Apple iPhone 4s - user opinions and reviews

Apple

Popularity

Daily interest
28%
Total hits:
24723698

Voting results

Design
6.8
Features
6.6
Performance
6.8
Votes:
675

Sort by:

What about the RAM?? I guess its still 512mb...

  • Reply
  • 2011-10-11 00:00
  • nmJm
  • Q

> In reply to goodone @ 2011-10-10 20:41 from q8TR - click to readSo you base your decision on 512Mb RAM,,how silly of you is all i have to say to that.

Mac os Lion has been run on an Atom proccessor is such a lightweight O/S so 512MB of ram on the iphone 4s equates to about 4GB of RAM on an sgs2.Cant comment on Meego yet altho its a powerfull computing platform.

  • Reply
  • 2011-10-10 23:54
  • nF{b
  • R

but....will it blend?

  • Reply
  • 2011-10-10 22:45
  • 0UgK
  • U

Why there is no RAM in specifications? Is it because there are only 512MB and they are ashamed to show it? For me it is a deal braker! What is apple think? They probably laughing on the way to the banks!!! I am getting Nokia N9 at least it has true multitasking and 1GM RAM. Thank you very much!!!

  • Reply
  • 2011-10-10 20:41
  • q8TR
  • C

> In reply to wassas @ 2011-10-10 10:35 from mIfS - click to readYou are funny...lol

  • Reply
  • 2011-10-10 20:41
  • 0Bqx
  • R

> In reply to Duel @ 2011-10-10 15:42 from p77p - click to readWhat do you expect??? 4S has much more powerful NEWER Dual GPU Graphics PowerVR SGX543MP2. Where are you coming from. Samsung Galaxy SII has single core GPU ARM Mali-400MP GPU. The Samsung has a Exynos 4210 SoC, which contains a 1.2GHz Cortex-A9 dual-core which in terms of raw processing power is ahead of the 4S has a A5 SoC consists of a Cortex-A9 dual core 1GHz...

You That score is mighty impressive for GSII. If GSII had the same GPU as the 4S it would trump the 4S. Besides the nexus prime is coming soon with an already better exinos chipset over Apples A5 & it will have the better dual GPU over the 4S, plus it will have the larger SUPER AMOLED PLUS 1280x720P pixels. I am telling you that you were not being very fair with the benchmark results in your stupid statistical analysis is not helping to explain the REASON to both Android user or Apple Users. Therefore I reason as you being an APPLE BIASED fanboy.

Apparently apple talks raw performance over android fans specs sheets. Well err, no apple users find out the real truth why. Only because it has a better GPU. Come on, this is ignorant insult & completely unfair comparison - the two technologies. It should not have been done. I am outraged by you doing this. lol

Seriously.

  • Reply
  • 2011-10-10 20:12
  • n5QF
  • R

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2011-10-10 19:43 from pRDH - click to readExcept for choppy video recording and poor mocrophones and tinny weedy speakers..When HTC after years of this finally get round to upgrading these components then come back with an argument..Every rudy time HTC bring out a phone their componemts are shoddy,,most think they bought a shedload of these shoddy substandard components and are working their way through them..

  • Reply
  • 2011-10-10 20:11
  • nF{b
  • R

I have always been an iPhone lover and have in thenpast bought all the iPhones when they came out till the iPhone 4s. I also admit that some of the things iPhone lacked were standard on a lot of other phones. To me the iPhone 4s is a no go for several reasons but the main one is the screen size which I was hoping it would be larger and the choice of amazing phones out there now. I have also bought quite a lot of HTC phones in the past and got bored cause of thenamount of htc phones that were released all being the same. I finally went and got the htc sensation xe and I have to saynit has everything I am looking for in a phone which I believe truly surpasses the new iPhone 4s

  • Reply
  • 2011-10-10 19:43
  • pRDH
  • U

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2011-10-10 16:37 from JJt2 - click to readYes, lots of people had pre-ordered iphone 4s. Record breaker... Last chance to get hold on to Steve Jobs baby. Iphone 5 will be remembered as post Jobs era.

  • Reply
  • 2011-10-10 18:53
  • t7C5
  • R

> In reply to Duel @ 2011-10-10 15:42 from p77p - click to readThat benchmark is first firmware as well,,as apple tweak and learn from this they can only improve then benchmark further..Now sgs2 fans will say overclock the sgs2 but you cannot throw power at an inefficient unstable OS..

  • Reply
  • 2011-10-10 17:35
  • nF{b
  • R

who needs OUTDATED flash when we have HTML5

  • Reply
  • 2011-10-10 16:57
  • 7tD}
  • U

Bit by bit truth is coming out. iPhone 4S benchmarks smokes SGS2. One of the smoothest most powerful smartphones, with a killer user interface. Can't wait for my iPhone 4S!

  • Reply
  • 2011-10-10 16:56
  • 3Ybw
  • U

> In reply to Banati @ 2011-10-09 22:55 from f49K - click to readmr Banati have u upgrated ur contact???

  • Reply
  • 2011-10-10 16:53
  • Mfx{
  • R

apple gives atleast one A grade feature in new iphones. This time they have included the voise based os. The phone can be operated by speaking commands. The software is very smart and it gets all the words correctly. So it is a last and latest generation smartphone.

  • Reply
  • 2011-10-10 16:46
  • 7tCc
  • U

> In reply to wassas @ 2011-10-10 10:35 from mIfS - click to readWhat you say is cent percent true. Why do you still have to buy an Apple? Go for SG2.

  • Reply
  • 2011-10-10 16:46
  • fCUg
  • R

> In reply to Corratec @ 2011-10-10 14:54 from IVJZ - click to readApple Inc. (AAPL) received more than one million pre-orders for the iPhone 4S in a single day, 67 percent more than for the previous version of the device.
And YES without flash !

  • Reply
  • 2011-10-10 16:37
  • JJt2
  • R

> In reply to Gaurav @ 2011-10-10 09:41 from YQqG - click to readyes it is a 24mnths contract.....

  • Reply
  • 2011-10-10 15:46
  • vGFW
  • R

First benchmark, a BrowserMark score of 89567. For comparison, it appears that the BrowserMark score for an iPhone 4 running iOS 5 is 44856, so the new iPhone 4S benches twice as fast in the browser. Galaxy s2 got 50504.

Also sunspider test: iPhone 4S 2222,1ms, galaxy s2 4338 (lower is better)

So what was already clear for everyone else than galaxy s2 specs fanboys, iPhone 4s is much faster than galaxy s2 :)

  • Reply
  • 2011-10-10 15:42
  • p77p
  • U

Guys to be honest, i love apple, but one of the simple things that upset me about this phone is,they dont even support adoble flash player on the web browser,sucks

  • Reply
  • 2011-10-10 14:54
  • IVJZ
  • U

Even though it looks the same, its literally a generation apart. The SGX543 is orgasmically superior to the chipset used in the regular iPhone 4.
Running at the iPhone 4's resolution, could be a monster combination in terms of performnace.

  • Reply
  • 2011-10-10 14:33
  • Rn@h
  • C
Sort by:
Total of 10551 user reviews and opinions for Apple iPhone 4s.