Apple iPhone 4s - user opinions and reviews

Apple

Popularity

Daily interest
26%
Total hits:
24286349

Voting results

Design
6.8
Features
6.6
Performance
6.8
Votes:
668

Sort by:

iPhone 5 is taking too long time to release, 12 months has past and they can’t even get the new phone done? Most likely we have lost a great leader Steve Job and get a lousy Tim Cook to lead the Apple. Nothing is so great about iPhone 4S, if you are holding iPhone 3 or iPhone 4 (like i do), just keep it, don't waste the money to upgrade to iPhone 4S, this phone is totally nonsense. A big disappointment of Apple Corp.

  • Reply
  • 2011-10-19 18:27
  • IVCx
  • C

i'm an owner of a galaxy s 2 and its a great phone, major upgrade from my c902.....its the first smartphone i've owned and the only flaw i've found is the battery life.....and so does any other phones has its own flaws, bash all you want on the iphone, even i do so myself but from the spces its really good, woudn't mind to have one of my own

  • Reply
  • 2011-10-19 18:24
  • frk7
  • C

please someone tell me what is so special about 4s that other phones in the market are lacking!!!
they spend 16 months and come up with this ? rather shame, because there is nothing new inovative or exciting about 4s, DON'T UNDERSTAND THE INITIAL FUSS!!!!

  • Reply
  • 2011-10-19 18:22
  • 95Hj
  • U

go spend your hard earned money on a 2nd hand phone possilble the tenth best phone on the market behind galaxy s2 htc sensation and sensation xe lg optimus 3d bold 9990 sony arc s and sony ray all which are cheaper and better samsung is the best i had and will be stayibg with them after high hopes for a iphnes 5

  • Reply
  • 2011-10-19 17:15
  • 3AxW
  • U

> In reply to Ganja boy @ 2011-10-19 14:00 from PA8u - click to readMate, im not being funny, but if you honestly think that £499 is cheap ($750 approx) then you are minted. I personally dont think the price is right as the 4S isnt quite the upgrade everyone hoped for. Should have charged a lower price. Suppose Apple are just re-couping what they put into the phone. But yeh, X Y or Z, people like their own phone because it suits THEM. No one else. So if you love Siri, hit the iphone, if you want free music downloads on Android, hit the SGS2, etc etc. Like some others have put earlier, the phone choice we get now is SO good, there really isnt a loser. But to say the 4S is cheap.......well.......you must be smoking your own name there Ganja, because its not.

  • Reply
  • 2011-10-19 16:30
  • nIci
  • R

iphone...still same..always same!!

  • Reply
  • 2011-10-19 15:44
  • PS69
  • U



How do we really know what RAM is in ip4s because Apple are very secretive with what they do..I think the whole system is using 512MB ram but SIRI is allocated a 128MB dedicated bank of RAM to operate..The only people who know this are Apple who can deny or just say nothing on the subject.Intel show just about the whole story on their chips..Just because the A5 has a spec it does not paint the whole picture ARM is a UK based manufacturer but Apple have designed the A5 chip to their spec ..

Windows 32bit can only recognise 4GB of RAM so adding more will not make any difference,,how do we know that IOS has a maximun RAM recognition of 51MB and thats why the SIRI has another 128MB of RAM utilising the second core on the A5 chip ???

  • Reply
  • 2011-10-19 15:16
  • nFe9
  • U

Funny all I read is people complaining about the price and the screen size and other nonsense..they just mad they don't offer iPhone for their carrier and who wants a brick on their pockets 3.5in screen its perfect sorry ya'll ain't got good vision and even if you don't iPhone offers zoom for the whole iOS experience. Look stop hating buy one and see 4 yourself that the iPhone is the phone to beat. Haters... Oh yeah this is brought to you by a symbian/android switcher. I've never used a phone like the iPhone 4 so responsive. Apple touché.. 600 dollars well spent.

  • Reply
  • 2011-10-19 15:08
  • Ps%%
  • U

> In reply to Skezza @ 2011-10-19 11:46 from mX9x - click to readI like your objectivity but to be fair, the increase in resolution from the 3GS to the 4 was significant and should be visible to 99.99999999% of the world not the other way around. And apple was able ro achieve that and still increase the battery life. I've used android and personally prefer iOS but thats my opinion and I can't impose it on anyone else.

  • Reply
  • 2011-10-19 14:33
  • q{n9
  • R

> In reply to Thomas @ 2011-10-19 10:34 from Tr0V - click to readIt's wrong if you said that android needs 512MB in minimum RAM. Android can running well using just 256MB of RAM.

  • Reply
  • 2011-10-19 14:09
  • PxBn
  • R

Hi....
This phone is very cheap.has excellent battery life.it has tracking and a torch that is shortsighted...... =>

  • Reply
  • 2011-10-19 14:00
  • PA8u
  • U

It's really a simple rule:

1. I like "Phone X" because A B C etc --> OK
2. I like "Phone X", so your "Phone Y" sucks --> Not OK

It's just common sense. Sometimes, what you say may even be true, but because you start with an insult, a person is compelled to defend themselves. So, watch your language, respect each other, and enjoy your tech.

  • Reply
  • 2011-10-19 13:59
  • mTWD
  • U

I think all are great phones. If you're someone who already has many apple devices, its better to have an iPhone, you will benefit from icloud, mirroring using apple tv, etc.

Phones are something that we change often, buy an android, an iphone, etc - chances that you'd regret is minimum. I had an iPhone 3GS, loved it. Then got a Galaxy S, loved that too. Now will buy a iPhone again....

Lets just be happy that we have so many quality devices to choose from!

  • Reply
  • 2011-10-19 13:45
  • QBHa
  • H

> In reply to Callum @ 2011-10-19 11:59 from nIci - click to readSpot on. Excellent post. At the end of the day, when we buy a phone, we don't often think about it's future impact or how the future will change it. We just think, this is a great phone, what we should be considering is the way it will change phones in the future and the way it will be changed in the future.

I own a SGS, but I think you are wise to get an SGS2. It's a dual core processor, that currently doesn't truly utilize it's second processor, HOWEVER, you will own that phone for a few months, possibly years. Ice Cream Sandwich is on the way out and you will load that on knowing full well it's been designed to utilize your phone to it's fully capacity. I hope ICS will be supported by the SGS.

  • Reply
  • 2011-10-19 12:25
  • mX9x
  • R

really disappoint bcause ios5 did not have siri

  • Reply
  • 2011-10-19 12:16
  • uNVD
  • C

> In reply to Jgw @ 2011-10-19 09:02 from uNVD - click to readNo and not even the telegraph, disappointing all it has is this web radio, it works through this new " Internet " thing.

  • Reply
  • 2011-10-19 12:08
  • MwwZ
  • R

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2011-10-19 09:27 from mTWD - click to readI'm sorry, look, I'm really sorry but you talk some rubbish don't you buddy? Intel Architecture has totally changed in the last few years and while you are totally correct the clockspeed has remained fairly constant but the speed has changed, don't you realize it's not just 'basic CPU' architecture that influences the speed of a computer. You numpty... SATA based hard drives? SSD hard drives? Increase in motherboard streamlining? RAID technology? Shed loads of things. The way you describe it sounds like you've attended one of your Computer Architecture classes on your Computer Science degree because you sound like a total retard.

Benchmarking doesn't represent anything accurately. It gives a very generic overview of performance. Do you not realize that the overhead of using a Benchmark tool actually changes the performance? If you do what I do for a living, where timing can be a key, a debugging tool, benchmarking tool etc, can totally fuck up a set of results that you need to achieve to hit some sort of required point.
Not only that, you fail to understand that different CPU architectures are generally optimized to work with certain tasks. Have you ever benchmarked a IA64 processor? They have quite a low clockspeed and your dog shit benchmarks would show them to be a naff piece of hardware. The fact they cost several THOUSAND dollars because of the way in which they are able to handle huge amounts of 64bit data totally slips your uneducated Apple loving brain.

Please refer to your books and get down from your high horse, because trust me, there is always someone who knows more about this shit than you.

  • Reply
  • 2011-10-19 12:02
  • mX9x
  • R

> In reply to Skezza @ 2011-10-19 11:46 from mX9x - click to readNice post mate. I am a SGS2 holder myself and i love the phone. Like you said, its personal preference. I honestly dont think the battery life on this phone is bad at all. I get a couple of days useage out of it including browsing, downloading, calls/texts and skype. My brother has the iPhone 4 and to be fair its too chunky and a bit glassy in the way it feels. Dont get me wrong, its a decent phone, but i honestly feel, even if it were to be from a neutral perspective, that the SGS2 beats the iPhone. The debate could go on for hours but whats the point. Each to their own in my opinion. Both phones are the flagship smartphones in their own right so lets be happy wit the healthy competition between the two, as it can only produce better smartphones in the future.

  • Reply
  • 2011-10-19 11:59
  • nIci
  • R

> In reply to Thomas @ 2011-10-19 10:34 from Tr0V - click to readOf course, you are spot on Apple Fanbo... I mean Thomas. More RAM does use slightly more battery. You being a self titled expert in the field would know the workings of various RAM types, such as DRAM and SRAM right? Errrrrrrr no, clearly you know absolutely nothing. DRAM actually requires a fairly small amount of power in general and an increase in RAM would make a very insignificant change. Further to your Apple loaded clairvoyant space brain that immediately gives you more knowledge on every subject than anyone else, you of course would realize that one of the biggest battery drainers is the screen, and by that, not just the size, but the pixel density and resolution. Seeing as Apple have just upped their resolution quite a lot, (despite there being no visible change to 99.999999% of the population), there will be a much greater drain on battery from that end of the device. Seeing as I feel like I'm the only one who can be objective on this subject, and not turn into an Android fanboy, I'd like to point out that a device should suit the user based on personal preference and not some quest for social status like this knob cheese Doctor Thomas Cockend seems to suggest. If I was you, I would consider various devices. Small Android devices, midrange Android devices, larger Android devices and the iPhone. Personally, I prefer Android devices since switching my allegiance from Symbian, but that doesn't mean I don't respect iPhone.

As for some of the other dog shit that people are posting, I think you muppets should go and do a bit more research before you...
a) Trust benchmark results.
b) Trust numbers (errr, im stupid bigger means better YAAAAAAAAY).
c) Trust journalists.

  • Reply
  • 2011-10-19 11:46
  • mX9x
  • R

> In reply to Thomas @ 2011-10-19 10:34 from Tr0V - click to readOf course, you are spot on Apple Fanbo... I mean Thomas. More RAM does use slightly more battery. You being a self titled expert in the field would know the workings of various RAM types, such as DRAM and SRAM right? Errrrrrrr no, clearly you know absolutely nothing. DRAM actually requires a fairly small amount of power in general and an increase in RAM would make a very insignificant change. Further to your Apple loaded clairvoyant space brain that immediately gives you more knowledge on every subject than anyone else, you of course would realize that one of the biggest battery drainers is the screen, and by that, not just the size, but the pixel density and resolution. Seeing as Apple have just upped their resolution quite a lot, (despite there being no visible change to 99.999999% of the population), there will be a much greater drain on battery from that end of the device. Seeing as I feel like I'm the only one who can be objective on this subject, and not turn into an Android fanboy, I'd like to point out that a device should suit the user based on personal preference and not some quest for social status like this knob cheese Doctor Thomas Cockend seems to suggest. If I was you, I would consider various devices. Small Android devices, midrange Android devices, larger Android devices and the iPhone. Personally, I prefer Android devices since switching my allegiance from Symbian, but that doesn't mean I don't respect iPhone.

As for some of the other dog shit that people are posting, I think you muppets should go and do a bit more research before you...
a) Trust benchmark results.
b) Trust numbers (errr, im stupid bigger means better YAAAAAAAAY).
c) Trust journalists.

  • Reply
  • 2011-10-19 11:43
  • mX9x
  • R
Sort by:
Total of 10508 user reviews and opinions for Apple iPhone 4s.