Apple iPhone 5s - user opinions and reviews

Apple

I bought 5s before the iphone 6 was releases (just because I just want to see what this Apple IOS hype is all about and I needed a high end phone).

After using it, I am not sure if the price I paid is worth (this is my personal opinion)

I do not see what additional benefit it gives the user (average tech user) over other mid range smartphones.

Other issue I had is the the phone will show "No Sim" now and then. I took it to the AT&T service center and they fixed the issue. I do not have any other issue with the phone, but still I am not finding a reason for all the hype for Apple and IOS

• 2014-12-18 19:31
  • iR%s

> In reply to jaan @ 2014-12-18 09:51 from sUwL - click to readFor file sharing ,there is xender app in AppStore .

• 2014-12-18 18:58
  • rAfT

> In reply to jaggasingh @ 2014-12-18 17:01 from rJ9P - click to readI am using iphone 5s. It is really nice one. I think dimension of this phone is better than iphone 4s. But generate heat during long term use, it is a little bit problem.

• 2014-12-18 18:55
  • INTM

friends plz help,i was using iphone 4s before i bought iphone 5s,
though 5s is nice phone,but now i ve realized that its tall and looks bad in hand,plz tell should i sell my 5s and buy used iphone 4s?
plz reply im very confused,waiting for ur reply

• 2014-12-18 17:01
  • rJ9P

> In reply to jaan @ 2014-12-18 09:51 from sUwL - click to readI might diaagree with that. Nowadays, youbdont need bluetooth to send pics. Since there are a lot of messaging apps where we share photos. We can install games and apps even paid without connecting to itunes. Movies, we have imovie to watch a lot of movies. We have apps to download songs we want even without connecting to itunes fyi. And lastly, hacking is illegal in any way. We dont hack games. I used android 3 years. And i can say i mastered every inch of it. But i will never go back to your open-to-all android. :)

• 2014-12-18 13:24
  • t7Xk

> In reply to Clyde @ 2014-12-18 09:23 from MkXA - click to readi agree with you but for 6 days it was super smooth and also i got it checked from 2 reliable sources for never opened and liquid contact.

on internet i have found that there are many faced the blue screen issue for 5s. some have mentioned that it is because 5s is 64 bit and many apps are 32 bit leads to non compatibility and this happens.

but worse thing i my cell went to restore mode permanently. overtime i try to restore it the blue screen appears after a while stopping the installation.

if somebody has info about it please help

• 2014-12-18 10:14
  • 6Q$T

> In reply to Hafiz @ 2014-12-18 00:37 from PTGX - click to readwell dont ever buy i phone its so worst to handle and very diffcult to understand
1) no file manager to access file ..in andriod all you can access
2) no bluetooth to transfer photo or file..in android you have bluetooth to transfer file to any person
3) u can send only iphone to iphone apple device only if both have bluetooth
4) no way to transfer big file or send movie .. in andriod there are lots of application where u can send movie of movie to other wise in fraction of secound
5) very limited can not put any high end cracks games since no access to file manager
6) also u can not download any application with out itune .. means you need itune to put any software and that too chargable including whatsapp which is free in andriod

in short it white elephant .. normal person can not operate ...1) its too costly 2) u need system with itune to put songs and games 3) all games you have to purchase from istore .. rarly few games are free which is totally useless 4) no more free software

choice is your

• 2014-12-18 09:51
  • sUwL

> In reply to niaz raja @ 2014-12-18 06:41 from wucf - click to readNext time, my only advise is never ever buy a refurbished handset as there is no guarantee that it is still working. Beware on online gadget stores as well. Some are claiming that phones are still working fine and you could run a test in it before purchase. However, at the end, it wil only put you unto death.

• 2014-12-18 09:23
  • MkXA

i bought a used iphone 5s 10 days back. for first 6 days it was working perfect on 8.1.2 and super smooth. no prob at all in any connection or working. 4 days back on monday evening while i was using it suddenly blue screen came and restart loop came. after some time and hard resets it became ok but then again blue screen appears.
i tried resetting the IOS on iTunes in DFU mode but every time iOS starts to install on iPhone again blue screen comes and force stop the iOS update. i am completely stucked in recovery mode only my 5s not working at all.

any help plz????

• 2014-12-18 06:41
  • wucf

Its the best best best phone I have ever used! Its really really good! No hanging problem, no OS problems, no battery problems, no size problems! Excellent touch screen and its really easy to use and handle. If some wants to buy a S4 or S3 I would recommend him/her to buy this one rather. I wish it had a Bluetooth connectable to other phones.

• 2014-12-18 03:24
  • fsV2

Its Apple Device Difficult N Complicated To Use Like Iphone 5S...I Want To Buy Iphone 5S but My Cousin Say Iphone Is Difficult To Use...Its That True???Because This Is My First Time Want To Use Apple Product...

• 2014-12-18 00:37
  • PTGX

> In reply to DAC dt @ 2014-12-16 21:49 from 0UZg - click to readYou should update to 8.1.1
Superb performnce. Stability. Buttery smooth :) i couldn't ask for more.

• 2014-12-17 15:04
  • t7Xh

> In reply to Sony @ 2014-12-13 11:02 from Tr3w - click to readiPhone 5s is the better in battery life

• 2014-12-17 10:18
  • vpjP

After having this phone from may 20 2014 since iOS 8.0.2 the device is starting to have problems with the Wi-Fi and now the TouchID sensor is not working well and i'm bored with iOS, i'm going back to Android the previous device (Sony Xperia S) was a better device for me. This is the first and last Apple product that i have ever bought

• 2014-12-16 21:49
  • 0UZg

> In reply to MJ @ 2014-12-14 18:56 from U{d6 - click to readHi mate,

May i ask who told you that.

The answer is that if you normally use it it will not change its colour at all.

If you do not put it in some kind of aid of course.

Cheers!

• 2014-12-16 14:01
  • gxGx

I chose this phone over note 4 and iphone 6 because note 4 and iphone 6 was not easily available. I came from galaxy s4 so had problem in starting with small screen now i feel nothing can be better than this.
Space grey color is so unique and feels amazing. My freinds got note 4 and iphone 6 i used both samsung I dont even like now spending so much and still at some point phone stuck. And iphone 6 is superb but I prefer looks of 5s so im so happy with my decision, will never switch back to android. Ios is simple and I tried all heavy games with 5s it runs buttery smooth.
I was afraid i'l miss downloading songs videos directly to my phone but there are apps to download and you can view them in that app its well managed according to me.
Camera amazed me its 8 Mp but results are more than I expected.
I'm gonna stay with my 5s.

• 2014-12-15 12:27
  • ttct

> In reply to Hermeseos @ 2014-12-14 07:36 from tDCa - click to readThanks for sharing. Ive decided to purchase note 4 last month. Good thing i choose 5s over note 4. Maybe im so used of android. And its lag issues. Have a good day ahead

• 2014-12-15 02:39
  • t7Xx

I want to ask that
Does iphone 5s gold colour fades out?
I mean iphone 5s gold discolour after 1 year ?

• 2014-12-14 18:56
  • U{d6

I own both the galaxy note 4 and iphone 5s.eventough 5s has got 1GB ram.its still faster compared to my note 4s octa core 64 bit with 3GB ram.

Yes my note is the version with NO LTE but 64 bit octa core.but its slower than my iphone 5s.

My only complain about 5s is its over sensitive touchscreen.thats all.

• 2014-12-14 07:36
  • tDCa

> In reply to Sony @ 2014-12-13 11:02 from Tr3w - click to readIphone 5s is the best.

• 2014-12-14 07:31
  • iKvT
Total of 6031 user reviews and opinions for Apple iPhone 5s.