Apple iPhone 4s - user opinions and reviews

12%

6.8
6.6
6.8

> In reply to Thomas @ 2011-10-19 10:34 from Tr0V - click to readIt's wrong if you said that android needs 512MB in minimum RAM. Android can running well using just 256MB of RAM.

• 2011-10-19 14:09
  • PxBn

Hi....
This phone is very cheap.has excellent battery life.it has tracking and a torch that is shortsighted...... =>

• 2011-10-19 14:00
  • PA8u

It's really a simple rule:

1. I like "Phone X" because A B C etc --> OK
2. I like "Phone X", so your "Phone Y" sucks --> Not OK

It's just common sense. Sometimes, what you say may even be true, but because you start with an insult, a person is compelled to defend themselves. So, watch your language, respect each other, and enjoy your tech.

• 2011-10-19 13:59
  • mTWD

I think all are great phones. If you're someone who already has many apple devices, its better to have an iPhone, you will benefit from icloud, mirroring using apple tv, etc.

Phones are something that we change often, buy an android, an iphone, etc - chances that you'd regret is minimum. I had an iPhone 3GS, loved it. Then got a Galaxy S, loved that too. Now will buy a iPhone again....

Lets just be happy that we have so many quality devices to choose from!

• 2011-10-19 13:45
  • QBHa

> In reply to Callum @ 2011-10-19 11:59 from nIci - click to readSpot on. Excellent post. At the end of the day, when we buy a phone, we don't often think about it's future impact or how the future will change it. We just think, this is a great phone, what we should be considering is the way it will change phones in the future and the way it will be changed in the future.

I own a SGS, but I think you are wise to get an SGS2. It's a dual core processor, that currently doesn't truly utilize it's second processor, HOWEVER, you will own that phone for a few months, possibly years. Ice Cream Sandwich is on the way out and you will load that on knowing full well it's been designed to utilize your phone to it's fully capacity. I hope ICS will be supported by the SGS.

• 2011-10-19 12:25

really disappoint bcause ios5 did not have siri

• 2011-10-19 12:16
  • uNVD

> In reply to Jgw @ 2011-10-19 09:02 from uNVD - click to readNo and not even the telegraph, disappointing all it has is this web radio, it works through this new " Internet " thing.

• 2011-10-19 12:08
  • MwwZ

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2011-10-19 09:27 from mTWD - click to readI'm sorry, look, I'm really sorry but you talk some rubbish don't you buddy? Intel Architecture has totally changed in the last few years and while you are totally correct the clockspeed has remained fairly constant but the speed has changed, don't you realize it's not just 'basic CPU' architecture that influences the speed of a computer. You numpty... SATA based hard drives? SSD hard drives? Increase in motherboard streamlining? RAID technology? Shed loads of things. The way you describe it sounds like you've attended one of your Computer Architecture classes on your Computer Science degree because you sound like a total retard.

Benchmarking doesn't represent anything accurately. It gives a very generic overview of performance. Do you not realize that the overhead of using a Benchmark tool actually changes the performance? If you do what I do for a living, where timing can be a key, a debugging tool, benchmarking tool etc, can totally fuck up a set of results that you need to achieve to hit some sort of required point.
Not only that, you fail to understand that different CPU architectures are generally optimized to work with certain tasks. Have you ever benchmarked a IA64 processor? They have quite a low clockspeed and your dog shit benchmarks would show them to be a naff piece of hardware. The fact they cost several THOUSAND dollars because of the way in which they are able to handle huge amounts of 64bit data totally slips your uneducated Apple loving brain.

Please refer to your books and get down from your high horse, because trust me, there is always someone who knows more about this shit than you.

• 2011-10-19 12:02
  • mX9x

> In reply to Skezza @ 2011-10-19 11:46 from mX9x - click to readNice post mate. I am a SGS2 holder myself and i love the phone. Like you said, its personal preference. I honestly dont think the battery life on this phone is bad at all. I get a couple of days useage out of it including browsing, downloading, calls/texts and skype. My brother has the iPhone 4 and to be fair its too chunky and a bit glassy in the way it feels. Dont get me wrong, its a decent phone, but i honestly feel, even if it were to be from a neutral perspective, that the SGS2 beats the iPhone. The debate could go on for hours but whats the point. Each to their own in my opinion. Both phones are the flagship smartphones in their own right so lets be happy wit the healthy competition between the two, as it can only produce better smartphones in the future.

• 2011-10-19 11:59
  • nIci

> In reply to Thomas @ 2011-10-19 10:34 from Tr0V - click to readOf course, you are spot on Apple Fanbo... I mean Thomas. More RAM does use slightly more battery. You being a self titled expert in the field would know the workings of various RAM types, such as DRAM and SRAM right? Errrrrrrr no, clearly you know absolutely nothing. DRAM actually requires a fairly small amount of power in general and an increase in RAM would make a very insignificant change. Further to your Apple loaded clairvoyant space brain that immediately gives you more knowledge on every subject than anyone else, you of course would realize that one of the biggest battery drainers is the screen, and by that, not just the size, but the pixel density and resolution. Seeing as Apple have just upped their resolution quite a lot, (despite there being no visible change to 99.999999% of the population), there will be a much greater drain on battery from that end of the device. Seeing as I feel like I'm the only one who can be objective on this subject, and not turn into an Android fanboy, I'd like to point out that a device should suit the user based on personal preference and not some quest for social status like this knob cheese Doctor Thomas Cockend seems to suggest. If I was you, I would consider various devices. Small Android devices, midrange Android devices, larger Android devices and the iPhone. Personally, I prefer Android devices since switching my allegiance from Symbian, but that doesn't mean I don't respect iPhone.

As for some of the other dog shit that people are posting, I think you muppets should go and do a bit more research before you...
a) Trust benchmark results.
b) Trust numbers (errr, im stupid bigger means better YAAAAAAAAY).
c) Trust journalists.

• 2011-10-19 11:46
  • mX9x

a) Trust benchmark results.
b) Trust numbers (errr, im stupid bigger means better YAAAAAAAAY).
c) Trust journalists.

• 2011-10-19 11:43

King of all phone...

• 2011-10-19 11:42
  • w46L

Agreed that ios5 do not need that much ram to work..but it could do better with more. especially with a bigger camera, and save ios developers headaches of handling low memory issues.

Generally i am not impress with this phone. only impress of ios5.

• 2011-10-19 11:32
  • TRGq

i have 4s & s2, but i like s2 more, s2 make my eyes feels better, i won't get tired.

• 2011-10-19 11:16
  • 47S}

It has been more than 1 year since 1've had both android phones and iphone. Comparing email downloading in both OS. Iphone/Ipad email downloading is faster compared to android phones. Quite surprising, iphone with lower ram can download email faster.

Unfortunately, I can't use the iphone due to it smaller size and limited video format. Actually I prefer a phone with full PC functionality. Windows 7, Windows XP phone should be good.

• 2011-10-19 10:48
  • tVnx

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2011-10-19 08:19 from Qg{a - click to readWho needs 1GB RAM for a phone.More RAM means less battery life. iOS doesn't need much RAM to work. iOS 5 is really working well on my 3GS with 256 MB RAM.Android needs minimum 512MB RAM to work.And also who needs a phone which is so huge that it wont fit in my pocket. iPhone is the best phone I've ever experienced unlike galaxy s2

• 2011-10-19 10:34
  • Tr0V

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2011-10-19 08:19 from Qg{a - click to readi have used both and apple isn't kidding with their claims. I own a Galaxy S2, and i used my friends' iPhone 4. the i phone is way better. i don't know how or why, it just is. Use it, u'll see the difference yourself.

• 2011-10-19 10:27
  • vGEs

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2011-10-18 02:51 from 2CWQ - click to readi have had n8 and sold it 2 weeks ago mostly because of poor image quality for a 12mp compared to my previous phone Sony Ericsson c905 in terms of clarity and quality of the image when zoomed in. Iphone 4s can't be worse than n8.

• 2011-10-19 10:26
  • p%9B

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2011-10-19 09:31 from 4fQR - click to readJust happened after one day and you would rather post here first before even sending back to shop? Sound fishy to you? It does to me. Apple would replace your phone if there was a hardware defect, as do other companies. And if you really don't like it, you can get your money back.

Lol seriously, its like a bunch of babies in here. Don't you know your consumer rights?

• 2011-10-19 09:53
  • mTWD

its ram 512..... Sheet. Sgs2 is 1gb. But sgs2 boddy is plastic and have some problem. Again iphone 4s is very costly.... So i hope iphone 4 is the best....

• 2011-10-19 09:38
  • uNVx
Total of 10199 user reviews and opinions for Apple iPhone 4s.