would have been much better to retain the iphone 5shape, its unique and much better... :)
and the camera, shit! same mega pixels??? too sad....
please keep apple users as away as possible from Samsung! the shape more or less alike ;)
Was looking forward to the new iPhone, its just a bit big I think, I liked Apples "One hand" approach and a phone that fits comfortably in th pocket. For me I think I'll have a look at the Sony Z3 Compact, looks very well specd and some how they got a 4.6 inch screen onto a phone almost the same size as the iPhone 5s. The IPhone 6 with a 4.7 inch screen looks huge by comparison. I think Sony may have stepped into, and taken ownership, of the "one handed phone" with this. The ability to add up to 128 Gb torage (i.e. 144 gb total) is really cool as well. Plus Stereo speakers on top of that. I think Apple have done a good job here, I just feel that Sony have really tried to cram as much as they can into a smaller sized phone and seem to have got it spot on. Plus I'll need a replacement for my iPod classic which is no longer being made, I'm now leaning towards the Sony Z3C.
Patricia, 19 Sep 2014Dear apple, Please don't play with our emotions. Decrease your prices. Regards...Ok sure.!!!
Drashad, 20 Sep 20141. 4K on a smartphone is a gimmik, a display resolution of 1080 is simply not capable of showi... more1. If you have 4 pixels reduced to one, your GPU wil COMPUTE the value of that pixel. Different computations render different results. Tests show that the result is BETTER (and that's normal, actually, but I don't expect you to understand such complex math algorithms) than the pixel RECORDED by a device. In other words, what Sony, Samsung, Apple GPUs can compute is better than what the same devices can record.
2. This is directly related to the first issue: yes, it's equally fast on an iPhone (because the resolution is lower). But then again, the resolution is lower.
3. The speed of a CPU has little to do with customer satisfaction. Numbers don't lie. Search for benchmarks or run them yourself. The difference is so big that you only prove yourself illiterate in this field should you claim otherwise.
4. You need the ability to change everything if you are to call it an open ecosystem. 1.3 million apps are futile should they have to play after Apple's rules. I don't know about carriers. I don't live in the US, here in Europe, we've always had free-from-carriers smartphones. Closed ecosystems are extremely efficient in themselves. But you'll need to follow their rules.
5. This is fascinating. You actually believe what you write. Once again, I'm all astonishment when it comes to Apple's marketing. It's truly brilliant.
6. Oh no, dear. The original iPhone was launched in 2007. Before that, IN THE USA THERE WERE ONLY BLACKBERRY'S. FIVE (5!!!!) years before that, I was organizing my agenda on an Sony-Ericsson P800 (touch and all the likes). When I told you I can make an Android smartphone look like an iPhone I was merely proving the versatility of the former. That's the best example of the difference between closed and open ecosystems.
7. OK, here's what I use NFC for: a. take my Aurvana Platinum headphones, connect them to my Xperia and my music is playing. b. use smart tags: I need one (1) second to make my phone behave exaclty how I want it to. c. file transfers. Is this ackward and limited? You keep on Apple Pay-ing me. Do you know what aptX is? What about 50 mm neodymium magnets? Do you even understand the quality of sound I'm listening to with such devices?
8. When 4k comes to Apple, I'll be projecting 4k at home on the ceiling, merely to change the ambiance of the room. Oh, no, wait, I can actually do that with the new sony projector and yes, I can GENERATE my own 4k if I need to.
9. I understand you have an itimate relation with your iphone and, God forbid, I wouldn't try to convince you otherwise. Intimate relations are healthy. I truly believe you should remain in that ecosystem. It's all yours to praise.
One more point: I don't know about others, but I've come on this page to see what people have to say about the new iPhone and it pains me to see how misinformed some of you are. I can afford an iPhone (or a Mac for that fact), I've even worked on a Mac in the past and found it impressively balanced, but too limited for my needs. Everything I said in these posts was done with the purpose to make you understand the MEASURABLE error you're in.
Drashad, 20 Sep 20141. 4K on a smartphone is a gimmik, a display resolution of 1080 is simply not capable of showi... moreyes, stock android like nexus 5 , moto X are performing alot better than Touchwiz , sony like note3 .s5 / z2 etc.
but interface of stock android is boring like hell ,
u can change interface after rooting phone and install apps like Xposed , but it buggy apps and slow down little performance and waste ur time .
If u want to waste ur time everyday and don't have any work ,
android is for u , enjoy :XD
Drashad, 20 Sep 20141. 4K on a smartphone is a gimmik, a display resolution of 1080 is simply not capable of showi... moreI agreed ,
first of all , say asphalt 8 (not 7) ,
i have compared all phones gaming , and asphalt 8 on iphone 5s is much smoother than any android devices out there , also ui of asphalt8 is smooth silk , while on android its no where nearer .
now with Metal update , its extra great graphics on iphn 6 /plus / 5s / ipad air .
this metal update will never come on android .
4k video are really gimmiks and takes lots of size ,
and QHD display is downdrade ,
i have played modern combat 5 on LG G3 ,Ihn 5s , note 3 , S5 ,Z2 etc.
its best with best fps and much faster loading and extra graphics on iphone 5s ,
while on note3 , s5 , z2 its well running
but on Shitty QHD display LG G3 , its not smooth at all and frame rates are droping , cause its display resolution is too much
why need nfc for file transfer , while there is faster way of sharing ? Airdrop...
u said cpu ? its best on iphone 6 and no one android phone can beat this even if its 6 GHZ , 16 cores ,
u guys just see spec. everyday
Check this out
All you wingers who complain about quad core and 4 gig ram
See the your so called 2012 specs
Apples, 20 Sep 2014Apple make art, others just a phone........that's why Apple so expensive The new iPhone 6 is very ugly. It feels really cheap, cheaper than so called Samsung's cheap plastic. The iPhone 5s was beautiful, it felt solid. I would have rather had a bigger version of the 5s. I can talk, I own an iPhone 6.
goodthings, 19 Sep 2014So, to make it simple: 1. Is 4k better than HD? - Yes (explained below) 2. Is 4k justified... moreThe part where you said you can make any android look like an iPhone is a joke. sure you can make it similar, But it slows your phone down like crazy and it doesn't feel like IOS at all. I have tried this on two separate android devices and it simply is not even close to the same as iOS.
if the price is more than 2 lakh people buy it becaz its,iphone 6 from apple
it's not a phone that you think it's a technology for the future tankx stev jobs for giving a wonderfull product to the world
Apple is following Samsung at point in terms of atleast design and size," . "A couple of years ago they were making fun of Samsung because Samsung grew big and now they've gone big," they made mockery for androids big display...nd now follwing the same.., they have to follow their big daddy...bigger market trend....bcoz no one wants to remain in kids phones wih so small screen and cumbersome typings for all the time......
kc, 19 Sep 2014Please educate yourself about digital photography.
More pixel doesnt mean better camera.
8... moreActually 8 is good for social networks but what about if we want to print the picture in a poster of 1m2?
The image is not going to be that good is it?
android phone makers vs apple.
apple provides its users with INTUITIVE usability. Hardware may not be the best, but its integration with the software makes it feel like the best. It may not have the customization capability of an android, but customizing an android by a "normal" non techie individual is not "easy". My dad in law who is an executive finds apple easy to use, while android complicated (multiple steps to get to settings he wants, etc)
Its not about the best hardware, its about the overall seamless integration between hardware and software that makes iphones ... iphones
Really? , 20 Sep 2014Ok I'm a android fan and am using a Samsung galaxy Note3 to type this very message. 1 multitas... moreNo, Apple didn't come up with the fingerprint sensor, they copied it from Motorola.
the Motarola Atrix from 2011 had a fingerprint sensor and ran Android - I have that phone.
Want to talk about copying? Look at the Apple notification dropdown. That is another thing Apple copied from Android. Notifications on iOS used to be the same as the old Windows Mobile pop-ups that blocked your actions until you dismissed them. Then Steve Jobs stole the whole Android notification system, added it to iOS and called it "Magical".
I bought iphone 6 for gaming mostly. So the performance and the improved video unity was important to me.
The first thing i noticed when opening my first game was how bleachy/chalky the colors were.. Holding my iphone5 up right next to this the iphone5's colors look hundreds of times better, so much deeper and darker.
And the second thing that astounded me was that i was actually getting performance hitches in all my games. Literally every 3 seconds was a small hitch in every games performance.
I am extremely dissapointed with the iphone6