Asus Fonepad - user opinions and reviews

Asus

7.2
7.1
7.0

u update your device.then solve problem.

• 2014-09-30 08:39
  • JxVP

> In reply to Nava @ 2014-09-22 10:19 from 2B0H - click to readI've used this fonepad since May 20013 and I can assure you that it works both for wired headset and bluetooth. That's mean your are having a defective unit and you should get it sent to your nearest service center.

• 2014-09-25 09:22
  • 73Sg

> In reply to Nava @ 2014-09-22 10:19 from 2B0H - click to readMine work with headset.
I even bought a car kit, and connect the 3.5mm audio output to my car audio.

You may have a defect unit

• 2014-09-23 03:42
  • IVLg

My Asus Fonepad 7" does not support any headset but bluethoot. This is the first time I see a smartphone which does not work with wired headsets. Neither the sales guy nor the packaging say about this hiden feature(!?) This was my first and last Asus.

• 2014-09-22 10:19
  • 2B0H

> In reply to sriram @ 2014-09-14 10:46 from YTK4 - click to readWell, my work around way is installing the Samsung Kies software to your computer.
Then, your pc will detect the Android device, regardless of brand.

You can download the software from Samsung website.

• 2014-09-15 19:53
  • TSPS

"how to files,photos transfer PC to asus T001 phones. IAM connect USB cable .i tick MTP OR PTP but files not transfer and internal and external storage devise is not visible

• 2014-09-14 10:46
  • YTK4

> In reply to virendra @ 2014-08-29 14:58 from ut5u - click to readMine has change main board before, but it is changed while still under warranty.
So, no cost is charged.
I think only exchange the board can save your tab.
For that price, you can consider buying a new and more powerful set.

• 2014-09-03 16:10
  • wc6X

Hi all / ASUSTech Services Managers,

I have an ASUS ME 371 fonepad since 3-Aug-2013. It had a problem of "not powering on and network not working" in Sep. 2013 and had to be sent to the service center after which it has been working alright. On 3-Aug-2014 I used the Tablet for about half an hour and when I switched it off it showed 81% battery charge remaining. On 4-Aug-2014, when I tried to power it on, it vibrated for a short spurt and did nothing else while I tried a few more times even by pressing the power-on button for a longer time. After 4 or 5 times it stopped giving even this response. I put it on recharging for some time but there was no usual response except for a short duration vibration. Seeing no other response from the unit, I took it to the Service center and was told that the Main Board has gone bad and needs replacement costing about Rs. 10,000/- since the warranty has expired. It seems that the unit had some built in self-destructive mechanism that got activated as soon as the warranty period got over. Can some one from ASUSTech, or any user please advise me about what I should do in this situation?

I would also be obliged if some one faced a similar problem to share and and has a fix to wake up the unit from its 'coma' state. You may contact me at vkgulati.jsr@gmail.com . I will also be greatly thankful for any advice about how to proceed to highlight the problem to any ASUS expert as the diagnosis of the problem may need a second opinion before declaring it as a gone case.

with thanks & regards,
Virendra

• 2014-08-29 14:58
  • ut5u

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-08-19 06:12 from t}Ci - click to readThe most important is whether the battery is drained very fast.

If the heat problem is causing the battery drained, then you should go and have a check. If you still doubt, better send to service center to verify the problem.

• 2014-08-20 10:56
  • TSPK

I am using these from past 5days, i found that it get warm for normal 4 to 5 mins of using with camera or other apps,
Is it normal or i need to replace,please suggest

• 2014-08-19 06:12
  • t}Ci

can i connect keyboard /pen drive /hard disk to phone pad 7

• 2014-08-18 11:36
  • uu27

Always flashes "media error" and when i open my gallery the pictures , albums, and others doesn't appear i have yo wait 5-10 minutes to open.

• 2014-08-18 03:04
  • t7Xk

I wanted it "big", so why not a 7 Inches ASUS Fonepad?
It could be a cheaper solution, I thought.
Never more.
It is very bad as phone, and very bad as tablet too!

With android 4.3 it was unusable.
On full power signal, when placing a call always caused a complete connectivity loss.
The same with an incoming call
And I had to reboot the device to get the connectivity back.
Often more than once.
ASUS wanted me to be after a RMA procedure, with absurd conditions, to have the tablet "repaired".
This after less than a month of life.
So, no after market real support.
With Android 4.4.2 KitKat the things go on a little better.
This proves nothing was wrong with my tablet, as I supposed, it is so "by design".
Se signal is always poor, whereever I am, but the connectivity loss happens less often.
And it takes back after waiting 10 sencods, at least.
Sound quality isn't very bad, but you cannot this use as a phone without an headset.
As a tablet doesn't perform very well.
The touch screen isn't very sharp and it runs very slow.
When you play "Plants Vs Zombies 2" in a very crowdy level, for istance, the tablet starts runnig very slow and it almost stops.
At the end, it is very "big".
This 7 inches tablet is almost as large and long as the Samsung Galaxy TAB3 of 8 inches of my little doughter that runs flowlessly and also have phone capabilities.
And the Fonepad is very thicker, and heavier, too.

• 2014-08-14 11:34
  • 0MR3

> In reply to gabbi @ 2014-08-12 23:24 from Qy}W - click to readThe APN will be the key thing.
If the correct APN does not appear, then re-start the Fonepad, and let the Fonepad auto select the APN.
After connecting to the correct APN, the network should be ok.
Don't worry if you can't connect to 3G network, as there are weaker reception at some area.

• 2014-08-13 13:08
  • IVLg

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-08-12 23:44 from Qy}W - click to readSlight warm is normal on charging and heavy use.
Even connect to weak 3G signal, it will get hot.

If the battery is not drained very fast (empty juice within few hour, even not using), then it is consider normal.

Fonepad can last for more than 2 days on moderate use.

• 2014-08-13 13:03
  • IVLg

does your pfonepad gets warm while charging and while using it for atleast 1hr?

any feedback pls. thanks/ i just want to make sure its normal because if not im gonna send it back irght away. aside from that i love my fonepad.

• 2014-08-12 23:44
  • Qy}W

> In reply to bad adam 420 @ 2014-07-04 21:49 from 9xH9 - click to readI also had a hard time connecting my fonepad thru 3g yesterday but after making sure that it well configuredw with my provider it works really fine!!
try to check ur APN and see if proxy is active.. u might need to call ur provider forhelp.

• 2014-08-12 23:24
  • Qy}W

> In reply to motley @ 2014-07-24 17:43 from nUaC - click to readto download music,photo and other file to sd card, install maxton browser to your device then install it to your sd card or moved to external memory.

• 2014-08-05 08:56
  • v0qT

> In reply to motley @ 2014-07-24 17:43 from nUaC - click to readDownloaded image should be at internal storage, "Download" folder.

• 2014-07-31 16:13
  • wce%

> In reply to motley @ 2014-07-24 17:30 from nUaC - click to readUse Polaris File Viewer To Transfer The photos, Music, And other file.

• 2014-07-26 07:32
  • v0qT
Total of 816 user reviews and opinions for Asus Fonepad.