Apple iPhone 5 - user opinions and reviews

Apple

Just finished watching an episode of The Simpsons on Channel 4+1 and ended with a scene in the future showing iPods taking over the world and whipping people for no reason.
And I just thought it was funny because I genuinely believe Apple is bent on world domination.

• 2012-09-21 20:30
  • 3Jn}

> In reply to ronny @ 2012-09-21 16:26 from P$uD - click to readumm, dude no one cares ok? This phone is meant to be commemted by ppl that are intrested in the phone,so plz dnt comment on smtin u dnt care abt k ?

• 2012-09-21 20:30
  • 3IJ0

though its an iphone but predicting its price in india i would prefer buying a notebook at that price or a low end motorbike or pay my semester fees.

• 2012-09-21 20:28
  • t}RD

i wanna buy in emis for 8 months pls chk and do nedful i love iphone 5

• 2012-09-21 20:23
  • utFd

> In reply to Parker. @ 2012-09-21 20:13 from 3Jn} - click to readBOTH maps will be available to users, only that Apple Maps will be default. I'm not angry at all, in fact I'm happy as now I have the choice of two great map apps.

• 2012-09-21 20:22
  • PG5Y

> In reply to Parker. @ 2012-09-21 20:13 from 3Jn} - click to readYou can still have google maps no problem if you like old fashion

• 2012-09-21 20:19
  • JJsi

lolz.. Im still using a nokia 5110, still in good condition. hahaha!

i updated my itouch 4G, the MAPS? wew.. not even working. wont locate me. bshit update with the maps.

• 2012-09-21 20:17
  • FMYK

> In reply to Parker. @ 2012-09-21 19:48 from 3Jn} - click to readApple is four times the market cap of Google 120 billion cash reserves, do you think try can afford to to their own better street view?

• 2012-09-21 20:16
  • JJsi

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-09-21 20:08 from PG5Y - click to readNothing wrong with Apple having a crack at doing it theirself but removing Google Maps which is by far the best does nothing but pee off its customers by not letting them have options after years of having Google Maps and Street View.

• 2012-09-21 20:13
  • 3Jn}

> In reply to Parker. @ 2012-09-21 20:04 from 3Jn} - click to readGoogle has Google maps on Android phones, what's wrong with Apple having its own maps on Apple phones if it has the capability?

Anyway, Android Authority has released SGS3 vs iPhone 5 drop test:

• 2012-09-21 20:08
  • PG5Y

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-09-21 19:58 from PG5Y - click to readIt looks like Apple are actually trying to stop having Google products on their phones and use their own mediocre undeveloped versions of them even though customers want it, so looks like Apple only want to do what's best for them and not what's best for the customers.

• 2012-09-21 20:04
  • 3Jn}

> In reply to Parker. @ 2012-09-21 19:48 from 3Jn} - click to readExcept that we will also get Google Maps. Google has already submitted and waiting for the app to be approved. So for flyover I could use Apple maps, but if I wanted Street View I will use Google Maps.

The difference now is that iPhone users will have a choice and not be forced to use Google Maps as default like before.

• 2012-09-21 19:58
  • PG5Y

Apples iPhone 5 hasn't turned out to be the greatest of all on the first day of use for me(Australian customer)

It has quite a few software issues
1:being receiving other people's conversations

2:if you are operating on the same iTunes account and you download an app it will install on the other iPhone 5,

3: the passcode will not set even though it does say it has set in settings it still continues to unlock like normal with no pass code

These are only a few of the issues my friends and I have faced today with the iPhone 5,

Apple are starting to make me think they are shit!!,

• 2012-09-21 19:56
  • X3tX

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-09-21 19:43 from PG5Y - click to readStill no Street view though.
So even if in a few years the navigation does get a miniscule amount better than Google Maps it will always be second best because unless Apple sends their own camera cars all over the world they'll never have it.

• 2012-09-21 19:48
  • 3Jn}

iOS 6 Maps is crowd sourced and will improve rapidly with millions of users.

Just in case, here's how to add/suggest a location in iOS 6 maps:

1. Launch Maps from the Home screen.
2. Tap the page curl at the bottom right.
3. Tap the text that says Report a Problem above the Print button, middle right.
4. Tap location is missing.
5. Tap Next.
6. Drag the purple pin to the right location on the map.
7. Enter the location information.
8. Tap Send.
9. Add any comments, if asked.

• 2012-09-21 19:43
  • PG5Y

Maybe this is going to sound like a silly question to most people, but I'm curious and I wanna be sure: does the Calendar icon on iOS correspond to the actual date on the day? I use android so I really don't know. But so far in all the iPhone5 hands-on pictures I've seen, the date and day seem to correspond to when the photos were taken. PLEASE I don't need a bunch of iPhone haters pointing out that android is "better" because it has widgets blah blah blah. I have an Optimus Black already so I know. I just need a simple answer from REAL iPhone users. No Trolling.

• 2012-09-21 19:27
  • fmWh

> In reply to Parker. @ 2012-09-21 19:03 from 39x% - click to readParker you are ignorant as usual
Apple maps is cloud based and in a couple of weeks million of users are going to automatically provide all of the references to make it work perfectly unlike Google obsolete maps

This is the disappointing result for the time being:

I know that you're excited to get your new iPhone 5 and you can be sure we are as excited to sell it to you. Unfortunately, as of the night before the official launch, Best Buy® has not received enough of the specific model phone you ordered, and we will not have it available on launch day. You can be certain that we are working very hard to get you, as quickly as possible, the exact iPhone 5 model you pre-ordered. It could take as long as 28 days to find the iPhone you want. However, there is no doubt that the fact you pre-ordered a phone from Best Buy means you will be able to buy it before any consumer trying to find one on their own.

• 2012-09-21 19:14
  • JJsi

It looks like Apple maps have become the best advert ever made for Google Maps and Android phones, because the amount of fuel you'll burn getting lost using it you just won't have any money left to be ripped off by Apple and have to turn to Android for something that actually works.

• 2012-09-21 19:03
  • 39x%

One bad apple.

• 2012-09-21 18:58
  • 39x%

specially designed for people thew would like to waste their money !. sorry but its the truth.

• 2012-09-21 18:46
  • fkIp
Total of 13563 user reviews and opinions for Apple iPhone 5.