Asus Fonepad - user opinions and reviews

Asus

7.2
7.1
7.0

> In reply to Nubia @ 2014-10-18 09:36 from ncRR - click to readSend back for repair

• 2014-10-23 15:17
  • ibbP

I have had my phone from the day it was released, have had a few problems since, under warranty, sent it back twice and now its generally fine. However, I am having a problem with calls, I make a call or one comes through to me and after a minute or so the caller cannot hear me, any ideas how I can resolve this?

• 2014-10-18 09:36
  • ncRR

HI guys, dont buy asus tablet, after update signal as wel as wifi option is not working, plz tell me how to update it without internet connection, no wifi no signal so no internet in my tablet. did factory reste but no use. waste of money

• 2014-10-17 12:03
  • XMru

How do I change the location on the weather widget? It's set on the wrong location and it just won't allow me to rectify it. Please can someone assist me

• 2014-10-15 21:33
  • Nv0V

Got to admit, the quality is very questionable, as many user are complaining.
But mine still work great after more than 1 year.

In fact, this is my first Android device, and the 1st tablet and a smartphone in one.

At first, I'm complaining the device reliability (mine broke down twice, in just one month time), but after repair, no more issue after that.

Second, I complain it carries the outdated hardware spec, (HD screen only, Single Core Processor, below par performance, only 4GB user usable memory space on 8GB model, no killer smart feature)

But, after using this device for so long, I start loving it more from day to day using.
I do own a high end Samsung phone, so I can clearly made some fair judgement here.

1. It's interface is much simpler, no fancy feature all together, everything is pretty simple, much closer to the vanilla Android, to which, I like the experience. You don't need some complex feature to make some device better. It is the experience that matter.

2. Build quality wise, the 1st generation Fonepad is a rare gem, you get a metal build at a very affordable price, so much better than those Samsung, and other plastic phone. My friend praised the device look premium and handsome.

3. It is an all in one device, phone, tablet in one, and everything it specced just work without issue. It has memory card slot, has a micro sim slot that support 3G, voice call. It is nothing wrong holding a giant phone. I already get used to it's size.

4. Well, surprisingly, it is the least buggy Android device that I ever own, no sudden hang up, no auto restarting, no sudden overheating. It do lag a lot if compare to highend device, but it just won't die. Battery life is just the best.

I feel sorry for those who experience failure with the device.
But mine is just ok. I'm one of the few happy user here.

• 2014-10-13 18:00
  • IWHd

I personally think buying an Asus tablet was the worst mistake I ever made. spent a lot of precious time on repairs, freezes, battery overheats, refuses to charge. twas a total waste of money. will never buy Asus again

• 2014-10-09 16:36
  • rv6{

I've reset my fonepad7...but i've problem after reset to factory setting. All my standard notification and ringgtones are missing. Can help/ assist me solving tbese matter..my fonepad7 were silence ever since. Tq

• 2014-10-08 04:39
  • tZjV

After software update my asus fone pad 7 is nt recognizing the network, it has been 1mnth in the service center, prblm is nt solved, u r just wasting our warrantly period, worst asus mobile better to close the company

• 2014-10-06 08:14
  • rKQ$

u update your device.then solve problem.

• 2014-09-30 08:39
  • JxVP

> In reply to Nava @ 2014-09-22 10:19 from 2B0H - click to readI've used this fonepad since May 20013 and I can assure you that it works both for wired headset and bluetooth. That's mean your are having a defective unit and you should get it sent to your nearest service center.

• 2014-09-25 09:22
  • 73Sg

> In reply to Nava @ 2014-09-22 10:19 from 2B0H - click to readMine work with headset.
I even bought a car kit, and connect the 3.5mm audio output to my car audio.

You may have a defect unit

• 2014-09-23 03:42
  • IVLg

My Asus Fonepad 7" does not support any headset but bluethoot. This is the first time I see a smartphone which does not work with wired headsets. Neither the sales guy nor the packaging say about this hiden feature(!?) This was my first and last Asus.

• 2014-09-22 10:19
  • 2B0H

> In reply to sriram @ 2014-09-14 10:46 from YTK4 - click to readWell, my work around way is installing the Samsung Kies software to your computer.
Then, your pc will detect the Android device, regardless of brand.

You can download the software from Samsung website.

• 2014-09-15 19:53
  • TSPS

"how to files,photos transfer PC to asus T001 phones. IAM connect USB cable .i tick MTP OR PTP but files not transfer and internal and external storage devise is not visible

• 2014-09-14 10:46
  • YTK4

> In reply to virendra @ 2014-08-29 14:58 from ut5u - click to readMine has change main board before, but it is changed while still under warranty.
So, no cost is charged.
I think only exchange the board can save your tab.
For that price, you can consider buying a new and more powerful set.

• 2014-09-03 16:10
  • wc6X

Hi all / ASUSTech Services Managers,

I have an ASUS ME 371 fonepad since 3-Aug-2013. It had a problem of "not powering on and network not working" in Sep. 2013 and had to be sent to the service center after which it has been working alright. On 3-Aug-2014 I used the Tablet for about half an hour and when I switched it off it showed 81% battery charge remaining. On 4-Aug-2014, when I tried to power it on, it vibrated for a short spurt and did nothing else while I tried a few more times even by pressing the power-on button for a longer time. After 4 or 5 times it stopped giving even this response. I put it on recharging for some time but there was no usual response except for a short duration vibration. Seeing no other response from the unit, I took it to the Service center and was told that the Main Board has gone bad and needs replacement costing about Rs. 10,000/- since the warranty has expired. It seems that the unit had some built in self-destructive mechanism that got activated as soon as the warranty period got over. Can some one from ASUSTech, or any user please advise me about what I should do in this situation?

I would also be obliged if some one faced a similar problem to share and and has a fix to wake up the unit from its 'coma' state. You may contact me at vkgulati.jsr@gmail.com . I will also be greatly thankful for any advice about how to proceed to highlight the problem to any ASUS expert as the diagnosis of the problem may need a second opinion before declaring it as a gone case.

with thanks & regards,
Virendra

• 2014-08-29 14:58
  • ut5u

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-08-19 06:12 from t}Ci - click to readThe most important is whether the battery is drained very fast.

If the heat problem is causing the battery drained, then you should go and have a check. If you still doubt, better send to service center to verify the problem.

• 2014-08-20 10:56
  • TSPK

I am using these from past 5days, i found that it get warm for normal 4 to 5 mins of using with camera or other apps,
Is it normal or i need to replace,please suggest

• 2014-08-19 06:12
  • t}Ci

can i connect keyboard /pen drive /hard disk to phone pad 7

• 2014-08-18 11:36
  • uu27

Always flashes "media error" and when i open my gallery the pictures , albums, and others doesn't appear i have yo wait 5-10 minutes to open.

• 2014-08-18 03:04
  • t7Xk
Total of 824 user reviews and opinions for Asus Fonepad.