Apple iPhone 5s - user opinions and reviews

Apple

my iphone 5s is discharging very quickly. i just had it for over a month and it only last half a day.. i never overcharged it. im only using watsapp and still very minimal coz i dont use it that often at work. if its on standy, it can last 7-8 hours. with continous use of just watsapp and facebook, it can only last for 3-4 hours. please help.. pleaseee

• 2013-12-19 06:51
  • nCb2

One of the worst phone of decades not only the price view but also due to poor battery, only dual core, non hd screen.....shameee

• 2013-12-19 06:18
  • XNHv

> In reply to Hps @ 2013-12-18 18:46 from 7qxE - click to readThen you better buy Android, why are you worrying about price and its spec.of Apple ... There is no point of comparision between Original(APPLE) and Duplicate(android) ok. Android is a free OS. U better buy Chaina mobile which has got android, not for Rs 25000..... Rs 6000 is enough then U can also be satisfied.

• 2013-12-19 04:16
  • kH@D

> In reply to ijarotimi @ 2013-12-18 05:46 from N9@S - click to readI see it is an awful situation having nothing to help you,,my nearest proper Apple store is 124 miles away..Most of our repairs are done by third partys ..Its a pity no-one could set up somewhere in Nigeria as a proper repair shop but Nigeria is big so folk would still have to post off their phones,,its a nuisance..

• 2013-12-19 03:07
  • dQ6Q

Better Luck Next Year Apple :)

• 2013-12-18 19:27
  • mga2

very common feature like card slot, nfc, Bluetooth transfer, WiFi direct, hd screen, radio, bigger screen not available on it.
also price for only 16 gb and only 8mp camera , only dual core is rs. 53000 in india.
I think worst phone in this high range.
in android platform you can get all this feature under rs. 25000.
so think before buy.

• 2013-12-18 18:46
  • 7qxE

> In reply to 14 days w/iPhone 5S @ 2013-12-17 19:37 from qJm} - click to readThank you, your post was very helpful.

• 2013-12-18 10:28
  • rv1h

> In reply to bindle @ 2013-12-17 17:23 from rv3t - click to readNo you didn't offend me and I am really really sorry if I misrepresented your comment.

• 2013-12-18 05:50
  • N9@S

> In reply to brynn @ 2013-12-17 19:55 from dQ6Q - click to readPls don't get me wrong , there is an istore in Nigeria but they are not licensed to sell iPhones but they do sell iPod and iPad and phone accessories , even MacBooks but not the recent models.

• 2013-12-18 05:46
  • N9@S

i just got my new iphone 5s yesterday and i gotta say the functions are just awesome. The screen resolution is really great and the graphics is really fast. The one thing i'm not really satisfied with is the battery life. a few hours into browsing and the phones battery just gives up on you. i think 10 to 12 hours on uncontinuous browsing will have drained your battery. i just have 1 question though, i can't pair my phones bluetooth to m y partners bluetooth. is the bluetooth function of this phone still just for headsets?.. TIA

• 2013-12-18 00:11
  • v0qT

> In reply to [deleted post]you can't live above the water, but you live in middle space of the water (above the sea & beneath the cloud)...

• 2013-12-17 23:48
  • thu9

> In reply to Taz26 @ 2013-12-17 08:47 from tE69 - click to readIt's an interesting video, the Nexus 5 did win, yes.
So I've showed one where the iPhone wins, you've showed one where the N5 wins, they both fast, no lags.
The iPhone for some reason got stuck loading one of the apps it was opening at the end, I think it had something to do with net connection, can't remember what it was. But either way, the Nexus 5 would look silly if, as a google phone, it was slower than an iPhone running google apps, lol. The Nexus 5 looked jumpy with some apps, but the iPhone was smooth all along. I still like iPhone, the Nexus 5 I'm sure is great, but not a fan of Google, or Android, or LG, haha. But I'm sure it's a great phone.

• 2013-12-17 21:42
  • rv3t

> In reply to 14 days w/iPhone 5S @ 2013-12-17 19:37 from qJm} - click to readNow you sir need a round of applause! That is the most comprehensive and well written opinion/review about any phone that I have ever read. I do like your opinion and as an iPhone lover myself, I do think you made the right choice in returning it. If it's not for you then it's not for you. Well written! :) I have however read a few reports about iPhone connectivity not being good in Texas, it must be the phone for some weird reason because I've never read about other phones have the same problem. But either way, the way you described your experience with it was great, and Im sure beneficial to others, :).

• 2013-12-17 21:30
  • rv3t

> In reply to ijarotimi @ 2013-12-17 11:14 from N9@S - click to readIf Apple are so good then they should open a store or repair centre in Nigeria it makes sense..Surely if your selling a product in a country they should have repair centre for that product..

• 2013-12-17 19:55
  • dQ6Q
  • 14 days w/iPhone 5S
  • Rating0

Why I returned my iPhone 5S to T-Mobile USA after 14 days:

1. The phone was just too small for text intensive applications; I kept having to put it in landscape mode to send messages—as in vertical mode the keyboard is just too small (for me).
2. Numerous times while typing the screen fails to register my touch. My wife has the same unit (AT&T) and it is does the same. So, it was not a defective unit.
3. The in-store 16gb model is just not enough memory. Better to purchase 32gb or higher.
4. Regardless of whatever tech reviewers say, the iPhone 53 (in my Houston area at least) does not download quickly. The LG G2 was much quicker. My new Note 3 is faster.
5. T-Mobile agreed to unlock my phone—as I'm a valued customer. The problem, however, is that it requires iTunes with a certain iOS. My Mac will not update to this. Being married to iTunes is very inconvenient.
6. Although people say iOS is easy, and in some cases it is, the setting area is not as intuitive as the current Android—especially that of the LG G2.
7. The battery on both LTE and 4G (T-Mobile USA) discharges too quickly using Skype: Down to 30% in two-hours.
8. Many iOS 6 programs not yet updated to iOS 7.
9. The spell check is a outdated disaster.

What I liked:
1. Excellent camera images—especially in low light.
2. Skype video calls were natural and extremely clear.
3. Beautiful screen clarity and colors.
4. Instant mute button.
5. Solid and pretty (I had a the gold model).
6. It played well with my Samsung bluetooth headset, including Skype, KakaoTalk, and WhatsApp—even better than the Note 3 running the same programs. This was a surprise.
7. I actually liked the notification and quick app menus better than Samsung.
8. Finger unlock sensor is way cool!
9. Charging connector is great!

Is the iPhone 53 bad and does it deserve the low ratings on GSM Arena? No. It's a nice phone and probably great for some users.

• 2013-12-17 19:37
  • qJm}

what about the battery life? If you use it for calling and browsing?

• 2013-12-17 18:37
  • Leh4

people say 64 bit processor only work on 4gb+ ram but was there pc(for public) with 4 gb ram when 64 bit was introduced? still many pc have 64 bit processor but 2-3 gb ram. can anyone explain because i dont know much about these things.

• 2013-12-17 17:38
  • PAXY

> In reply to ijarotimi @ 2013-12-17 11:14 from N9@S - click to readI didn't mean to offend you or anyone by my comment.If people have problems and they can't sort them out in any other way except for gsmarena, then fine, but those people you can see, because they ask for help and assistance. My comment was directed at people who don't ask for any help, they just make a statement saying the phone is bad, or it sucks, or something like that, because their phone has just had a failure. Those people aren't asking for help, and if their only way of getting help is online, perhaps they should identify a problem instead of running a phone down. Also I did not abuse anyone, I directed a comment at people that abuse the freedoms of the internet.

• 2013-12-17 17:23
  • rv3t

> In reply to [deleted post]am using samsung ace 3 now but i want a larger phone and some ppl say to me i phone 5s is kinda slow and ios 7 got no jailbreak what makes me want to buy z1 is that it got a bigger screen and it has got good performance do u know which is faster or the two is equal ? i saw some tests on the internet the two are quite equal

• 2013-12-17 16:17
  • fqgp

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-12-17 15:02 from fqgp - click to readHello!

If you wanna use your new phone under water, go for Xperia Z1...

But, if you want a phone to use your new phone anywhere else (apart from under water) on superior performance in every task that matters to you and your family, and your job, buy iphone 5s.

In case you are not decided, buy a used iphone 5 and then multiply the performance by four (4) and then you will get a reason to buy a new iphone 5s.

Bye, lets meet above the water meniscus...that is where we live...

• 2013-12-17 15:32
  • rruF
Total of 5905 user reviews and opinions for Apple iPhone 5s.