Asus Google Nexus 7 - user opinions and reviews

Asus

7.6
7.6
7.8

> In reply to Amit673 @ 2014-11-22 16:30 from Hktk - click to read downloaded the latest Android 5 and Im having loads of problems. Will do the reset and clearing cache and- keeping the fingers crossed, hope that I will get my tablet up and running again

• 2014-11-27 10:59
  • 98f5

Xmodgames can use in this device?

• 2014-11-25 19:12
  • ibeX

Mxplayer now supports android 5.0. Those who are facing issues after lollipop upgrade can see noticeable improvement after factory reset the tablet and wipe cache partition. I did both the things and improvements are there.

• 2014-11-22 16:30
  • Hktk

Guys don't ever buy an Asus product , My nexus 7 (2012) touch got broken , I called Asus service center , after so many tries they finally picked up the phone , When I asked about how much Will it cost to change the touch and they said cost Will be around Rs 9000 . Really , for a tablet that was launched for a price of 16000 and now is of 10000 has touch costing 9000 . Are really all other parts LCD , MB , CPU , Battery and all that cost only 1000.

• 2014-11-21 05:24
  • t}ps

Although the Nexus7 has received all sorts of plaudits in online reviews don't expect any help from ASUS if you get a problem with one. I have so far had two (the original unit and a store replacement) that didn't work properly (the first one the screen pixilated, the second one the charger connection didn't work).This was followed two repairs done by ASUS which have failed to solve problems with the microphone. I am now waiting for my 5th replacement/repair. The real problem, though, is with the terrible service from ASUS. I have received positively the worst service I have ever had with any product in my entire life - and I'm not young. Hours on the basic service phone line, hours more to speak to a supervisor, a six-week long exchange of dozens of emails using ASUS's online "escalation" approach with someone who simply does not understand the English language. Repair turnaround times are advertised at 5 - 7 business days but actually take in excess of a month. The escalation process which promises responses within 48 hours takes 5 - 7 days to get a response and questions are never answered directly, if at all. Requests for my unit to be replaced with a new unit have been denied (not their policy). Even a request for a reconditioned replacement unit has been denied. I'd love to get my money back but that, of course, has been denied too. ASUS does not deserve to stay in business with this kind of customer aftercare.

• 2014-11-20 21:11
  • jdAN

> In reply to Faeboys @ 2014-11-20 07:00 from Mtf1 - click to readis u r device is fast or ant slaginess and errors are occuring sir please tell me

• 2014-11-20 09:38
  • MfxH

> In reply to Faeboys @ 2014-11-20 07:00 from Mtf1 - click to readwer u from india sir

• 2014-11-20 09:37
  • MfxH

> In reply to SweetPrincy @ 2014-11-16 06:41 from Hkqm - click to readTry now. Yesterday morning only i got the update. But my advice if u gonna watch movie. U have to download the nice player also. MX player wont support in Android 5.

• 2014-11-20 07:00
  • Mtf1

I update nexus 7 in Macedonia. The dervice is very slow with android 5.0. There are
problems with facebook and with some games. The start up and the shuting down are very slow.

• 2014-11-19 21:13
  • gKB%

Updated to 5.0 lollipop a few days ago. No Wifi problems as other users report, battery life is the same as with 4.4 but the systems goes slow as hell.

• 2014-11-19 20:19
  • L1QR

I officially updated my Nexus 7 2012 device two days ago in Israel. My experience with it is horrible. The device is very slow. It reboots every now and then. The system crushes and i have already sent like 50 crush reports. Different apps are not responding. My clock widget shows the minutes and then the hours (instead of 13:52 it shows 52:13). My advice to anyone owning a Nexus 7 2012 model to wait with your Android 5 update. You will regret updating it. I know that there are ways to reverse the damage by going back to Android 4.4 but i have no idea and no time to make the necessary jailbreaks or roots or whatever...

• 2014-11-19 11:49
  • S6q{

yesterday night updated my nexus 7 thru ota
update was about 311mb
and for installion it took around 30 mins
ui is smooth
and i think battery life has improved a bit

• 2014-11-19 10:13
  • ut@K

Update to 5.0 in india and got the same bug as other useres reported.
Wifi will not turn on. you are out of connectivity. On resterting tje device it works bit if you enter the setting tab wifi will symbol in notificstion will disappear. Guys do not install 5.0 until a fix is available.

• 2014-11-19 09:30
  • YTFq

Yesterday night i.e. on 19th Nov, 2014, India time GMT+5.30, on 1.15 am, i got notification that the 5.0 system update is available. It takes 20mins for 400MB download. And then it finalize the applying update takes too much time like around 1hr. After update, the ui is awesome. MXplayer is not compatible, so need to uninstall reboot the tab and reload mxplayer again. then only it works. Chrome is alos not working. I am using Chrome Beta version. One good thing is battery. It is now 6hrs after charged fully my tab.My wifi is on for 6 hrs and i m browsing for around 2 hrs. Updating around 18 apps which is showing outdated after lollipop update. Still it is 91%. Will post more review.

• 2014-11-19 08:52
  • vbMa

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-11-18 11:41 from nDUS - click to readLollipop update has ruined my nexus 7!!

• 2014-11-19 07:49
  • T4g1

Just got update to Lollipop!

• 2014-11-19 07:40
  • 3V38

Google started seeding lollipop update in India. Please check guys you will be notified for lollipop system update.

• 2014-11-19 02:53
  • Hktp

> In reply to android 5 @ 2014-11-15 20:13 from L6Vu - click to readnot working for me... :-(

• 2014-11-18 22:08
  • 3Sqf

did u flash it? r did u receive ota update?

• 2014-11-18 18:21
  • uupr

after updating to lollipop I'vee noticed that my nexus is slowly,and lags a lot even more than it did on android 4.4.4

• 2014-11-18 11:41
  • nDUS
Total of 1526 user reviews and opinions for Asus Google Nexus 7.