Asus Google Nexus 7 - user opinions and reviews

Asus

7.6
7.6
7.8

I am from india and my nexus 7 2012 has not still received lollipop OTA. My device is running 4.4.4 and it shows the latest software is already installed. Anyone else facing this problem in India? Please help I am quite worried :(

• 2014-12-20 19:32
  • HktF

Upgraded from an ipod touch 4g. Browsing is faster,yes, but gifs load very slowly. Flash is pretty slow too but fluid once started. Must turn wifi off with bluetooth headphones (same issue on ipod) or playback is intermittent. Good battery life. Can last 4 days with minimal use. Gaming is flawless. Screen makes funny sounds when pressed but good construction nonetheless. Do not recommend lollipop, i downgraded to kitkat too. Charges reaaaly slowly. Don't think the asus charger provides more than 800ma, though it's rated at 2A. Best bargain at 130 usd! New nexus is far more fragile and scratches easily.

• 2014-12-20 15:37
  • LaFn

Great tablet although I had to roll back from lollipop it completely slowed and spoiled my tablet, it's not hard to re-flash back to kitkat and then it's back to being fast again.

• 2014-12-20 11:27
  • nxxU

> In reply to miniman @ 2014-12-16 01:55 from 4R2S - click to readI upgraded mine to lollipop, works very good. After using the device two years I made sure to factory reset.

• 2014-12-17 15:21
  • pqJY

I bought the Nexus 7 exactly a year ago.
And it NEVER worked 100%!!

TOUCHPANEL SUCKS!

This is truly a LOW END product!

BR LaZr

• 2014-12-16 17:03
  • 0unM

My Nexus 7 2012 is now an aggravating piece of junk since lollipop, even after a factory reset. Every system, process, or app has screwed up consistently. Time for a new tablet. (Or was that the plan all along?)
Does it work on new tablets?

• 2014-12-16 01:55
  • 4R2S

Has anyone else experienced microphone issues after the lollipop update? My mic isn't working anymore :(

• 2014-12-15 16:42
  • tevW

> In reply to MicuVerde @ 2014-12-13 13:31 from 3RNb - click to readSame here except I just updated all apps and deleted the guest profile. Didn't even wipe the cache ... Smooth as butter ! Finally lollipop is good as they say. Batter life seems to have improved.will update information later after a few days :)

• 2014-12-15 14:42
  • tevW

Hi guys ! I updated my nexus 7 to lollipop when the ota update cane. Just as everyone else my tab got stuck and was very slow. Finally I have found the solution to get back the old smooth kit kat like experience. These are the steps I followed.
1.uninstall all the aops I don't use regularly.
2.update all the apps via Googleplay store.
3. Hold the power button for around 15 sevs where the device will automatically shut down and restart.

Another thing to absolutely follow is IF you open a guest profile close it as soon as you finish using it as it slows the tab a lot. As soon as I closed my guest profile !y tab was back to usual performence.

I read after backing up the data doing a factory reset also helped some users but so far the above !method has

• 2014-12-15 14:39

Yh you can google nexus 7 factory images

• 2014-12-13 22:26
  • pwbJ

> In reply to sam @ 2014-12-01 19:46 from sr3M - click to readSorry if you update to lollipop can not go back to kitcat my friend.....Google it good luck or root and use a custom rom or don't update to lollipop!!!!

• 2014-12-13 17:42
  • I3Dt

Had the same sluggishness problem that others reported on lollipop. After the update I did the following operations:
Deleted the second user on tablet
Performed a cache wipe
Performed a factory reset
After these the tablet works as fast as it did on kitkat. I performed the last two operations from recovery boot.

• 2014-12-13 13:31
  • 3RNb

> In reply to abby84 @ 2014-11-19 08:52 from vbMa - click to readI am planning to update the nexus 7 2013 32gb WiFi only device to 5.0 lolipop. Did your update go smoothly please advise.

• 2014-12-10 00:46
  • tT2R

This lolipop is sucks .my tablet can't work properly after this update. Can anybody tell me how tow to get back kit kat or jelly bean.lolipop ruined my Asus google nexus7

• 2014-12-01 19:46
  • sr3M

> In reply to Amit673 @ 2014-11-22 16:30 from Hktk - click to read downloaded the latest Android 5 and Im having loads of problems. Will do the reset and clearing cache and- keeping the fingers crossed, hope that I will get my tablet up and running again

• 2014-11-27 10:59
  • 98f5

Xmodgames can use in this device?

• 2014-11-25 19:12
  • ibeX

Mxplayer now supports android 5.0. Those who are facing issues after lollipop upgrade can see noticeable improvement after factory reset the tablet and wipe cache partition. I did both the things and improvements are there.

• 2014-11-22 16:30
  • Hktk

Guys don't ever buy an Asus product , My nexus 7 (2012) touch got broken , I called Asus service center , after so many tries they finally picked up the phone , When I asked about how much Will it cost to change the touch and they said cost Will be around Rs 9000 . Really , for a tablet that was launched for a price of 16000 and now is of 10000 has touch costing 9000 . Are really all other parts LCD , MB , CPU , Battery and all that cost only 1000.

• 2014-11-21 05:24
  • t}ps

Although the Nexus7 has received all sorts of plaudits in online reviews don't expect any help from ASUS if you get a problem with one. I have so far had two (the original unit and a store replacement) that didn't work properly (the first one the screen pixilated, the second one the charger connection didn't work).This was followed two repairs done by ASUS which have failed to solve problems with the microphone. I am now waiting for my 5th replacement/repair. The real problem, though, is with the terrible service from ASUS. I have received positively the worst service I have ever had with any product in my entire life - and I'm not young. Hours on the basic service phone line, hours more to speak to a supervisor, a six-week long exchange of dozens of emails using ASUS's online "escalation" approach with someone who simply does not understand the English language. Repair turnaround times are advertised at 5 - 7 business days but actually take in excess of a month. The escalation process which promises responses within 48 hours takes 5 - 7 days to get a response and questions are never answered directly, if at all. Requests for my unit to be replaced with a new unit have been denied (not their policy). Even a request for a reconditioned replacement unit has been denied. I'd love to get my money back but that, of course, has been denied too. ASUS does not deserve to stay in business with this kind of customer aftercare.

• 2014-11-20 21:11
  • jdAN

> In reply to Faeboys @ 2014-11-20 07:00 from Mtf1 - click to readis u r device is fast or ant slaginess and errors are occuring sir please tell me

• 2014-11-20 09:38
  • MfxH
Total of 1540 user reviews and opinions for Asus Google Nexus 7.