Apple iPhone 5 - user opinions and reviews

Apple

> In reply to iSJ5 @ 2012-09-15 15:57 from t7Xk - click to readSorry listen to the official presentation
Thinnest smartphone

• 2012-09-15 16:04
  • JJsi

> In reply to Parker. @ 2012-09-15 15:58 from 39x% - click to readnope. once upon a time, iphone 4 was fresh, i was imagining, i wish apple start doing automotive industry. you got what i mean, i used iphone. it was perfect. they have the technology, but this is not a good policy enough.. wish you got.

• 2012-09-15 16:04
  • piHj

All iPhones look desame, like nothing changed.

• 2012-09-15 16:03
  • t7Xr

> In reply to bappy @ 2012-09-15 14:21 from fxHc - click to readand you just came back from future to make such statement that IP5 is going to be the fatest?

• 2012-09-15 16:00
  • RTp9

> In reply to mehmetali @ 2012-09-15 15:50 from piHj - click to readI know it's truly astonishing how narrow minded he is and how he's convinced Apple are perfect and constantly calls every Android a plastic copy.
Just give it a few more days and you'll realise it's completely impossible to have an intelligent discussion with him. And he once called me a terrorist because I disagreed with him and said I should be reported to the FBI.

• 2012-09-15 15:58
  • 39x%

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-09-15 15:44 from vMew - click to readthinnest "iphone" not "smartphone"! something wrong with that news my friend!

• 2012-09-15 15:57
  • t7Xk

> In reply to [deleted post]remember nokia, and imagine the apple mobile's future...
and, my comments limited with your brains imagine, now im sure ;) be polite.

• 2012-09-15 15:50
  • piHj

A massive let down, there is a few phones already better and more powerful than this.Yet apple still want to charge ridiculous amounts.

• 2012-09-15 15:47
  • mytg

In early benchmarks performed by tech sites such as AnandTech and PCMag, the S4 Pro, despite being clocked at the same 1.5GHz, smokes every competitor — except the iPad 3′s A5X. In graphics benchmarks, the new Adreno 320 GPU is twice as fast as its predecessor, the Adreno 225 (found in the S4 Plus). The Adreno 320 still loses out to the A5X’s quad-core PowerVR SGX 543MP4 in most benchmarks, but it beats Tegra 3 and Exynos 4 (Mali 400) comfortably.

The dual-core S4 was already giving the quad-core Tegra 3 and Samsung Exynos 4 chips a run for their money — and now, with four cores and the Adreno 320 GPU, Nvidia and Samsung have been left in the dust. For the most part, this is entirely down to the fact that Qualcomm’s Snapdragon S4 uses the Cortex-A15-esque Krait core, which is miles ahead of the Cortex-A9 core used by every other ARM smartphone SoC on the market.

So, when Apple A5X-processor matches the quad-core Snapdragon S4, now the A6 with ARM cortex A15 architecture will leave everything else in the dust.

• 2012-09-15 15:44
  • t}J4

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-09-15 15:39 from JJsi - click to readlol u guys crack me up..
Gsma article titled 'Apple says iPhone 5 is the thinnest smartphone in the world, turns out it isn’t'...

• 2012-09-15 15:44
  • vMew

> In reply to ricky steele @ 2012-09-15 14:54 from t}80 - click to readyes ...............you are correct man.so true.....

• 2012-09-15 15:43
  • ter$

Processor: why would you care the number of cores, architecture, etc if it just works with no lag? I hope you don't buy a phone just to run benchmarks.

RAM: The way IOS implements multitasking by suspending apps, not as much ram is required. Android offers multitasking with the apps actually running, so more RAM. So why it all depends on the OS. (ie, why Microsoft Windows requires much higher spec than Linux? They're just different)

Size: If you just want it big, why do you think Galaxy note is too big? I do like being able to do things single-handedly. If size is everything, don't use a phone, use a galaxy tab.

Screen: I hope you're not buying a phone just to stare at the screen for pixels. They're all good.

Design: Everybody knows it's really subjective here . No phone is really ugly, just to you, perhaps.

Apps: This one Apple does win. Even the same apps are better designed for iOS than Android.

Openess: this one Android wins. Why jail the phone? If I want to save files to my device, just let me do so. I love Android this way.

Again, the point is, don't defend your phone with your life before trying the others. Every phone has goods and bads. I don't believe iPhone or SG3 is the best on the planet. If you think otherwise, you're jailed by yourself and need to be jail broken.

So, be open and be nice.

• 2012-09-15 15:42
  • Y9jT

Does everbody knows the Russian LADA cars ?
Look at this, but dont interest with BMWs :)
And imagine the iphone's future :)

• 2012-09-15 15:39

Im still waiting iphone5 coming in indonesia

• 2012-09-15 15:39
  • wrYM

> In reply to ricky steele @ 2012-09-15 15:04 from t}80 - click to readand where is your proof of this mr. steele? aside from your obvious bias towards iphone 5...you have not shown any proof nor can you do so at this point because you don't even own an iphone 5 yet...I own an iphone 4s and I went to the apple convention in CA...I got a hands on experience with the iphone 5 and it's not much different than than my 4s...my other friends' phones already have NFC, can play video, browse the web or play HD games at the same time...their phones CAN DO REAL MULTI-TASKING...my iphone 4s...and the iphone 5 CANNOT! so EAT your CHIPS talk because real power of processors are proven in MULTI-TASKING abilities...not YOUR opinion haha DU_ _ A_S!

• 2012-09-15 15:36
  • vxt3

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-09-15 14:18 from vMew - click to readEver heard of adapters?

• 2012-09-15 15:36
  • JJsi

Look at the price bucket.....!!!
with that money i can get 2 phone with better specs,.

• 2012-09-15 15:31
  • tA$7

I used to be a Symbian fan (since N95). Then the iPhone came out. Nokia fanboys at the time were reluctant to give the iPhone a try, but kept saying that it sucked. But the moment I tried one, I couldn't believe how I've lived in denial.

Then I became an Apple fanboy. At the time with my iPhone 4, Galaxy S2 came about. I gave it a try and, well, there were goods and bads. The apps on Android just don't look as good as on the iPhone. Seems like developers develop the iOS version ahead of Android. But the good, I can use my S2 the way I like it, especially with saving files and using it as a USB mass storage device. Different browsers that actually behave like different browsers. What I don't like is how background in is implemented here. I have to keep watching out what's eating my battery. And rouge apps could be running without me knowing. IPhone background in is not real but I actually like it because apps can be truly suspended.

Now iPhone 5 comes along. I think I'll give it a try. My point is, for Apple fanboys, iPhone 5 does lack a bit of customizability, Android gives you much more freedom. But if you like stock everything then what can we do. For Android fanboys, if you haven't tried an iPhone, you really should, you'll be surprised. If you have, you'll understand when I said that both have some shortcomings.

Be open, and be nice.

• 2012-09-15 15:28
  • Y9jT

> In reply to ricky steele @ 2012-09-15 15:22 from t}80 - click to readlol youve got nothing... ur so delusional you cant even entertain the idea of someone selling their 4s for an android.. btw and loving it! :)

ok heres the thing i spend way too much on mobiles like an embarrassing amount, swapping brands/os constantly..
and a part of me was hoping the iphone5 would be special.. im almost relieved now after the announcement of the ip5 cas now i no longer feel the need to spend the cash on yet another mobile phone.
take care mate

• 2012-09-15 15:28
  • vMew
Total of 13709 user reviews and opinions for Apple iPhone 5.