX

I'm going to buy one soon between iPhone 4S & Samsung Galaxy Nexus. Which one is better...???

And consider that, I've already HTC 7 Mozart (wp7.5) & I want to keep this together with new one. Which one should I get...???

Please reply
thanks.

• 2011-11-17 21:49
  • nGyj

> In reply to Callum @ 2011-11-17 15:42 from nGZN - click to readThe Wall Street Journal reports on continuing shortages of the iPhone 4S at U.S. carriers, more than a month after the device went on sale. Carriers indicate that the shortages are due to very strong customer demand rather than any shortfall in Apple's production.

• 2011-11-17 21:39
  • JJsi

phone rocks

• 2011-11-17 18:29
  • utMX

best phone on market...absolutely flawless...FULL STOP :)

• 2011-11-17 17:25
  • L16p

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2011-11-17 15:44 from 3sEw - click to readFinally a great response! I always say each to their own. If you prefer a specific design, feel etc. And you have not argued but simply stated your opinion and why you like the handset. I too like the handset having previously been an Apple user (Currently with Android) and have the utomost respect for the Apple Market. I dont like the design however. I feel it is far too heavy and feels slightly thick. The Gorilla Glass frame is a bit dodgy as well. I prefer a plastic back and outer rim (ie. HTC/Samsung) purely for "dropping my phone" routines. If i drop an iPhon4/4s id be screwed! But overall i like the phone. Its just not for me. But hey, like you thread, each to their own pal :)

• 2011-11-17 15:58
  • nGZN

> In reply to Callum @ 2011-11-17 15:12 from nGZN - click to readFair enough comment, but I guess my point is that you do not speak for all Apple fans to say its a disappointment. Maybe some see it so, but others like me see it otherwise. In the end, its just a matter of opinion. Likewise, I cannot speak on behalf of all Apple fans and say its not a disappointment. In the end, it depends on the individual.

The sales, however, do not match the initial sensationalist headlines labelling the iPhone 4S a disappointment, and now as usual, the media conveniently forget and start changing their tone. I have seen this pattern countless times, and remember all the articles predicting Apple's imminent death in the 90s.

• 2011-11-17 15:52
  • 3sE3

> In reply to Callum @ 2011-11-17 15:12 from nGZN - click to readIPhone fan here, and am delirious with my iPhone 4S, and I upgraded from an iPhone 4. The performance is phenomenal, and camera outstanding. I actually was upset when rumours pointed to a case redesign, and was so happy when it didn't in the end. I love Apple's current 2 year strategy, which keeps models feeling fresh longer. Owners of the iPhone 4 have a design that feels more current, than owners of a 6 month SGS2 due to all the new models introduced.

• 2011-11-17 15:44
  • 3sEw

> In reply to mukilan @ 2011-11-17 15:35 from utG4 - click to readIm not saying it does not rule. Im saying that the 4S is a let down compared to what we all expected. Not to mention Android handsets have now taken over the market. Although Q4 will be interesting because the 4S Sales have been phenomenal and i honestly dont think the Google Nexus (Another letdown) wont do so well. 4S need to sell roughly 8-10 million handsets in the final Q and hope Google Nexus does pants.

• 2011-11-17 15:42
  • nGZN

> In reply to Callum @ 2011-11-17 15:12 from nGZN - click to readActually this is the point which I don't get, where is it that the iPhone 4S is a disappointment? Unfortunately this has been the media putting words into people's mouths, namely Apple fans.

The iPhone 4S is an incredible leap with a huge performance increase, one o the best and fastest 8MP cameras on the market. (won the camera shootout, and recommended by legendary photographer Annie Leibovitz), introduced Siri, which is now changing the user interface landscape, made greater with optimization of ios 5.

All in all, a fantastic phone very welcome by the Apple fans. Please bear in mind that people tend to talk about the iPhone 3GS more than the iPhone 3G.

It will be the same with iPhone 4S, an iconic phone that will probably be talked about in year's to come.

• 2011-11-17 15:38
  • 3JDA

Hey iphone always rules.........

• 2011-11-17 15:35
  • utG4

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2011-11-17 14:29 from 3YbX - click to readIm not on about general sales. Im not on about the greatness of the handset etc. I simply stated that the iPhone 4S was a let down in relation to the expectation not just from apple fans but from samsung, noki, SE etc etc. I dont know why people get shirty about this subject. Are people not entitled to their opinions? Im sure they are. Quote me saying i think the iPhone is crap, or that Apple is poor, or that iOs5 is a waste of time. I never said any such things. I simply stated that Apple has let down Apple fans, whether the sales are booming or not, we ALL know that the handset has been a let down in comparison to other marketing companies that generally meet all ends to really CHANGE and IMPROVE the handset. If Samsung next year released the Samsung Galaxy S3, which they designed the same as the Samsung S2 only with a better camera and faster processer then i would not even consider upgrading. If they release a bigger screen, slimmer handset, update the OS, increase memory capacity, have it at same price etc etc then yes i would. But other then that, no. And that goes for ANY phone. Apple is good, if not great, but this handset has been way below expectation, just read peoples reviews and check up on sites.

• 2011-11-17 15:12
  • nGZN

> In reply to Callum @ 2011-11-17 11:18 from nGZN - click to readInterestingly enough, isn't it ironic that the iPhone 4S IS blasting the market away?

• 2011-11-17 14:29
  • 3YbX

> In reply to Callum @ 2011-11-17 13:52 from nGZN - click to readI'm not so sure I follow your argument. In any case it's actually not very practical to stereotype Apple fans, who are from both rich and poor, millions in number, from over 70 countries. Is the lawyer from New York the same as the student in London, as the doctor in India? To some the iPhone is a prize or reward they work hard for, yet to others it could simply be pocket change.

It would be better to concentrate on what the phone is capable of doing. We can leave the trolling to the little boys who don't know any better.

• 2011-11-17 14:26
  • 3YbX

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2011-11-17 13:34 from 3YbX - click to readNever said they change shirts every time they lose a game. I said even if their team gets relegated or is losing then people still buy the shirts. For example Leeds United fans. In 2004 they were in Champs League, now they are in the Championship and still pull in an average of 32,000 fans every week which is more then my local team (Stoke) who are actually in Europe. As for fanboys, im neither, i am simply stating an opinion and backing it up with statistical facts. I never once gave the 4S a slagging match, i actually stated i thought the 4 was a good phone. I just think the 4S is a letdown compared to all the other handsets out there at the moment. But APPLE fans, BEING LOYAL (NOTE: NOT FANBOYS), buy the product because it suits them. And thats fine. I just simply said its a let down. No fanboys here.

• 2011-11-17 13:52
  • nGZN

> In reply to Callum @ 2011-11-17 12:49 from nGZN - click to readSo you change football jerseys every time your team loses a game?

Anyway, please do not engage in fanboy wars here. Really a waste of everyone's time, this goes for the Apple fanboys as well.

Let's focus on the positive. Everyone should be free to choose whatever tech they like.

• 2011-11-17 13:34
  • 3YbX

> In reply to Callum @ 2011-11-17 12:55 from nGZN - click to readI couldn't have said it better myself. I own the SGS2 and love it, I'm even thinking about getting the SG Note. I think the IP4S was a rush job to catch up on the SGS2 with 8mb camera etc. Of course the apple fanboys will buy and give it praise just because it's apple. My wife likes apple products but I told her to wait for the IP5 which should be pretty good I imagine. Same as the Ipad 3 should be much better than the rushed Ipad 2.

• 2011-11-17 13:11
  • w777
Total of 10386 user reviews and opinions for Apple iPhone 4s.